Manufacturer: Cannondale
Model: Habit 2 Neo
Model Year: 2020
Price Paid: $7000 (MSRP)
New/Used: Brand New
Score (out of 10): 9

Review:
078b61b9-f481-49af-a089-a12117cd26ad-jpeg.104937
Here is my wife and my review of the all new 2020 C-Dale Habit 2 Neo.

Snippet:
I tried my first e-bike a couple of summers ago -- and almost two years to the day later, I bought one. I am writing this follow-up review not as a discussion on cheating, accessibility, and stigma, all that stuff; instead I want to explain how and why we went from being extremely intrigued to actually making the purchase.

First, I didn’t wake up one morning intending to buy an e-bike. No, I kind of backed into it. It started when Tricia and I got our bikes ready to ride this year. With everything Covid going on, and being unable to ski, you would have thought we were excited to switch gears and go ride, but that wasn’t really the case. Tricia’s allergies were getting worse and worse, and she could barely ride more than a couple of miles -- literally, as in two or three -- before she was done. This made it not fun for either of us. So, the intent was to upgrade her ride to an e-bike, which we felt would level the playing field so both of us could enjoy riding again.

Full Review:

Reactions: ggx

Philpug

Jun 14, 2020
Reno NV USA
I have about 300 miles on my HN2. I did have an Error 550 code for a while but that has since gone away...like a miracle. I ahve been very happy with the bike, the one main upgrade I did was to swap out the tires from the Rekons to the more aggressive DHR II and DHF's. For the soft terrain and "moondust" we have here in the hills of Northern Nevada, I feel it was the right choice. I did sacrifice a bit in steering but gained much more in areas where the cround was soft and dry, common here.

The Kiox system works well but does not stay synced with my phone all of the time. About 50% of my riding is in Eco with Tour, EmTB being the other 49% and Turbo used only when I am rushing home on the main road up to my house. Overall the Habit has gotten me out riding much more than I ever did on my last bike. I am thinking I might even go out for a quick 10 miles when I am done typing this, something that I would never have considered prior. So, the Habit Neo makes me look for a reason to ride verses a reason not to.

On every ride, and at any point I am smiling and think...why are people busting their asses on a regular bike punishing themselves so much...when they could be riding one of these.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles