̷T̷r̷e̷k̷ ̷R̷a̷i̷l̷ ̷7̷ ̷2̷2̷'̷ ̷o̷r̷ ̷T̷r̷e̷k̷ ̷R̷a̷i̷l̷ ̷9̷ ̷2̷2̷'̷ ̷ - Rail 9 22' beans Build Thread

Tartam

Mar 30, 2022
Norway
Small update, the Rail is going great at the moment.

Installed some Galfer FD455 E-Bike specific pads which are a lot better than the stock pads.

View attachment 86616

I also rode some local trails today and unfortunately dinged the rear rim, I think if I were not running CC it would be a lot worse. Rim is still true along with spoke tension and air holding.

15 PSI in the rear was probably too low for the rocky conditions, I have upped the rear to 25 and will see how that goes.

I’ll look into the DT Swiss Hybrid line and see what’s suitable but for the time being I think she’ll be right.

What pressures are people running with CC ?

View attachment 86614 View attachment 86615
I highly recommend this brake pads, extreme power/very progressive even with Code 😊👍

Last edited:

davosaurusrex

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 21, 2018
Worthing
Small update, the Rail is going great at the moment.

Installed some Galfer FD455 E-Bike specific pads which are a lot better than the stock pads.

I also rode some local trails today and unfortunately dinged the rear rim, I think if I were not running CC it would be a lot worse. Rim is still true along with spoke tension and air holding.

15 PSI in the rear was probably too low for the rocky conditions, I have upped the rear to 25 and will see how that goes.

I’ll look into the DT Swiss Hybrid line and see what’s suitable but for the time being I think she’ll be right.

What pressures are people running with CC ?

I have a DT Swiss rear HX1501 and front H1900 waiting to go on mine when it arrives. Will either sell the Bontragers on or put slicks on them (that I will likely never use)

Mr_Price

Feb 27, 2021
North Vancouver
I run 18psi with CC in the back. Went down 1psi at a time to find the sweet spot. I ended going up to 19/20 in the front. 18 and lower became very squirrelly.

dixie600mhz

Oct 13, 2020
Austin, Texas
16psi front and 19psi rear for loose trails. I weigh 195 lbs. If I move up from those pressures the bike feels skittish. It squirms on concrete though at such low pressures but they work perfect on single track.

beans

Feb 24, 2022
Australia
I have a DT Swiss rear HX1501 and front H1900 waiting to go on mine when it arrives. Will either sell the Bontragers on or put slicks on them (that I will likely never use)

Ideally I would grab a HX1501 rear, but can't justify it currently. I'm considering buying a HX531 and lacing that up to the current hardware, depending on how this holds up.

Price difference would be 877.50 AUD (HX1501) compared to 272.72 AUD + 90 AUD (lacing) = 362.72 AUD (HX531 + Brass Nips).

Keen to see your Rail when you get it @davosaurusrex 🤘

beans

Feb 24, 2022
Australia
I highly recommend this brake pads, extreme power/very progressive even with Code 😊👍

I actually tried sourcing them in Australia and could not find any here. I'll see how these Galfer pads go and if they ain't it then I'll definitely order some MTX Golds internationally.

Tartam

Mar 30, 2022
Norway
I actually tried sourcing them in Australia and could not find any here. I'll see how these Galfer pads go and if they ain't it then I'll definitely order some MTX Golds internationally.
I buy directly from them/MTX, they ship worldwide, we don't have any here in Norway either who sells them.

davosaurusrex

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 21, 2018
Worthing
Ideally I would grab a HX1501 rear, but can't justify it currently. I'm considering buying a HX531 and lacing that up to the current hardware, depending on how this holds up.

Price difference would be 877.50 AUD (HX1501) compared to 272.72 AUD + 90 AUD (lacing) = 362.72 AUD (HX531 + Brass Nips).

Keen to see your Rail when you get it @davosaurusrex 🤘

Think they are cheaper over there then! I bought a near new used rear for £300 and £80 for the used front H1900. Mismatched wheels on a new bike, the horror! I have covered up most of the graphics on the 1501 with matt black vinyl though.

Have you weighed yours @beans ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles