Small rear mudguard for 2019 Levo

Mountie

Apr 29, 2018
Canada
Hi all - recommendations anyone?

I run just a cheap normal mudguard does ok but not perfect. This bike is Levo 3 Expert Carbon
image.jpg

Last edited:

vannibombonato

Sep 14, 2018
italy
Has any of you actually tried one of the solutions on a muddy trail?

As the space between mudguard and wheel is ultra tight, I am worried mud might get clogged and create friction/drag.
I have fitted a mudguard similar to the above pics, but there is really ultra little space I’m not sure it will work
Thanks.

Mountie

Apr 29, 2018
Canada
The small setup works but doesn’t keep everything out I’m actually thinking about getting a hard plastic gaurd and modifying it like the mudhugger but i can’t find any.

Mountie

Apr 29, 2018
Canada
I picked up some scratches around the front of the swing arm on my first couple of rides. Put the little mudguard upside down did another 500kms in difficult conditions with no extra damage,

Gordon

Oct 18, 2018
Porto Portugal
I don't like a wet ass and mud in my face so I bought a pair of fatbike Mudhuggers for my Turbo Levo running 27.5 x 2.8 Butcher tires. The Mudhugger I had to put an extension on the rear guard to make it work over 20kph, since the draft behind me would suck water right onto my ass. I now get home with my backside clean and dry. I use the front mudguard all year long to keep sand and gravel our of my face. The rear guard is effective, but it make the bike look like a motorcycle, so I use it only in wet conditions. Takes about 5 minutes to mount with 6 quick ties. Made of high quality plastic, they seem to be indestructible. Best mudguards I've ever used, and I've tried them all over the years.
Rear Mudhugger 29er

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles