What's the go to rear mudguard for the Levo?

Max-E

Apr 30, 2019
UK
Thinking compact, unobtrusive, neat - but mainly to shield the motor, linkages etc?

Mountie

Apr 29, 2018
Canada
I use this it helps
EC73988E-F9AC-4F6F-8670-AD0092E209AC.jpeg

Max-E

Apr 30, 2019
UK
Yep, that's nuts. TBH cheaper the better and whatever will fit with a little fettling then I'd be happy with - it's only a plastic blooming mud shield! :) Happy to wait on @Mountie as the Muckywhatsits look a bit better value.

Andy A

Patreon
Jan 13, 2019
North Yorkshire
Yep, that's nuts. TBH cheaper the better and whatever will fit with a little fettling then I'd be happy with - it's only a plastic blooming mud shield! :) Happy to wait on @Mountie as the Muckywhatsits look a bit better value.

Totally agree with you there that other guard is just a daft price, I will order two of the mini front fenders today as I am convinced that's what it is.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Looks similar to the Enduro mudguard which may fit and is available in most lbs
....just checked and yes it does fit bu the gap between the tyre and frame/suspension is very narrow and I reckon anything put in there could clog up. Something between the seat post and the suspension bar may be a better bet. I will probably make my own. Its simple to do by starting off making templates with thin card then when it is right use that to cut the guard using a suitable empty 5 litre container. Drill holes for zip tie fixings....paint plus stickers as required...job done.

Andy A

Patreon
Jan 13, 2019
North Yorkshire
Sicomtbproducts on this one. View attachment 13912

Wow same colour bike as mine :) how well does this one work as I would have to buy 2 of them and at £110 they need to be amazing :) it does look good and after riding the weekend before last on a slightly muddy field that area is just like a shelf so we need something! But £55 each CRIKEY!!!!!

Last edited:

Max-E

Apr 30, 2019
UK
The amount of Levos Specialized sell they should throw one of these in the box with every bike to be dealer fitted. Probably cost them literally a few cents each but maybe a lot more in potential warranty costs saved. ;)

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Oh wow that's great and I agree £50 + is just daft money
actually looking at it again I don't think that awkward to shape bottom piece is necessary but looking at Mountie's pic of the Muck Nutz fender fitted I think the tyre could still throw up a lot of mud over the top of it so I think I will make one similar to the Mucky Nutz or Enduro ( which look pretty much the same) but longer so it extends further up towards the saddle so it finishes just a bout level with the top of the tyre circumference. It may require a couple of darts (dressmaking talk!) to create a bend that more closely follows the tyre rather than sticking straight up. Overlap the darts and bond with superglue or araldite

Andy A

Patreon
Jan 13, 2019
North Yorkshire
actually looking at it again I don't think that awkward to shape bottom piece is necessary but looking at Mountie's pic of the Muck Nutz fender fitted I think the tyre could still throw up a lot of mud over the top of it so I think I will make one similar to the Mucky Nutz or Enduro ( which look pretty much the same) but longer so it extends further up towards the saddle so it finishes just a bout level with the top of the tyre circumference. It may require a couple of darts (dressmaking talk!) to create a bend that more closely follows the tyre rather than sticking straight up. Overlap the darts and bond with superglue or araldite

I think I will buy one of the mini mucky nutz to see how it is as at £8.00 that is worth the punt and if it's good I will get one for Linda as well :) as I don't think the mucky nutz will be far off!

Charlietcat

Apr 17, 2019
North East UK
Wow same colour bike as mine :) how well does this one work as I would have to buy 2 of them and at £110 they need to be amazing :) it does look good and after riding the weekend before last on a slightly muddy field that area is just like a shelf so we need something! But £55 each CRIKEY!!!!!
I was out in the muddy stuff yesterday & it worked really well however, got this as a birthday gift & probably would not invested in it otherwise.

Jeff H

May 19, 2019
San Jose, CA, USA
Hi all. New member here after lurking for a while. I've demoed/lusted after the Turbo Levo for the last couple of years and finally picked up a 2019 Comp about 2 weeks ago. So far loving it! What an amazing ride.

Like others I’m concerned about gunk getting inside the motor housing cover and the suspension pivots during the occasional mud slog or stream crossing, not so much for rider protection. FYI, mine does have the foam baffle.

After seeing what others have done I came up with this for starters. The local shops carry Muckynutz fenders so I grabbed a couple of different models for the fork and went to town. The lower is a Face Fender XL which I used due to the existing slots lining up close enough that I didn’t need to punch new holes (it’s backwards from normal direction). I trimmed the bottom where it extended below the motor and notched it for chain clearance. The upper is a standard Face Fender and again the slots were close enough. Since the seat and chain stays move independently the fenders do the same but stay overlapped through full suspension travel and don’t rub on anything. For now I left the zip ties long for tightening if necessary. Time will tell how well it does the job but I'll probably need to make some adjustments after more miles. I do like the design of that SicoMTB DualGuard. :unsure:

IMG_1607.JPG

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles