Levo Gen 2 2019 Revelation Fork Internal Upgrade

Nov 19, 2018
Quantocks
I have a 2019 Levo Comp, with the factory fitted Revelation Fork. I feel it's time to upgrade the fork, but would rather do the internals instead of buying a whole new fork.
Does anyone know which kit fits the 2019 model? Anyone done it already, Any tips?

Thanks Chris

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I have but it was a Revelation RC fork on my Focus. You need to start with knowing exactly what fork you have (the model , id code is stamped on the fork brace, then Google it to get to the correct page on the Rockshox website).
Then move to the Rockshox spares catalogue, here:

From memory the index is on page 3 and the Revelations start at about page 100.

You can upgrade the damper from the current Motion Control to the Charger damper, you might as well go for the latest version the Charger 2.1. It comes in two sorts the expensive RC and the £100 cheaper RCT3. Don't just go for the most expensive, research what the damper does for you and be honest about your ability (or even desire) to tune your suspension.

If you do not already have a Debonair air spring, you can upgrade that too for about £42, or less if you already have an earlier Debonair version.

The Rockshox tuning guide is very useful, it covers all its fork types and goes into some detail.

Jamze

Jun 30, 2020
Oxfordshire
Or if you install the RS TrailHead app on your phone and put the serial number of your fork in, it will tell you what upgrades are available...

Screenshot_20200906-135929.jpg

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Well, that looks quicker! But it still refers you to the spare parts catalogue.

When I was trying to buy a Charger 2.1 for my Revelation, the sellers I looked at appeared to have the wrong descriptions, which was very off-putting. None of the options looked correct. I only knew this because I had consulted the spare parts catalogue. I rang the TF Tuned website (the only English supplier of the ones I saw) and had a long conversation. Eventually they agreed that the description was wrong and confusing and changed it. But by then they had sold the last one!! So I had to buy from a German website, but by this time I could see past the confusion. Ignore the description, buy the code number.

Nov 19, 2018
Quantocks
I have but it was a Revelation RC fork on my Focus. You need to start with knowing exactly what fork you have (the model , id code is stamped on the fork brace, then Google it to get to the correct page on the Rockshox website).

You can upgrade the damper from the current Motion Control to the Charger damper, you might as well go for the latest version the Charger 2.1. It comes in two sorts the expensive RC and the £100 cheaper RCT3. Don't just go for the most expensive, research what the damper does for you and be honest about your ability (or even desire) to tune your suspension.

If you do not already have a Debonair air spring, you can upgrade that too for about £42, or less if you already have an earlier Debonair version.

The Rockshox tuning guide is very useful, it covers all its fork types and goes into some detail.
Thanks Steve, that's really useful advice.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Thanks Steve, that's really useful advice.
And if you fit the charger 2.1 and the Debonair spring, you will have converted your Revelation to a Pike. So don't forget to order some new decals!

Slik Graphics are based in Sweden and have a fast turn round on their high quality graphics.

RCDallas

May 28, 2019
Italy
And if you fit the charger 2.1 and the Debonair spring, you will have converted your Revelation to a Pike. So don't forget to order some new decals!

Slik Graphics are based in Sweden and have a fast turn round on their high quality graphics.
I was considering getting some custom stickers calling it a "Revelation Ultimate"

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth

Not quite...the crown is different.
Most of the problem with the Revelation can be cured by fitting the c1 Debonair upgrade and dialling back the rebound to full open and set the compression (low speed) to about the mid point.
If you go beyond that and also change the damper to RC 2.1 you are getting a lot closer to the price of a new Pike.

Jeffers

Mar 11, 2019
Kent

Steve, I really appreciated this detail, when you look at the list of spares it blows my mind. I have the same fork, 29” Debonair RC. Details below, mine is over 2 years old, not been serviced, so could you clarify if i can order a used Spring upgrade, ie, as a pack with seals, oil and service components. Do I understand correctly, I don’t need a Debonair spring, or would you change that too given mine has had around 3000 k on the clock?
SERIAL NO
44T84562621
PART NO
MODEL ID
FS-RVL-RC-A2
MODEL NAME
Revelation RC
WHEEL SIZE
29"
TRAVEL
150MM
STEERER
TAPERED
AXLE
15X110MM BOOST™
DAMPER TYPE
MOTION CONTROL
VOLUME REDUCER
1/4 TOKENS
DAMPER ADJUST
CROWN
SPRING
DEBONAIR
SPRING RATE
N/A
COLOR
DIFFUSION BLACK
FORK OFFSET
51MM (29")
MIN ROTOR SIZE
180MM

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Hi @Jeffers, despite the detail advice I gave on a Revelation RC upgrade, I am definitely not qualified or experienced enough to give advice about spring upgrades. I only shared what I done with success (eventually) in an attempt to make it easier for someone else to follow the same path without making the same mistakes as I did.

Your fork will definitely need a service after that length of time and the distance covered. Have you considered getting someone like TF Tuned to do the whole job all in one, service, spring conversion, the lot? They are nice people and happy to talk about suspension. Why not just ring them up and ask? When you get through, say that you need some technical advice about spring conversion on your Revelation fork. They will quote you a price.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles