Levo Gen 2 2021 Levo Rear Hub Replacement

galenma

Nov 18, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
Hello

Long story short, the rear hub of my 2021 Levo base model need to be replaced. Does anyone know the OEM parts model #, name and make? or if anyone know any aftermarket one i can use?
i only found this below info from Specialized:
Rear HubAlloy, sealed cartridge bearings, 12x148mm thru-axle, 32h
thanks.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Any 12x148 32h hub with HG driver..............32h to suit your rim and HG driver to suit your 12 Speed SRAM NX derailleur. DT Swiss would be a good replacement. I assume you will need the LBS to rebuild the wheel which will have a cost so a cost effective alternative might be to buy a complete wheel ( same spec) ...e.g DT Swiss 1700/1900

galenma

Nov 18, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
Any 12x148 32h hub with HG driver..............32h to suit your rim and HG driver to suit your 12 Speed SRAM NX derailleur. DT Swiss would be a good replacement. I assume you will need the LBS to rebuild the wheel which will have a cost so a cost effective alternative might be to buy a complete wheel ( same spec) ...e.g DT Swiss 1700/1900
thanks... would the XD driver work as well? or only the HG driver would work on my bike?
i was looking at the DT Swiss 1900, but only see option for Shimano... am i looking at the wrong one?

galenma

Nov 18, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
is the HG one shimano? and XD for SRAM?

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
SRAM NX 12 speed compatible cassettes use a HG driver. (HG is Shimano Hyperglide but that style of driver is made by many other brands on licence so it is not restricted to Shimano cassettes). DT Swiss are merely calling the driver a Shimano style HG driver albeit it is a DT Swiss driver.
I am guessing your existing wheel is 30mm internal diameter/ HG driver/148x12mm thru axle/ 6 bolt disc attachment. Match that from the Spline 1900 options.
If you have any doubts check your selection as suitable with your LBS. Im sure they will advise especially if you order it through them.

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
If it's just the bearings that have gone south you might consider just replacing these with a Specialized Service Kit.
@Al Boneta at Orange Cycle not far from you has the kit in stock and can do it. (Requires bearing extraction and a press).
You might send him a message here and/or call the shop for advice: (714) 532-6838

galenma

Nov 18, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
If it's just the bearings that have gone south you might consider just replacing these with a Specialized Service Kit.
@Al Boneta at Orange Cycle not far from you has the kit in stock and can do it. (Requires bearing extraction and a press).
You might send him a message here and/or call the shop for advice: (714) 532-6838

SRAM NX 12 speed compatible cassettes use a HG driver. (HG is Shimano Hyperglide but that style of driver is made by many other brands on licence so it is not restricted to Shimano cassettes). DT Swiss are merely calling the driver a Shimano style HG driver albeit it is a DT Swiss driver.
I am guessing your existing wheel is 30mm internal diameter/ HG driver/148x12mm thru axle/ 6 bolt disc attachment. Match that from the Spline 1900 options.
If you have any doubts check your selection as suitable with your LBS. Im sure they will advise especially if you order it through them.

thank you for helping, the bike shop said they can get this replaced if there's replacement part available. do you happen to know which brand/model # i can get? i found a few at worldwidecyclery web site.. but still not sure which one to get.. please help.. :geek:

messages_0 (1).jpeg

galenma

Nov 18, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
thank you everyone. finally talked to another bike shop and the guys seems to be much more knowledgeable and told me the correct part # is S202100004, which looks like this below. and for record. .this is for 2021 Specialized Turbo Levo Base

1628197205559.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles