2020 Specialized levo/kenevo rumors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
I did read the rest of the post, but I'm more interested in why components don't matter when you only ride your bike 7 months of the year, than what depreciation might be like for a levo/yt/whatever.

Bikes depreciate like a high end bmw, e bikes seem remarkably resilient to depreciation, but just like my $6500 2014 regular bike is now worth about $1000, ebikes are not something to buy if you can't accept the loss. Probably in 12 months, you would lose something like 25-33% and 24 months maybe 50%.

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
I like the look but in Canada i could only use it 7 months so the components are irrelevent. With our taxes it would be allmost 10,000$ and impossible to resell anything close to a decent amount. How much do you think you will be able to get for it in 12 months? 24 months?

7400cad including shipping for the cf base. Little needs to be changed. Ill change to burlier tires with inserts and probably an air shaft to make the fork 170 or 180. Some larges and xl's still in stock

Mydriaze

Jul 7, 2019
France
Just to be clear, I was joking with the components: low-end-Tesco-bike components but with Specialized high prices.

I agree with you, however. Ebikes sales are increasing right now and prices are a really high. Too high. Buying a 7000 or 8000€ bikes now, and sell it 1500€ in 2 or 3 years... that’s a lot of money... lost. Market is not stabilized yet.

Concerning the new Levo, I can’t wait to have some details today! And I hope some pictures too!

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
If you look at the cost of high end non-ebikes these too have the same cost issues (think 1500-2000 difference in cost for the battery and motor).

33red

Jun 12, 2019
Quebec, Canada
I did read the rest of the post, but I'm more interested in why components don't matter when you only ride your bike 7 months of the year, than what depreciation might be like for a levo/yt/whatever.

Bikes depreciate like a high end bmw, e bikes seem remarkably resilient to depreciation, but just like my $6500 2014 regular bike is now worth about $1000, ebikes are not something to buy if you can't accept the loss. Probably in 12 months, you would lose something like 25-33% and 24 months maybe 50%.
Read the depreciation thread. From retail if i loose 40% i have to add 15% sales taxes so that is a lot. The fact i can use it 7 months = it is a ton of money each month. I do not waste money on BMW.

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
What are you talking about, 2019, 2020?
Yt decoy. Theyve just recently recieved stock. Actually he said its in Vancouver port but will arive at yt cznada hq(kelowna in the west) monday and fingers crossed shipped end of this week. Is that 19 or '20? 7428ish including tax and shipping. I think its just gst on bikes(no pst).
Also i inquired about '19 kenevo sale price. They havent listed a sale price but the rep said he'd do the upcoming sale price now if i wanted it. The comp can be had for 5850cad(6250ish w tax and ship)before tax and shipping.
I figured id have to change the wheels and brakes on the kenevo comp and i like the idea of a mullet bike for my dimensions so i opted for the newer design and lighter weight of the decoy for a few hundred $'s more
Also i demoed the devinci ac and i liked it but theyre only discounting 10% and i prefer the geo of the decoy and the lighter weight and 29r front. Next year devinci will have 3 bikes. I think he said ac stays 27.5 and theyll have a 150 29r and a 130 29r bike with internal battery etc. Something close to that dont quote me

Last edited:

DanDilla

Jun 11, 2018
Germany
Read the depreciation thread. From retail if i loose 40% i have to add 15% sales taxes so that is a lot. The fact i can use it 7 months = it is a ton of money each month. I do not waste money on BMW.

WT*? This is not an investment like a house.

You just need to crash the frame on a stone and it has instantly decepted all of its Worth.
If you want to make a rational Investment without loss: go and buy some houses. Or hold your cash...
Then even a normal mtb will be out of range.

Also you get better components - which you could also upgrade yourself- but I do really not understand the 7 Month thing.

Mydriaze

Jul 7, 2019
France
I bored today. Can't do anything outside, I'm stuck with my "mini-me" at home yelling to see some deepshit cartoon. Browsed Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and no news of the supposed dealer event. Can't wait this evening to know more. So I'm spamming here hoping @jemen will do an update.

Here's a picture of Miss Peaches, the DH rider:

IMG_1506-2-1.jpg

Inkglorious

Aug 27, 2018
Germany
Why are the components irrelevant when you only use the bike for 7 months of the year?
I bored today. Can't do anything outside, I'm stuck with my "mini-me" at home yelling to see some deepshit cartoon. Browsed Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and no news of the supposed dealer event. Can't wait this evening to know more. So I'm spamming here hoping @jemen will do an update.

Here's a picture of Miss Peaches, the DH rider:

IMG_1506-2-1.jpg

Im also waiting... Mrs Peaches? WHO is she?

jemen

E*POWAH Master
Jun 1, 2018
Austria
Hi folks, i'm back from Holzkirchen. It was no official BIG event. It was a "normal" event for dealers for season planning. We saw some of the new LEVOs and we are allowed to tell there are 3 different Base Levos, 4 different Alu Comp Levos, 2 Carbon Expert models and one or two S- Works models as most of you know already. We were not allowed to make pictures for sharing.
We did NOT see any Enduro or Kenevos but they WILL COME and i'm almost sure they will be presented when we are in Rabac in September.
We did some awesome test rides with the ne Turbo CREOs which are very cool but unfortunately speed limit at 25km/h, i'm sure people will find a way for raising it.

j.

Reefer

Jul 19, 2019
Austria
Hi folks, i'm back from Holzkirchen. It was no official BIG event. It was a "normal" event for dealers for season planning. We saw some of the new LEVOs and we are allowed to tell there are 3 different Base Levos, 4 different Alu Comp Levos, 2 Carbon Expert models and one or two S- Works models as most of you know already. We were not allowed to make pictures for sharing.
We did NOT see any Enduro or Kenevos but they WILL COME and i'm almost sure they will be presented when we are in Rabac in September.
We did some awesome test rides with the ne Turbo CREOs which are very cool but unfortunately speed limit at 25km/h, i'm sure people will find a way for raising it.

j.
Colors and price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles