2020 Decoy

06z

Jun 2, 2019
Southern California
Same Battery for now.
Only 2 models 170 MM travel, at least the fork is.
Pro Race, 170 MM Fox Factory 36 E-bike fork, no DI2 and SLX 12 speed cassette.
Comp, 170 MM Fox Rythm 36 E-bike fork SLX 12 speed cassette.

Last edited:

Jdog

Patreon
Jun 4, 2019
Surrey, UK
YT are currently still failing to deliver peoples 2019 models, I can’t see them even mentioning 2020 models until at least Q1 next year

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
If this is true that's fine with me. I am happy with my purchase. I would buy it again.
Im not sure what model year yt are calling it. I just said that because my purchase was between the decoy and the 2020 meta sx and the decoy was released 3 weeks before the sx so i bought the decoy. I didnt want to gamble that the forecasted release date on the sx woulsd get pushed back. At that point the season is done here. Like you, im happy with my purchase. Its exceeded expectations. Fingers crossed, its still new

06z

Jun 2, 2019
Southern California
Im not sure what model year yt are calling it. I just said that because my purchase was between the decoy and the 2020 meta sx and the decoy was released 3 weeks before the sx so i bought the decoy. I didnt want to gamble that the forecasted release date on the sx woulsd get pushed back. At that point the season is done here. Like you, im happy with my purchase. Its exceeded expectations. Fingers crossed, its still new
I was looking at that same bike but didn't want to wait either. Decoy is a awesome bike.

BB Basher

Oct 12, 2019
kent, UK
I've heard on the YT Facebook group that even though bikes are showing as "in stock" when an order is placed people are being given delayed delivery dates do to awaiting parts. It's currently putting me off pulling the pin on a Decoy but I do have my analogue bike and my son's LT9.9 to play o until I decide what to buy

Jedipip

Jul 29, 2018
Yorkshire
Just to add it would be good if any Decoy owners on here could let me know your experiences

I’m 1000miles in to a Decoy Pro.
Faultless (whilst Spesh owners are on battery#2 and motor#2? ?). Delivered early too!

It’s eaten 2xDHR’s! (They are expensive and not tough enough for the type of riding you are going to do) it’s never left me stranded and the standard battery is waaaay better than 540wh sounds due to the improved cells.

Like all things that are ‘gadgets’ you can delay your purchase waiting for better things. Of that we can be certain. In the meantime you are missing out.

But I’m confirmation biased as I own one and I’m £5k poorer for the privilege, I want it to be GREAT and I tell everyone it is, because it has taken everything I’ve thrown at it and it is better than I had hoped for. It’s worth trying to find an owner that wants to hand their’s back, there has to be one somewhere?

Surely?

TransAmMan

Sep 18, 2019
Canada
My Pro Race will be here in 2 days. USA. Pumped! I had a 19 Levo Expert. Gonna be a good comparison

Your gonna love it! The "mullet is real"

After riding 27.5 (Many) and 29 bikes (Transition Sentinel) over the years, the main decision for choosing the YT was:

1. The mullet: it dramatically improves the bikes agility. You won't "feel like" your on a 29'er with the short chanstays out back. The bike has the roll over of the 29 with the agility of the 27.5. I take my decoy anywhere my Sentinel used to go. The bike jumps and drops VERY well at speed, but requires a bit more muscle at slow speed.

2. The Fork offset: 44mm offset gives the same advantages of the SBG design that Transition uses (and most companies are copying). I looked (and demo'ed for 2 days) the Commencal 29 e-bike offerings but was a bit turned off by the long chainstay and 51mm offset fork. This would be a good choice for a "tires on the ground" rider looking for ultimate straight line stability … but not for somebody who wants to jump and throw around their bike.

3. E-bike specific parts : Fox 36 fork (with thicker and stronger steer tube and crown .. no creaking hopefully) .. E13 carbon wheelset that again is built practically identical to their DH carbon wheelset (thicker carbon .. better strength)

4. Part spec vs price : An obvious strength here. Many companies are downgrading their part spec to offset the battery and motor costs (code R vs RSC, cheap rear hubs (ie 370). I honestly cannot think of a single part I don't like. And the other benefit of no OEM branded parts … all aftermarket. While OEM branded parts are getting better, the companies are not offsetting their prices to the consumer by using them (albeit Giant is pretty good at lowering their prices to offset their OEM branded parts)

5. Weight .. no 56 lb beast here .. albeit its not a lightweight by any means but decent.

6. Look .. a VERY nice looking bike.

Enjoy your new ride when it arrives. :cool:

Gutch

Sep 10, 2018
South Carolina
Your gonna love it! The "mullet is real"

After riding 27.5 (Many) and 29 bikes (Transition Sentinel) over the years, the main decision for choosing the YT was:

1. The mullet: it dramatically improves the bikes agility. You won't "feel like" your on a 29'er with the short chanstays out back. The bike has the roll over of the 29 with the agility of the 27.5. I take my decoy anywhere my Sentinel used to go. The bike jumps and drops VERY well at speed, but requires a bit more muscle at slow speed.

2. The Fork offset: 44mm offset gives the same advantages of the SBG design that Transition uses (and most companies are copying). I looked (and demo'ed for 2 days) the Commencal 29 e-bike offerings but was a bit turned off by the long chainstay and 51mm offset fork. This would be a good choice for a "tires on the ground" rider looking for ultimate straight line stability … but not for somebody who wants to jump and throw around their bike.

3. E-bike specific parts : Fox 36 fork (with thicker and stronger steer tube and crown .. no creaking hopefully) .. E13 carbon wheelset that again is built practically identical to their DH carbon wheelset (thicker carbon .. better strength)

4. Part spec vs price : An obvious strength here. Many companies are downgrading their part spec to offset the battery and motor costs (code R vs RSC, cheap rear hubs (ie 370). I honestly cannot think of a single part I don't like. And the other benefit of no OEM branded parts … all aftermarket. While OEM branded parts are getting better, the companies are not offsetting their prices to the consumer by using them (albeit Giant is pretty good at lowering their prices to offset their OEM branded parts)

5. Weight .. no 56 lb beast here .. albeit its not a lightweight by any means but decent.

6. Look .. a VERY nice looking bike.

Enjoy your new ride when it arrives. :cool:
All of your reasons I agree with. Definitely eager to try the Mullet set up. This will be my 5th emtb. My Levo Expert was built. The only parts I’m changing is, a32t Renthal chainring, 220mm front rotor, Ergon Seat and E8000 shifter.

Did your bike arrive tubeless? If not, do they supply the valves?
Thanks

Jedipip

Jul 29, 2018
Yorkshire
All of your reasons I agree with. Definitely eager to try the Mullet set up. This will be my 5th emtb. My Levo Expert was built. The only parts I’m changing is, a32t Renthal chainring, 220mm front rotor, Ergon Seat and E8000 shifter.

Thanks

You’ll need valves!!

Jedipip

Jul 29, 2018
Yorkshire
Arrr, that kinda sucks!

I’m running RIMPACT inserts, so the valves need the side-feeding holes to avoid blockages.

Depends how you are going to use it?

I’m good at destroying the Maxxis! Eddy Currents now getting a run out ??
Thats surprising. My cf base came with valves

YT have done this before. Guess it depends on the wheel set supplier?

I didn’t get them on my Capra Pro Race

Different model, different year and they turn up!

TransAmMan

Sep 18, 2019
Canada
Wheels come all taped .. but do not come tubeless … so you need to buy valves.

I changed out the OEM Maxxis tires as well (same tires .. just aftermarket new ones)

Not sure if the rumour is true (they are poorer quality than the aftermarket ones with YELLOW logos) , but in 15 years of riding I have only had 2 flats .. BOTH on the Maxxis tires with WHITE logos and both brand new on the first ride.

Could be pure coincidence, but figure I'll reinstall them when I sell the bike.

Enjoy the bike .. its a TON of fun :)

06z

Jun 2, 2019
Southern California
Same Battery for now.
Only 2 models 170 MM travel, at least the fork is.
Pro Race, 170 MM Fox Factory 36 E-bike fork, no DI2 and SLX 12 speed cassette.
Comp, 170 MM Fox Rythm 36 E-bike fork SLX 12 speed cassette.

Ymersmoelf

Oct 19, 2019
Denmark

Thanks
Valves in the box - base model!

Sapientiea

Jul 12, 2019
Netherlands
Well a bigger battery would ease my mind a bit more, but after more than 1500km on the Decoy I really cannot complain about battery performance. Actually super happy with it and its range for that matter

06z

Jun 2, 2019
Southern California
I was told in September by YT USA that a bigger battery will be available in early 2020. Just need to hang on a little longer.

squeegee

Aug 19, 2019
USA
I was told they are not aware of a discount. This is in the US though.

I heard the same about a discount. Not sure why YT hasn't delivered on the 700w, but that is the most important item I want right now. I would have already picked up a spare 540 but wanted to wait to have the versatility of 700 or 540 depending on the ride and time.

I have to say I'm surprised they released the 2020 models WITHOUT 700W batteries. Makes you wonder what is really going on...

Many a day for me on loops where I'm milking the battery in Eco to get more miles, but if I had a spare in the truck just swing by and swap it and ride the trails all day in trail/boost mode without a care.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles