2020 Hybrid 160 TM - how wide of tire would you go

Zudnik

Jul 27, 2020
NNJ, USA
Getting a new wheelset and the rims will be Stan's Baron MK3. Was thinking of going wider tire like maybe a 2.8. If you went wider than the stock 2.6, did you have any issues?

Jay355

Apr 10, 2020
East Anglia
T
Getting a new wheelset and the rims will be Stan's Baron MK3. Was thinking of going wider tire like maybe a 2.8. If you went wider than the stock 2.6, did you have any issues?
i was thinking the same, 2.8 on the rear. Did you try to fit one?

Rosemount

E*POWAH Elite
May 23, 2020
Qld Australia
Internal width of your rim will make a difference .
Those Stans rims are 35 mm ID . I changed from a 27 ID to 30 with a 2.6 Hans Dampf and there is not a lot of room left .

Jay355

Apr 10, 2020
East Anglia
I was going to stay with the stock Newman rims Sl E30. So I’m assuming 30mm. Hans damps was my 1st choice of rear tyre too so I’m interested to know if it’s made a difference. The eddy current is getting good reviews also but I think that might be suited to the front better.

Rosemount

E*POWAH Elite
May 23, 2020
Qld Australia
Nothing bad to say about the Hans Dampf .
The pink / red striped compound is nice but never lasts long enough . lol .
On to my 2nd one on the rear [ bike came with them ] Assegai on the front . I have DHR II and DIssector on the shelf so I think that tells how I rate Hans . They will get used later .

The WTB 30 mm ID rim did change the tire shape from the 27 ? ID on my Cube . Wider in the side walls and flatter on the tread surface .
I could feel a positive difference in cornering and braking .

Jay355

Apr 10, 2020
East Anglia
Nothing bad to say about the Hans Dampf .
The pink / red striped compound is nice but never lasts long enough . lol .
On to my 2nd one on the rear [ bike came with them ] Assegai on the front . I have DHR II and DIssector on the shelf so I think that tells how I rate Hans . They will get used later .

The WTB 30 mm ID rim did change the tire shape from the 27 ? ID on my Cube . Wider in the side walls and flatter on the tread surface .
I could feel a positive difference in cornering and braking .
I have a DHR 2, (27.5 x 2.8) on my Haibike and it’s been faultless, and that is the rear tyre supplied on the Cube in size 2.4. I really just wanted to try a different set up on the cube.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles