Levo Gen 2 2019 / 2020 Specialized Turbo Levo info and FAQ

scipy

Dec 29, 2018
Sevnica
Does anyone know (or can measure) the clamping diameter on the seat tube for the 2019 Levo's? I know it should be around 38 mm, but need a confirmation as I'm looking into different seat clamp options for the new shim and dropper post.

lumpy

🚁 CHOPPER 🚁
Nov 26, 2018
SF Bay Area
Anyone know what it the spare part for 2019 Turbo Levo Comp dropper lever? Is it a generic Specialized part? SRAM part (because it is connected to SRAM brake lever) or is it X-Fusion Manic Lever?

Broke my lever, and need a spare part.

https://www.emtbforums.com/community/attachments/imag0305-2-jpg.8848/

there you can see what it looks like. Stole the picture from another thread!

-K

I broke mine recently also and never could find a direct replacement. I ended up rebuilding it with some pieces of carbon fiber and epoxy to glue it all together. So far so good, but I too would like to know of a direct replacement.

Tim

Xeretic

Feb 11, 2019
Russia
Did anyone try fitting Schwalbe Ice soiker pros 2,6 tires on turbo Levo 27,5+? I wonder if there is any rub between the spikes and the frame/fork? Anyone can test this on their bike?

Sep 1, 2018
Newcastle
On 2019 levo (alloy) does anyone know what size cap head is required on the black plastic cable retainer that sits in the small diagonal frame brace.

Thanks

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
Wanted to give a “shout out” to @Al Boneta at Orange Cycle here in Southern California. I purchased a 2018 Levo there December ’17 and bought a 2019 Levo in January this year to accommodate the new 700Wh battery. Both bikes have performed without a hiccup likely due at least in part to Al’s service skills.

Al contacted me this week to let me know he had some upgrades for the 2019 model that I might like and that they would be covered by warranty: new 4-bolt motor covers (supposedly better fitting and stronger), a revised rear suspension link (to reduced the chances of pebbles being caught against the seat tube), and a new rear pivot protection kit (to keep stuff from getting into the gap in the motor housing). I hadn’t seen the new pivot protection hardware so I’ve attached a screenshot showing the part numbers and a photo of it installed (below).

Levo Pivot Kit3.jpg

The inside of the motor housing on my bike was clean except for some dust, likely due to having the v.1 sponge installed together with the crude helicopter mud flap I fashioned to cover the gap:

Levo flap.jpg

The new protection kit uses a v.2 sponge with denser foam and plastic parts that clip onto the frame and swingarm to fill the gap. Here’s what it looks like when installed, (mud flap is taped up to show the clips). It covers the gap while allowing the swing arm to move over it - tight ‘n tidy!

Levo Kit.jpg

Props to both @Al Boneta and Specialized!

BTW, a very sharp looking Monster Green 2019 Expert Levo (size Large) sitting on the floor caught my eye, so if anyone is looking for one...

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2018
Newcastle
Wanted to give a “shout out” to @Al Boneta at Orange Cycle here in Southern California. I purchased a 2018 Levo there December ’17 and bought a 2019 Levo in January this year to accommodate the new 700Wh battery. Both bikes have performed without a hiccup likely due at least in part to Al’s service skills.

Al contacted me this week to let me know he had some upgrades for the 2019 model that I might like and that they would be covered by warranty: new 4-bolt motor covers (supposedly better fitting and stronger), a revised rear suspension link (to reduced the chances of pebbles being caught against the seat tube), and a new rear pivot protection kit (to keep stuff from getting into the gap in the motor housing). I hadn’t seen the new pivot protection hardware so I’ve attached a screenshot showing the part numbers and a photo of it installed (below).

View attachment 13047

The inside of the motor housing on my bike was clean except for some dust, likely due to having the v.1 sponge installed together with the crude helicopter mud flap I fashioned to cover the gap:

View attachment 13048

The new protection kit uses a v.2 sponge with denser foam and plastic parts that clip onto the frame and swingarm to fill the gap. Here’s what it looks like when installed, (mud flap is taped up to show the clips). It covers the gap while allowing the swing arm to move over it - tight ‘n tidy!

View attachment 13049

BTW, a very sharp looking Monster Green 2019 Expert Levo (size Large) sitting on the floor caught my eye, so if anyone is looking for one...
Anyone know if the upgrades are coming to the UK?

Apples

Oct 27, 2018
Wiltshire
I may take mine in for a 500 odd mile / 800 km service maybe in a few weeks and will ask then about anything new after a few checks .

Maybe pads / chain ! about 50 mile road the other 450 miles in off road muddy , wet conditions must have taken its toll

Last edited:

goldo

Apr 19, 2019
atlanta
Does anyone know if you can modify the forks on the Comp, ( Revelation RC)? My dealer says no but why can't the internals be changed? Or if you know someone with a set of Fox 36's I'd be interested

khorn

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Does it matter if it's a 2019? It has a damper rod already

If it already has the Charger 2/Debonair installed then it is not a Revelation but a Pike fork - I don’t think so.

That’s the only difference between Pike and Revelation forks.

Karsten

atcspaul

Dec 28, 2018
Portage, Michigan

View attachment 13047

View attachment 13048

View attachment 13049

thank you for this, My shop is ordering in the parts for me :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles