What size E150 2021

fitmac

Jan 4, 2021
Hindon
Finally decided on my next bike and first emtb. Whyte e150 29er (S or RS)
But at 190 cm (6’3”) I seem to be on the cusp of L or XL. Actually sizing guide points to XL but can’t find one in stock so wondering if I can risk an L?

Im 60, fairly fit but more likely to ride open trails than lots of twisty stuff.
Any thoughts from those who actually ride Whyte gratefully received.

Healy

Oct 4, 2020
Forest of dean
I’m waiting for a e180 which has finally got to the uk. The shop lends me a demo most weekends. I have had the 150 a few time and it rides lovely. Very capable bike

Rossy75

Sep 13, 2020
Martinross271175
Evening Fitmac, I took delivery of an e150s XL last month, I was also in-between sizes at 6'2" with a 34" leg. I ride with the dropper at full extension but on its lowest position in the frame. Its a big bike with the 29" wheels but the low centre of gravity makes it very responsive.
Could I have got away with the L......probably but im more than happy with the XL and plan to keep it for a while. Good luck with your purchase. If you are ever in the NE of Scotland you can have a shot ?

fitmac

Jan 4, 2021
Hindon
Evening Fitmac, I took delivery of an e150s XL last month, I was also in-between sizes at 6'2" with a 34" leg. I ride with the dropper at full extension but on its lowest position in the frame. Its a big bike with the 29" wheels but the low centre of gravity makes it very responsive.
Could I have got away with the L......probably but im more than happy with the XL and plan to keep it for a while. Good luck with your purchase. If you are ever in the NE of Scotland you can have a shot ?
[/QuUOTE]
Very helpful. I think an L is a risk and definitely not wise given the riding I do. Have now discovered Whyte stock for 2021 is basically gone with no more to come. So I’ve put a deposit on a 2022 E 150 RS XL ( assuming models stay roughly the same). Apparently the 2022 may be released earlier this year than usual after the problems/shortages re Covid.
Enjoy your bike which looks an absolute stunner and reviews are awesome.?

Rik08

Jan 9, 2021
Leamington
Finally decided on my next bike and first emtb. Whyte e150 29er (S or RS)
But at 190 cm (6’3”) I seem to be on the cusp of L or XL. Actually sizing guide points to XL but can’t find one in stock so wondering if I can risk an L?

Im 60, fairly fit but more likely to ride open trails than lots of twisty stuff.
Any thoughts from those who actually ride Whyte gratefully received.

hi fitmac,
just taken delivery of my E150rs 29er, I went medium as I’m 5’9” and have always ridden medium.
I think the bike is a large medium ! It certainly feels bigger than my medium specialized mtb..
I went for RS because of better spec
hope this helps
Rik

fitmac

Jan 4, 2021
Hindon
hi fitmac,
just taken delivery of my E150rs 29er, I went medium as I’m 5’9” and have always ridden medium.
I think the bike is a large medium ! It certainly feels bigger than my medium specialized mtb..
I went for RS because of better spec
hope this helps
Rik
Very helpful thanks Rik. Exactly what I was looking for and suspected. Looking at geometry suggests Whyte is more stretched out than most. Even so I’m pretty sure it’s the XL for me as I’m a lanky long-armed freak.
?

Mikehorti

Subscriber
Apr 29, 2021
Surrey
Very helpful thanks Rik. Exactly what I was looking for and suspected. Looking at geometry suggests Whyte is more stretched out than most. Even so I’m pretty sure it’s the XL for me as I’m a lanky long-armed freak.
?
I’m 5’11 and got a large 150rs, which is AWESOME! I’m not lanky and the reach is a little stretched for me (off the shelf) but the bike gives so much confidence that I’ve not bothered tinkering yet. I could possibly go a little higher with the seat post for climbing but it’s marginal given the added benefit of ⚡️Based on my experience/size, the large will be too small for you

Penttithefinn

Feb 3, 2021
Suffolk
Like Mikehorti, I was 5'11 when I was younger, but like most have shrunk with age, and at 5' 10 now am right on the cross over between M and L, and have a 150rs. I have had many muscular skeletal issues, but have the ape index of 1 but with limited flexibility, and have found the Medium to be very near perfect, with the dropper almost in its lowest position in the seat tube. Personally I would suggest that either L or XL might be ok for you but given your usual type of riding you might want a longer stem or a higher rise on the bars if you go for a large.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles