Levo Gen 2 2020 Turbo Levo Comp dropping cadence, motor power and biker power in MC and Blevo

Hammick

Feb 3, 2022
Kansas City, Missouri
Was out for a long ride yesterday. There were some puddles on the trail. Bike started intermittantly dropping the cadence, motor power and biker power fields in Blevo. Tried Mission Control and the same so I'm confident it's a hardware issue. Where is the cadence sensor located? Hopefully it's as simple as cleaning it. I looked on the cranks and frame and didn't see anything that looked like a cadence sensor. By chance is it inside the motor assembly?

Thanks.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Was out for a long ride yesterday. There were some puddles on the trail. Bike started intermittantly dropping the cadence, motor power and biker power fields in Blevo. Tried Mission Control and the same so I'm confident it's a hardware issue. Where is the cadence sensor located? Hopefully it's as simple as cleaning it. I looked on the cranks and frame and didn't see anything that looked like a cadence sensor. By chance is it inside the motor assembly?

Thanks.
Cadence and torque sensors are inside the motor casing and if one or both had failed you would likely lose all motor power.

So the only issue was the bike failing to send data to Blevo which sounds like a transmission issue rather than anything to do with the actual functionality of the bike. The transmission link is blutooth so presumably that communications channel failed maybe due to interference. That interference can come from other devices on the same frequency or strong electro magnetic fields ( such as under high voltage national grid cables or near MOD sites. Once the session was interupted it would likely not re-establish without you starting a new session. It could also of course be a blutooth chip error on the bike ( I assume that is in the TCU).

Last edited:

Hammick

Feb 3, 2022
Kansas City, Missouri
Cadence and torque sensors are inside the motor casing and if one or both had failed you would likely lose all motor power.

So the only issue was the bike failing to send data to Blevo which sounds like a transmission issue rather than anything to do with the actual functionality of the bike. The transmission link is blutooth so presumably that communications channel failed maybe due to interference. That interference can come from other devices on the same frequency or strong electro magnetic fields ( such as under high voltage national grid cables or near MOD sites. Once the session was interupted it would likely not re-establish without you starting a new session. It could also of course be a blutooth chip error on the bike ( I assume that is in the TCU).

Thanks. I'll trouble shoot by turning off my BT devices one by one before I check the connections at the motor. It always shows the bike speed and assist mode and I can change the assist modes when this happens. Switching assist modes often brings the readings back temporarily.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles