Bike / Product Year: 2020
Manufacturer: Frey
Model: AM1000

Size Large
Asking Price: 3000 USD
Location San Jose, CA USA

Description Frey AM1000 V5.0 full suspension ebike
Full bike details here: AM1000 AM1000 - Frey Bike International

Frame size large, purchased with lights, gear change sensor, and rear rack from Frey.
I had a problem with the motor making a clicking sound, so Frey sent me a replacement motor that I installed. The original motor is included.

I upgraded the bike with an EggRider controller, Renthal carbon-fiber handlebar, ODI Rogue grips, and a couple very tasteful yellow reflective stripes. The original controller and grips are included if you want them.

The bike is in very good condition: never crashed, but a little dirty from trail riding.

Asking $3000

I also have an SRAM AXS wireless dropper post I could include for an additional price if you want. It's currently undergoing warranty service by SRAM, but should be back soon (I hope).

If you're not familiar with the Frey AM1000, it is a Bafang Ultra-based full-suspension mountain bike. The bike uses very nice components for the brakes, transmission, and suspension, with a Frey-built frame and of course the monster Bafang motor. It has a huge 1KWh battery using name-brand lithium cells. It can easily be pedaled at 30mph with assist, has a throttle, and with that giant battery I never had any problems with range. The downside of the steel frame, Ultra motor, and giant battery is that it's heavy: the whole bike with battery pushes 70 lbs, though you could save some of that by removing the kickstand and rear rack. But as-is, I never had trouble keeping up with my pals on Turbo Levo's on the trails.

I'm selling it because while it's a great all-around ebike, it lead me to discover just how much I enjoy relatively aggressive MTB riding, so I've replaced it with a Trek Rail 9.8 that's more trail-focused and (importantly) legal on class 1 trails.

More pictures here: Frey AM1000 - brettcoon

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles