The Bike:
Specialized Status Turbo Levo.jpg

Manufacturer: Specialized
Model: Turbo Levo SL Comp Carbon
Model Year: 2021
Price Paid: 8000€
New/Used: Brand New
Score (out of 10): 9

Review: One of my favourite bikes so far! A bit pricey, though. I have more reveiws to post here if there is any interest.
//Olof

Citylad77

Mar 13, 2021
Midlands
Thank you! I kind of liked the noise, it's got a soft tone to it. But that's only my opinion.
Don’t get me wrong I thought it handled well. I had the S Works for a day. But for me the whole point of the SL is that it does not feel like an E bike, which it did not do the motor is way to noisy all the time. I would rather have the a normal none E bike than this. Also it could only climb around 50% of the trails that the full levo can cover. When I took it back to the shop they said that lots of others that had tried it also had the same opinion.

Don’t get me wrong I thought it handled well. I had the S Works for a day. But for me the whole point of the SL is that it does not feel like an E bike, which it did not do the motor is way to noisy all the time. I would rather have the a normal none E bike than this. Also it could only climb around 50% of the trails that the full levo can cover. When I took it back to the shop they said that lots of others that had tried it also had the same opinion.
True, when it gets really steep the power simply isn't there.

VeloSwiss

Mar 15, 2021
Switzerland
I love this bike. For XC riding in the Swiss Alps I wanted some help on big climbs, but didnt want a super heavy full-fat EMTB as many of my rides are 'adventures' and often involve hike-a-bike. Olof is right the bike is super-responsive and on XC and ST you really dont notice its an Ebike. I really dont mind the motor noise, sometimes sounds like an angry bee, but I like bees! I also use the range extender battery which gives me up to 4 or 5 hours of riding with at least 40km with 1500m of climbing. Not all good though....(1) The motor was replaced (under warranty) after around 18,000km of riding as the crank bearings developed a little 'play'. (2) I also upgraded the brakes to 4-pot Shimano Deore XT as the SRAM G2 RSC just
IMG_8370.jpeg
fade too quickly on big descents. Oh, I also booted up with Maxxis HighRoller II 2.5" as the Butchers just washed-out too quickly.

I love this bike. For XC riding in the Swiss Alps I wanted some help on big climbs, but didnt want a super heavy full-fat EMTB as many of my rides are 'adventures' and often involve hike-a-bike. Olof is right the bike is super-responsive and on XC and ST you really dont notice its an Ebike. I really dont mind the motor noise, sometimes sounds like an angry bee, but I like bees! I also use the range extender battery which gives me up to 4 or 5 hours of riding with at least 40km with 1500m of climbing. Not all good though....(1) The motor was replaced (under warranty) after around 18,000km of riding as the crank bearings developed a little 'play'. (2) I also upgraded the brakes to 4-pot Shimano Deore XT as the SRAM G2 RSC just View attachment 55756 fade too quickly on big descents. Oh, I also booted up with Maxxis HighRoller II 2.5" as the Butchers just washed-out too quickly.
18 000 km!? That's to the moon and back!

Have only tested the sram g2 in snowy conditions, but I get it that they probably will fade quicker than the XT:s. I also agree that the butcher tyres wash-out far too early.

Last edited:

lightning

Apr 5, 2021
UK
Well, it's clearly a superb machine and so it should be at £8,000
Not that l am jealous at all....

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles