2020 Giant Trance E+ Pro 0 motor problem

Kaitan

Jan 10, 2022
Sydney
Hi All,

Have a 2020 Giant Trance E+ pro 1 with 2700km on the clock. Long story short, the bike have minor problems with the ridecontrol button and the motor being on and off after washing the bike. The ridecontrol was replaced and the it didn't have a problem until washing the bike again and the control just switch off. Went into giant to replace it again and it was working fine after. seems like the first replacement had an issue with fitment by the giant mechanic.

Now after a few weeks of riding, once again after washing the bike and let it dry the next morning the bike wont turn on at all. Sent it into giant and the mechanic apparently states it needs a new motor. The problem is bought the bike used and therefore no warranty.

Anyone experience this issue previously? Dont want to be forking out $2.2k AUD for a brand new motor without having a second opinion. The LBS states that there is no guarantee that it will fix the problem but would need to pay for the motor first then will know the outcome.

Need help and some advice. Thanks for your input.

Thanks

Kaitan

Jan 10, 2022
Sydney
Your answer is simple. Don't wash it ;-) - JOKE

But look at this YT profile. maybe you will find the solution. 2,7K km is f#@!%$! low for throwing bike to trash!
Hi Kolskis,

The problem is not able to turn off but not able to turn on.

Had that issue of not able to turn off after washing which is easy to solve but now the bike wont turn on.

Kingerz

Jul 11, 2021
Australia
Are you certain this wasn't an issue from the previous owner that you inherited?

Andf what is that stupid video meant to prove, that intentionally sabotaging an electric device wrecks it?

Kolskis

Jul 4, 2021
Poland, Jelenia
i try on other side;
when the water get into a connector something is or could happen. You my turn off a bike normaly and after 6 h the corrosion/wash fluid do thier job. I just know that Your engine is ok! and the LBS told You - we like you but, we know that you are a problem because we help You once... but twice you must $$$$ - we don't like problems :) (only opinion)

You must check the wire. Do measurments ... etc. I'm engeener, for me is a simple thinking, there is a cause is an effect; Your couse was a water - twice. Maybe for 1 time no one find good solution. But disconnect - connect wires......

woollettg

Apr 27, 2020
Wellington NZ
I have a 2020 E+1. I have similar issues after washing. It behaves itself once it dries out. Not a motor issue.
As far as weather tightness and wet riding goes bike design is barely fit for purpose IMO.
My bike is almost out warranty, I'm nervous.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles