Öhlins Setup Calculator - Disappeared?

Christurbo

Subscriber
Jul 11, 2023
North Wales
Hi,

Can anyone else find this? I have used it quite a lot over the years. It seems to have gone?

Anyone have the link?

Thanks

Chris

Koban

Oct 15, 2023
Germany
Setup calculator for ?
* rear suspension (air or coil shock)
* fork ?

I did found my information in the user guide hout to setup my coil shock (TTX22M2). Only thing I need to figure out is the right spring rate for my desired sag..

Christurbo

Subscriber
Jul 11, 2023
North Wales
Setup calculator for ?
* fork ?

I did found my information in the user guide hout to setup my coil shock (TTX22M2). Only thing I need to figure out is the right spring rate for my desired sag..
There used to be a calculator where you selected your bike, the fork and shock you have, weight, sag preference, etc etc and then it came up with variables for the air pressure, ramp up pressure, compression and rebound. It was great for getting a baseline to work from.

deksawyer

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jan 11, 2020
Fife, Scotland
There is something similar on their website, but it's a pain to find and share....not sure if it's what you're looking for.

Screenshot 2023-12-01 at 15.07.49.png

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
Setup calculator for ?
* fork ?

Setting up ohlins air forks is quite involved because they have the main chamber at the top and ramp chamber at the bottom (instead of the volume spacers on most forks). I found the calculator got me somewhere near and then it needed a week of experimenting

Christurbo

Subscriber
Jul 11, 2023
North Wales
Setting up ohlins air forks is quite involved because they have the main chamber at the top and ramp chamber at the bottom (instead of the volume spacers on most forks). I found the calculator got me somewhere near and then it needed a week of experimenting
This … I’ve had many Öhlins forks and this was my protocol. Always got them dialled in pretty quickly after applying the base settings. Öhlins really have nailed it in my opinion with their calcs. Just seems bizarre they removed it. Maybe they are upgrading their CMS/Webiste etc ?

Reactions: Dax

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
This … I’ve had many Öhlins forks and this was my protocol. Always got them dialled in pretty quickly after applying the base settings. Öhlins really have nailed it in my opinion with their calcs. Just seems bizarre they removed it. Maybe they are upgrading their CMS/Webiste etc ?

Fwiw I think it’s totally worth the effort and service intervals for the performance, there’s no question the Ohlins are the best fork I’ve ridden and the ramp tune gives you so much flexibility for tuning the fork to the hill.

Christurbo

Subscriber
Jul 11, 2023
North Wales
Fwiw I think it’s totally worth the effort and service intervals for the performance, there’s no question the Ohlins are the best fork I’ve ridden and the ramp tune gives you so much flexibility for tuning the fork to the hill.
Agreed. Also they are silent unlike others ….. 😉

Reactions: Dax

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles