19 Levo Motor housing...HELP

Marf83

May 7, 2019
Derby
Hi Guys,

I would really appreciate some help.

My bike is currently at Leisure Lakes having a service & a few changes.

I have read a bit about the upgrades Spesh has released to be done on warranty.

My LBS have (after a lot of arguments/discussion...they really didn’t seem to want to do anything for me) spoken to Specialized & have agreed to send out:

1) The foam insert
2) Links for the rear triangle to help prevent stones being caught.

They have said that I don’t need the new cable & Specialized don’t know anything about the new motor housing.

My main concern is it feels like they are being less than honest about it all & my current motor housing doesn’t fit very well & I have duck taped it up.

Has anyone got a picture of the 4 point motor housing? As one of the other people at the LBS have said that I already have the new housing, but it doesn’t have 4 securing points.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Colin-T-Woods

Jun 15, 2019
North Shropshire
Photo of four point motor housing. Hope it helps

4D2E04A6-3A70-44C6-BA44-ACF646B53F3C.jpeg

phlodge

Jul 2, 2019
UK
Recently picked my 2019 Levo up from Leisure Lakes after a service, they were supposed to fit the foam plastic thingy near the linkage but didn’t order it in. They have ordered it now and will let me know when it’s in store

Several of the bikes on sale had them fitted, so they are aware and it’s FOC. Specialized apparently need to know the serial number of the bike in order to provide the thingy.

Not heard about any cable issues of requirements

Marf83

May 7, 2019
Derby
Recently picked my 2019 Levo up from Leisure Lakes after a service, they were supposed to fit the foam plastic thingy near the linkage but didn’t order it in. They have ordered it now and will let me know when it’s in store

Several of the bikes on sale had them fitted, so they are aware and it’s FOC. Specialized apparently need to know the serial number of the bike in order to provide the thingy.

Not heard about any cable issues of requirements

Seems like they’ve been a bit slack for both of us then. Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles