Rail (625Wh) 2021 Rail 9.7 Suspension Question

Bennett59

Apr 15, 2021
California
I’ve scanned around on here and I’ve had my Rail 9.7 for awhile. I’m wanting to upgrade the suspension finally. I’m looking at Fox 38 or DVO but I was also curious if I did the fork upgrade to 170mm and the Debon air upgrade to my Lyriks how would it fair. As for the rear shock I’m unsure what route to go if I went DVO I’d look to add one of there rear shocks, x2 if fox, any recommendations? I notice on aggressive downhill trials that have Lot of braking bumps and what not stock really chatters and you can feel it

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Personally I would service and upgrade the Lyric. The Lyric is a great fork with the Debonair air spring. You would gain some front end stiffness with a Fox 38 which is also a geat fork, but at the expense of more weight and significantly more money. I doubt that would amount to value for money on a trail bike. I would also stick to 160mm on a 36mm stancion fork. I only have experience of Fox shocks so probably best to ask what others have found works well on a Rail.

Bennett59

Apr 15, 2021
California
Personally I would service and upgrade the Lyric. The Lyric is a great fork with the Debonair air spring. You would gain some front end stiffness with a Fox 38 which is also a geat fork, but at the expense of more weight and significantly more money. I doubt that would amount to value for money on a trail bike. I would also stick to 160mm on a 36mm stancion fork. I only have experience of Fox shocks so probably best to ask what others have found works well on a Rail.
Maybe I will do that and just upgrade to 2.1 charger debon air shaft.

gfunkmc

Jan 9, 2019
wales
I’ve scanned around on here and I’ve had my Rail 9.7 for awhile. I’m wanting to upgrade the suspension finally. I’m looking at Fox 38 or DVO but I was also curious if I did the fork upgrade to 170mm and the Debon air upgrade to my Lyriks how would it fair. As for the rear shock I’m unsure what route to go if I went DVO I’d look to add one of there rear shocks, x2 if fox, any recommendations? I notice on aggressive downhill trials that have Lot of braking bumps and what not stock really chatters and you can feel it
PXL_20221031_163543899.jpg

Have a fox float X2 forsale freshly serviced

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles