The Bike:
FD61B19E-05F8-4188-AA53-25B376930227.jpeg

Manufacturer: Thok
Model: TK 01 Ltd
Model Year: 2020
Price Paid: £6800
New/Used: Brand New
Score (out of 10): 9

Review: Bike was shipped in four days from Alba Northern Italy. I bought the bike on the net no test ride It’s a brand new model so no history but there was plenty of happy supports of previous Thok models .
The bike arrived charged and brakes set up for UK riding. The climbing ability if outstanding no wandering and very precise easily on a par with my old SB6C but this bike has 180mm of bounce up front,Yeti was 150. Descending is inspiring deadly accurate but you don’t feel like you need to pick a line as the confidence the bike give if is fanriffic. It might just be me but the bike does feel a bit big and brutal in trees and you have to work a bit harder but the trails I rode were pretty tight . In a bike park I think it would be flat out and a wee bit faster mode. So I’m totally sold this will be Thok’s flagship model for 2021 get your name down now

chirosuisse

Oct 8, 2020
Switzerland
The Bike: View attachment 38166

Manufacturer: Thok
Model: TK 01 Ltd
Model Year: 2020
Price Paid: £6800
New/Used: Brand New
Score (out of 10): 9

Review: Bike was shipped in four days from Alba Northern Italy. I bought the bike on the net no test ride It’s a brand new model so no history but there was plenty of happy supports of previous Thok models .
The bike arrived charged and brakes set up for UK riding. The climbing ability if outstanding no wandering and very precise easily on a par with my old SB6C but this bike has 180mm of bounce up front,Yeti was 150. Descending is inspiring deadly accurate but you don’t feel like you need to pick a line as the confidence the bike give if is fanriffic. It might just be me but the bike does feel a bit big and brutal in trees and you have to work a bit harder but the trails I rode were pretty tight . In a bike park I think it would be flat out and a wee bit faster mode. So I’m totally sold this will be Thok’s flagship model for 2021 get your name down now
Wow! What an awesome bike! Good for you for getting your hands on one of these! Only 35 made!!! I'm drooling ;)

CBSTD

E*POWAH Master
Jun 15, 2020
thoK0north
Looks great!
A little bird told me a new Tk01 variant will be out near Xmas.
The Thok 01 is out now, comes with the new E8 motor and rockshock boucey bits they may also have changed the brakes I think it's 4999 euros +delivery also available at Thok points in mainland europe

CBSTD

E*POWAH Master
Jun 15, 2020
thoK0north
Thok 01 is available just upgrade the brakes, bouncy bits, the drive will wear out then upgrade plus you get the EP 8 motor ???

Bontee

Dec 6, 2020
warwickshire
The Thok 01 is out now, comes with the new E8 motor and rockshock boucey bits they may also have changed the brakes I think it's 4999 euros +delivery also available at Thok points in mainland europe
yes ,unfortunately when the price is translated into gbp the price goes up to £5,200,which is too much considering the spec.I was going to buy one but not now.

CBSTD

E*POWAH Master
Jun 15, 2020
thoK0north
yes ,unfortunately when the price is translated into gbp the price goes up to £5,200,which is too much considering the spec.I was going to buy one but not now.
Windwave are now UK distributors I’m guessing they need to make a pound to, there’s also the Ducati Thok 01 available through Ducati dealers but has Ducati price tag

CBSTD

E*POWAH Master
Jun 15, 2020
thoK0north
I think you might be surprised,I was originally intending to buy the Thok TK01 which is listed at €4990 so converting back to gbp means the bike should retail at £4400 or thereabouts.
The ducati Tk01rr ( which I have just dropped a deposit) on is €6990 .Now here is the interesting bit.The ducati retails in the UK at just over £6300 which is correct according to £/€ exchange rates.
The Thok Tk01 goes up to £5200 which means someone is making a big profit !
So the ducati goes down,the thok goes up and the difference between the two is just over a grand.
Now look at the spec ,the ducati wins hands down and the Thok is hugely overpriced.
Thok has yaris up front ,ducati has Ohlins ,more than 1k difference just there.
Interesting..The Ducati does not carry the premium but the Thok does,what do you think ?
Sounds like a no brainier, the euros price is about right for the Thok 01 for the spec , but that is a hell of a price hike for a uk bike glad I bought mine when I did. You’ll have a hoot on your Ducati I can’t recommend them enough. If youre ever north of the border give me a shout I would love to try the new motor , enjoy your duke/Thok

routrax

E*POWAH Master
Jun 15, 2019
Uxbridge
I think you might be surprised,I was originally intending to buy the Thok TK01 which is listed at €4990 so converting back to gbp means the bike should retail at £4400 or thereabouts.
The ducati Tk01rr ( which I have just dropped a deposit) on is €6990 .Now here is the interesting bit.The ducati retails in the UK at just over £6300 which is correct according to £/€ exchange rates.
The Thok Tk01 goes up to £5200 which means someone is making a big profit !
So the ducati goes down,the thok goes up and the difference between the two is just over a grand.
Now look at the spec ,the ducati wins hands down and the Thok is hugely overpriced.
Thok has yaris up front ,ducati has Ohlins ,more than 1k difference just there.
Interesting..The Ducati does not carry the premium but the Thok does,what do you think ?

Well spotted! That's a huge amount of markup and makes the TK01 well overpriced.

I got my MIG via FC UP Sports for the euro price converted to GBP. Might be worth giving them a ring.

Bontee

Dec 6, 2020
warwickshire
Sounds like a no brainier, the euros price is about right for the Thok 01 for the spec , but that is a hell of a price hike for a uk bike glad I bought mine when I did. You’ll have a hoot on your Ducati I can’t recommend them enough. If youre ever north of the border give me a shout I would love to try the new motor , enjoy your duke/Thok
I might take you up on that,I come to scotland regularly,best mate lives in dumfries.
You have an outstanding bike,I tried to get one just like yours but I was too late,I think the spec on your bike and the Ducati are quite similar,so all I can do is wait till january.Enjoy your bike ,all the best.

routrax

E*POWAH Master
Jun 15, 2019
Uxbridge
already did that Routax,windwave sole importers now apparently.

I bet that's related to brexit and the increase due to additional work required to import things.
I think we (in the UK) should be ready for everything else imported to see the same kind of increase.

Bontee

Dec 6, 2020
warwickshire
I bet that's related to brexit and the increase due to additional work required to import things.
I think we (in the UK) should be ready for everything else imported to see the same kind of increase.
I don’t think so routax,import duties are the same ,I have an import account in connection with my bussiness.The amount of extra work to be honest is minimal.Also the Ducati is not affected,so I stick with my initial assessment.
All the best

Silverfox

Oct 12, 2020
Kent. UK
Windwave profiteering are going to kill sales in this country, the TK01 was on my list but not now Windwave have got involved and added £600 to the price