Review 2021 Intense Tazer MX Pro

mxengineer1

Oct 29, 2018
Ohio, USA
Any other feedback about the MX pro? What sort of range are you getting on the battery?

I got a total right hip replacement 8 weeks ago and just got the go ahead from my doctor to start riding again! I've been out (3) times so far and got in 11 miles yesterday on my Intense Tazer MX Pro. Rode full Turbo the whole time and only used 2 bars of battery charge - range indicating another 11 miles in Turbo so about 22 miles range. I think depending on terrain and rider weight and mode riding 22~30 miles should be achievable switching between Turbo and Trail modes. It is possible to tune the power levels in the Shimano e-Tube app. I run my Tazer MX in the as delivered settings. The Ohlins DH38 forks are my favorite to date. Very supple at the top of the stroke with great bottoming resistance thanks to the lower chamber. The Magura brakes are progressive and easy to control. I've let a few friends ride the bike and all felt comfortable right away on the Tazer - the weight distribution between your hands and feet on the bike feels well centered. Weaknesses include the Shimano EP8 motor rattle and smaller battery (504Wh) which is not enough range for some riders (I like the lighter weight of the 500Wh battery). The dual crown Ohlins forks limit turning radius for slow tight turns.

Fun to be back on the bike again and my bionic hip is working great. MTB riding is part of my rehab and strengthening of my new hip. Now I have an excuse to ride my e-MTB's...doctor's orders!

From my ride yesterday at Horns Hill in Newark, Ohio......

IMG_1068P.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles