Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
Bike / Product Year: 2021
Manufacturer: Whyte
Model: E-160RS

Size Medium
Asking Price: 3495
Location Surrey

Description Selling my E160RS due to lack of use. Been serviced regularly. Covered 617 miles, and in excellent condition. The bike has had PPF fitted from new, a couple of bits weren’t to my satisfaction, but I never got round to changing them. I’ve got a full kit with every new piece that I’ll include with the bike, and also a touch up paint kit from Whyte. I’ll also include the official Whyte transportation bag, to protect the paintwork if you put it in the car.

I’ve upgraded the bars, tyres, seat, pedals, centrally mounted the Kiox, which is now in a much better location.

Collection from Camberley, Surrey. I’m open to sensible offers.

IMG_6805.jpeg
IMG_6806.jpeg
IMG_6807.jpeg
IMG_6808.jpeg
IMG_6809.jpeg
IMG_6810.jpeg
IMG_6811.jpeg
IMG_6812.jpeg
IMG_6813.jpeg
IMG_6814.jpeg
IMG_6815.jpeg
IMG_6816.jpeg

Last edited:

Bomble

Subscriber
Nov 11, 2018
Yorkshire
I think second hand Whyte price have taken a massive hit lately with the discounts available on the new smart system 750 models

198B9675-6DA4-4475-8F7B-6F65C553EA6C.png 57D876DD-2F62-452A-836C-2050AD5EE3BC.png

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
I think second hand Whyte price have taken a massive hit lately with the discounts available on the new smart system 750 models

View attachment 122011 View attachment 122012

Thanks for the heads up. Very frustrating, as I paid around £6k with all the accessories when I bought it.

With this in mind, I’ll drop the price to £3495, which represents a big discount over a new one. And the buyer will get all the accessories and original parts included.

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
Full spec

SPECIFICATIONS​

Frameset​

• Frame
    6061 custom drawn multi-butted hydroformed T6 aluminium alloy, molded chainstay protection
  • Fork
    FOX FLOAT 38 Performance, GRIP damper, 3-position compression adjust, 44mm offset, custom tune, 160mm
  • Shock
    FOX FLOAT DPS Performance, EVOL LV air can, 3-position compression adjust, rebound adjust
  • Motor
    Bosch Performance Line CX Gen 4, 85 Nm max torque, 250 W nominal power
  • Battery
    Bosch PowerTube, internal, removable, 625 Wh

Wheels​

• Hubs
    Alloy, double sealed cartridge bearings, 32 hole, 15x110mm Boost front, 12x148mm Boost E-Bike-specific rear with XD driver
  • Wheels
    WTB HTZ i30 TCS 2.0, asymmetric, sleeved joint, Super Tough construction, tubeless ready, 32 hole
  • Wheel Size
    27.5"
  • Spokes
    DT Swiss Champion, 2.0mm, black, stainless steel, with brass nipples
  • Tires
    Front: Maxxis Assegai, 120 TPI, 3C MaxxTerra, EXO+, TR, 27.5" x 2.5” WT
    Rear: Maxxis Minion DHR II, 120 TPI, 3C MaxxTerra, Double Down, TR, 27.5" x 2.4” WT

Drivetrain​

• Chain
    442mm, N/A, SRAM, X-SYNC 2, direct mount, 34 tooth, SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed
  • Crank
    SRAM EX1, ISIS, 165mm length
  • Bottom Bracket
    330mm
  • Rear Derailleur
    SRAM X01 Eagle, 12-speed
  • Shifters
    SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed, Single Click, MMX bracket

Components​

• Brakeset
    SRAM Code R, 4-piston, sintered metal pads, 220mm front rotor, 200mm rear rotor, SRAMCode R, MMX clamps
  • Handlebar
    Whyte Custom, 6061 alloy, 30mm rise, 35mm clamp diameter, 780mm width
  • Saddle
    Whyte Custom, triple panel design
  • Seatpost
    Crankbrothers Highline 3 dropper, ball socket remote lever, 30.9mm, Intergrip Seat Clamp System, 30.9mm, Intergrip Seat Clamp System
    Drop:
    125mm (XS/SM)
    150mm (MD/LG)
    170mm (XL)
  • Stem
    Whyte Enduro, 35mm bar clamp, 35mm length
  • Grips
    Whyte V, lock-on
  • Headset
    FSA No.57E Orbit ZS, sealed cartridge bearings

Bomble

Subscriber
Nov 11, 2018
Yorkshire
I would say it’s still too expensive mate, another £800 gets you a brand new bike with the new geo and smart system.
I’ve seen quite a few bikes similar to yours struggle to sell at 3 grand. Ive no idea why but second hand Whytes seem hard to sell, weird as they are such great bikes.
It’s also very much a buyers market at the moment.

nicknameless

Aug 14, 2020
Birmingham
Anyone interested at £3250? Or is this the wrong place to actually sell a bike?!
Possibly both price and location. I have sold two bikes in the last 3 months, both via facebook. Loads of timewasters, some genuine.

Price - one was a 3 year old e-bike and I was happy to take 40% of what I paid new (already discounted). Ended up getting closer to 45%. Saw many bikes advertised at what I thought were comical second hand prices. Perhaps I undersold but it went in less than 2 weeks.

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
I would say it’s still too expensive mate, another £800 gets you a brand new bike with the new geo and smart system.
I’ve seen quite a few bikes similar to yours struggle to sell at 3 grand. Ive no idea why but second hand Whytes seem hard to sell, weird as they are such great bikes.
It’s also very much a buyers market at the moment.
I can't see the latest E160-RS for anything less than about £4800. And that's without any extras.

It's a hell of a lot of bike for the money, someone will be getting an absolute bargain, that's for sure.

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
Possibly both price and location. I have sold two bikes in the last 3 months, both via facebook. Loads of timewasters, some genuine.

Price - one was a 3 year old e-bike and I was happy to take 40% of what I paid new (already discounted). Ended up getting closer to 45%. Saw many bikes advertised at what I thought were comical second hand prices. Perhaps I undersold but it went in less than 2 weeks.

Handy to know. It can't be location, as I'm in Surrey, not the arse end of Scotland!

But, as mentioned on here, I'm happy to discuss price with anyone interested.

At the end of the day, the eBay fees are ridiculous, and I'm not on Facebook, so will have to advertise via my wife's account, which could be a bit of a pain.

nicknameless

Aug 14, 2020
Birmingham
I can't see the latest E160-RS for anything less than about £4800. And that's without any extras.

It's a hell of a lot of bike for the money, someone will be getting an absolute bargain, that's for sure.
It's second hand and 2 years old though. Warranty? Try it elsewhere but prepare to be realistic if it doesn't shift. You may think it's a bargain but you need a buyer to. Were I in the market I wouldn't entertain it for what you're asking.

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
It's second hand and 2 years old though. Warranty? Try it elsewhere but prepare to be realistic if it doesn't shift. You may think it's a bargain but you need a buyer too. Were I in the market I wouldn't entertain it for what you're asking.

Yep, I’ll advertise it elsewhere. The price I’m asking is just a guide. Interested parties can contact me via private message where I’ll be happy to discuss further.

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
It's on eBay now with bids starting at £2750. If anyone is interested, let me know before the auction ends, and I'll work out a price based on current bids, and the lack of eBay fees.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles