Where are you riding this weekend?

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Afternoon. There’s plenty of talk on this forum about tyres, suspension set up, battery range, motors etc but not a lot of discussions about actual riding. Thought we could start a thread just stating where we’re off to. It’ll be interesting to see where people ride across the globe and might act as an inspiration to get out on the saddle and provide a resource of riding locations

Anyway, I’ll start …

Saturday - Yearsley Woods
Sunday - Dalby Forest

North Yorkshire, UK

B1rdie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
Those are not too far from Manchester. I will be there for three weeks starting april 25, hope this thread lives on so I can meet some of you guys on a ride.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Friday 25.3.22
The Street ..Cheviot Hills, Northumberland / Scottish Border.9.30 am start at Barrowburn Car Park , Upper Coquet Valley .
Saturday 26.3.22
A ride out of Whitley Chapel on moorland singletrack over towards Allendale , Northumberland ..mixed mtb / emtb ride ...
10.30am start Whitley Chapel ..

thebarber

E*POWAH Elite
May 28, 2018
Norfeast
Friday 25.3.22
The Street ..Cheviot Hills, Northumberland / Scottish Border.9.30 am start at Barrowburn Car Park , Upper Coquet Valley .
Saturday 26.3.22
A ride out of Whitley Chapel on moorland singletrack over towards Allendale , Northumberland ..mixed mtb / emtb ride ...
10.30am start Whitley Chapel ..
Whitley Chapel used to be a byway didn't it?

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Whitley Chapel used to be a byway didn't it?
Not that I'm aware of mate ..
It's just a starting point to meet up on Saturday ..we have a bit of a climb up to High Eshells to start the ride..then use three separate bridleways to cross over and back ..then back on the one we took out ..its not really a hard ride with the climb out of Whitley Chapel on the road the steepest of the day ..
I rode it on Monday by myself just to see how it was bearing up as it had been a few years ...

thebarber

E*POWAH Elite
May 28, 2018
Norfeast
Yeah, Whitley Chapel used t link up to moorhouse gate.

Screenshot_20220324-184928_Outdooractive.jpg

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Not that I'm aware of mate ..
It's just a starting point to meet up on Saturday ..we have a bit of a climb up to High Eshells to start the ride..then use three separate bridleways to cross over and back ..then back on the one we took out ..its not really a hard ride with the climb out of Whitley Chapel on the road the steepest of the day ..
I rode it on Monday by myself just to see how it was bearing up as it had been a few years ...

The Corbridge Larder (cafe / deli) does some fantastic grub and the tastiest pork pies I’ve ever had 👍🏻

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Good thread G. but you could've put a little more effort in to the actual "discussion" part.

Anyway, I’ll start …

Saturday - Yearsley Woods
Sunday - Dalby Forest
😂😂

Thornilee on Sat
Post back what sort of state the place is in. I love Thornie. but haven't been in ages. Since well before the last big storms.

Not sure I'll be riding this weekend at all. more likely to be getting on the beers tomorrow night after this weeks 140 mile commute

Mike C

Jan 23, 2020
Ramona, CA
Mt. Laguna in San Diego County mountains. Lots of single track and as much climbing as you want. Ride starts at 5600' elevation. Starting at Penny Pines heading down Nobel Canyon before climbing back up to the meadow to many ravines. Up and down the entire ride.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Good thread G. but you could've put a little more effort in to the actual "discussion" part.

😂😂

I

I was keeping it simple to encourage others to participate 😬 Just for you though Gary I’ll put some effort in

We like to session trails rather than long mileage rides at present. Yearsley is running great, Pirate Radio, Hootanni, Adrenaline Shot. Slippery Badger is perfect grippy dense loam with a ramp built mid point for some airtime fun. Covid-19 is running ok until the boardwalk then it’s sloppy rutted hell

Heading to the old quarry area at Dalby for steep chutes, drops & jumps and the off piste such as Lewis

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
So much riding in UK it's amazing . I think I've been a lot of places in Scotland but just scratching the surface really. Only place mentioned here I've been was Coed Brenen ? 20 years ago red bull trail and Karrimore trail everything was new then, to me anyway. A Marin Mount Vision haha. Not forgetting the rest of the world get out there.

militantmandy

Jan 18, 2022
Tweed Valley, Scotland

😂😂

Post back what sort of state the place is in. I love Thornie. but haven't been in ages. Since well before the last big storms.

Not sure I'll be riding this weekend at all. more likely to be getting on the beers tomorrow night after this weeks 140 mile commute

Despite Trailforks showing some as closed, I think everything on the bottom half of the hill is running. Not sure about the top half, although I believe Bricktop is ok. Definitely enough running to make it worth the visit.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
I'm waiting on wheel for levo get it this afternoon. I will have to slum it today with a road run on a Dawes Super Galaxy.

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Probably do Jubilee Tower/Darwen Hill tomorrow with my good lady and Sunday I get a free pass and will probably head up to Gisburn as it has been quite dry for a week!

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Probably do Jubilee Tower/Darwen Hill tomorrow with my good lady and Sunday I get a free pass and will probably head up to Gisburn as it has been quite dry for a week!

You should try Stainburn one weekend Tony, think you’d enjoy the challenge:

St4nley

Subscriber
Nov 17, 2020
Derbyshire
Coniston… Thursday, Friday & Saturday, rocks & slate, nice & dry, odd damp patch, tree’s down in places, it’s better now the wind has died down.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland

Looks brilliant that . I haven't ridden much man made on ebike . Did loads on ordinary bike . Bla

Looks the business that . I haven't done many man-made trails since I got the Ebike only Golspie. Did loads on manual bike. Need to get some in . Love Yorkshire by the way and wife does

so I'm half way there.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Looks brilliant that . I haven't ridden much man made on ebike . Did loads on ordinary bike . Bla

Looks the business that . I haven't done many man-made trails since I got the Ebike only Golspie. Did loads on manual bike. Need to get some in . Love Yorkshire by the way and wife does

so I'm half way there.

Stainburn’s great. The red & black are like training loops with loads of features to session. Only short in distance but plenty to keep occupied

loads of off piste over the road too

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles