2021 Cube Hybrid Reaction Pro 625

emtbPhil

Jun 20, 2021
UK
Hey all,

New to the forum thought I'd show you my bike
Bought it in March this year, done 700+ miles on it already, absolutely in love with emtb'ing

2021-06-14 00.46.14.jpg

2021-06-19 15.36.40-3.jpg

Not the best photos but just some I took out riding

Made quite a few changes in the short time I've had her
Swapped the handlebars for some nukeproof riser bars, I felt the standard ones were just a bit too flat for my bad back.
Changed the Smart Sam's out for Eddy Current, and gone tubeless. The Smart Sams were very fast rolling and nice for gravel and road, but they lacked grip off road and the tubeless conversion allows me to run lower pressures which helps a bit with comfort on long trails.

Fitted a suspension dropper post, though I have a PNW coast suspension dropper post sat waiting to go on, as I like the comfort of the current one but I really need a dropper to get the seat out the way on the downhill stuff.

Also got a Sram GX derailleur and shifter to fit as I feel the SX is a bit cheap (I twisted the derailleur pretty early on) and I've been having some shifting problems (more on that later....)

Biggest change I made was ditching the suntour NCX forks in favour of some manitou markhor's - the suntour forks were at best a pogo stick and at worst basically a boat anchor. Awful forks. Manitou forks are lighter and obviously air over coil and really transformed the bike!

Also swapped pedals for DMR V12's and fitted deathgrips which gave a lot more control on the technical stuff.

I bought a hardtail as I'm fairly novice to mountain biking, and to be honest it was in stock which is a bit difficult to find during the pandemic, though I'm probably pushing the bike a bit far for what it was designed for. I'm finding the 180mm brakes and single pot calipers are starting to become an issue as I'm not a light guy and downhill stuff I'm really struggling.

Biggest problem I've got at the moment though is after just 700 miles in 3 months the freehub body has completely failed. Trying to work out how to get a replacement and have an email in with Cube about a warranty claim, but finding spare parts at the moment is a nightmare, so might be facing a few weeks without a bike :(

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles