2019-2020 Levo (2020 Kenevo) Speed Unlock Levociraptor

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Can you supply a bit more detail please?

Does it completely remove the 25kmh restriction to give you a top speed of what ever your gearing and leg power will give you or does it just halve the speed sensor info being sent to give you up to around 37.5kmh of assistance before cut off?

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Trailwatts has been commissioned to launch and support the new TCU Module designed and built in Italy for the removal of speed restriction on the 2019 Levo.

Check it out at :
Levociraptor

Pre-orders are £99.99 delivered worldwide.
Thereafter will be £129.99 delivered worldwide.

Many thanks

Looks like a very nice alternative to overrule the Levo 2019 speed limitation by adding a simple additional electric circuit board which can be mounted out of sight behind the top TCU.

There are very clever people in this world. ?

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
there are clever people in the world, but mainly dumb F*ckers who would do 86Kph or 54 MPH on a mountain bike not designed and built to not fall apart at that speed. You just know these guys will get Ebikes banned in the UK don't you.

I wonder what the range would be :).

De-restricting your bike to raise limit to 20-25mph will be sufficient for most who are fit and ride manual bikes.
Just because there is a maximum I think you would need to be World XC fitness to get that speed and I wouldn’t like to try.

Rich-Baillon

Jul 19, 2019
UK
De-restricting your bike to raise limit to 20-25mph will be sufficient for most who are fit and ride manual bikes.
Just because there is a maximum I think you would need to be World XC fitness to get that speed and I wouldn’t like to try.
hopefully but I fear many will totally abuse and the bikes will be banned or licensed and insured.

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
hopefully but I fear many will totally abuse and the bikes will be banned or licensed and insured.

I understand your view and I accept that this may be a possibility in the future or after a serious accident.
Personally I can ride above the restriction speed on a normal mountain bike which made the Levo and other brands a serious letdown with the resistance and surging.

I enjoy not thinking about what speed I’m doing and share the trails with everyone so mutual respect is granted.
To chase high speeds people need to see what road cyclists can do with pedal power let alone a Specialized Creo.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
....and I can do 30mph downhill without even pedalling but speed is not the issue. The issue is the encouragement and ability to increase the assisted speed of a pedelec which everyone knows will not be restricted to private land use and in the process undermining all the work that was done to secure a class of e bike that requirrd no type approval no tax no insurance no licence.

Rich-Baillon

Jul 19, 2019
UK
I understand your view and I accept that this may be a possibility in the future or after a serious accident.
Personally I can ride above the restriction speed on a normal mountain bike which made the Levo and other brands a serious letdown with the resistance and surging.

I enjoy not thinking about what speed I’m doing and share the trails with everyone so mutual respect is granted.
To chase high speeds people need to see what road cyclists can do with pedal power let alone a Specialized Creo.
True on the speed and I too love the 30mph plus down a trail rides but as you say you can handle these speeds and make sure you aren't endangering anybody else. Admitted at times the 15mph limit is a pain but always have the option to turn the battery off for downhill runs, enjoy :)

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
there are clever people in the world, but mainly dumb F*ckers who would do 86Kph or 54 MPH on a mountain bike not designed and built to not fall apart at that speed. You just know these guys will get Ebikes banned in the UK don't you.

I wonder what the range would be :).

I must add that I have small children as well. So 86km/h on a bike I also would find a crazy speed (not even sure if someone is really able to reach that) but anyway. I must say too that the 25km/h speed limit in Europe is too slow at least for my feeling.

The ideal speed limit from my perspective would be 30/32km/h like the US speed limit which one can easily reach on a non-assisted bike too.

A bike needs to stay a bike. Although I really like to see how inventive people are by offering workarounds like the LSS, Planet 3, and Levociraptor I will keep my bike original. By just tweaking the wheel circumference slightly to 2000mm the cutoff speed is now at 28/29km/h which makes a massive difference in my ride feeling and enjoyment.

DanDilla

Jun 11, 2018
Germany
really nice product, the 25km/h restricticion seems just a bit to low.
I got a 18 so I was able to derestrict via software and got the dial at 50 - just because it mskes the total km on the battery just half the really done km.
An guess what - I‘m not riding 50 all the time, rarely over 35 when boosting over tarmac to the trails.

Not in the city, where most of the time 25 would be enough. Everything else is just to dangerous and suicidal, most of the car drivers don’t even think you’re traveling 25.
Also This is not a commuting bike

And if you just want to make high speed rides, even with a 38t chainring And 150cranks - overn40km/h is just a pain as you need to pedal pretty hard while holding a really high cadence.
over 50 is definetly not manageable over a long time period if you’re not also able to push a Motorless (Mountain) Bike regularly on that speed.

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
Yes with respect, the proposition that the availability of fast e-bikes or performance tuning will undermine hard earned freedoms:

i.e. 250W / 25 km/h, no throttle above 6 km/h in other words no throttle

- is not a valid fear in my opinion. There are dozens of s-pedelecs, r-pedelecs, eXmtbs, whatever you want to call them, available as well as high power kits so I don’t see the logic. Legislation & enforcement always lags behind technology so expect location based speed limitation in progressive jurisdictions the near future. That makes far more sense.

Very nice work with the Levociraptor (y)

Stompweaver

Jan 20, 2018
Stafford
Oh and there’s little chance that bikes will be banned despite all the doom mongering here. The idiots that could, in theory, ride around flat out won’t be spending thousands on a nice ebike they’ll already ready be riding cheap Chinese stuff with no limitations or on quads bought on eBay for a few hundred pounds.

Another nice product from @TrailwattsUK (y)

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
@TrailwattsUK how waterproof is the unit? I’d be concerned that the dial would allow moisture into the unit. You know what the UK winter is like, well and the summer!

The way it is mounted under the tcu should prevent ingress of water. 1 year warranty. Option to have it preset and fully sealed available on order.

Aug 9, 2019
Sheffield
Not bothered about this kit as i dereistricted my Levo 2019 via lightblue etc...
But... with the restiction lifted i cannot peddle past 32mph, the rpm of my legs is just too fast throwing my legs into oblivion! It is not comfortable trying to keep that pace due to the rpm, sure i could up my chainring but its just not needed.
The main issue is the diy builds with push button power!

Stompweaver

Jan 20, 2018
Stafford
The way it is mounted under the tcu should prevent ingress of water. 1 year warranty. Option to have it preset and fully sealed available on order.
I’ll be ordering a new Kenevo when they are released and I’ll purchase one for it as it’s very likely it’ll be running the same battery/motor as the Levo.
I did think a dab of silicon on the dial would seal the dial.
@TrailwattsUK when you say preset and fully sealed does that mean there will be no dial on the unit or that it will be there but covered by heat shrink?

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
I’ll be ordering a new Kenevo when they are released and I’ll purchase one for it as it’s very likely it’ll be running the same battery/motor as the Levo.
I did think a dab of silicon on the dial would seal the dial.
@TrailwattsUK when you say preset and fully sealed does that mean there will be no dial on the unit or that it will be there but covered by heat shrink?

The dial is part of the pcb circuitry so must be present.
Heatshrink unit but a dab of clear silicone can be used on the dial outer surface to prevent ingress.

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
Just ordered one so fingers crossed it's all good!
Many thanks.
Customer support is most vital for all products and confidence.
As I have personally been testing this and assisting manufacturing finish I am confident in the module and it’s function.

New products and the world of ebikes is ever growing. Trailwatts, Archer components, Levociraptor, Sicomtb products, SDG, FJM custom stands and Rovere Compositi Carbon all started by individuals and grow through customer relationships and support.

Building a network of businesses and customers helps keep the momentum for ebikes.

AdamDuckworth

Mar 3, 2019
Northamptonshire, UK
Many thanks.
Customer support is most vital for all products and confidence.
As I have personally been testing this and assisting manufacturing finish I am confident in the module and it’s function.

New products and the world of ebikes is ever growing. Trailwatts, Archer components, Levociraptor, Sicomtb products, SDG, FJM custom stands and Rovere Compositi Carbon all started by individuals and grow through customer relationships and support.

Building a network of businesses and customers helps keep the momentum for ebikes.
Already have a shock spring and mudguard from Sicomtb, a FJM Custom stand and now a Levociaptor ordered. Supporting the people who make cool products for ebikes!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles