Fuel EXe TREK's new lightweight trail ebike

Esef

Dec 29, 2021
Czech Republic
Hi,

I just saw a post on IG from our local TREK distribution, here in Czech Republic, that on 12th of July there will be a press release about new lightweight trail ebike

1656723635170.png

saying "new type of electric mountaibike"

1656723682938.png

saying "Begining of the new era, 12th of June 2022". The button for "more info" takes you just to a site where you can join a common newsletter.
1656723651395.png

Dont we know any insights what it might have be? Im happy with quality of my 21 Rail 9, but its just too heavy for my fitness 1 hour rides after work. Something lighter, like Specialized Levo SL / Kenevo SL would be appreciated.

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
Like anything new, I'd wait a year before buying. It might be a more realistic price and more will be known about the bike. For example, the orbea rise seems to have a lot of issues for quite a few people. Again with the rise, they're quite expensive and I imagine most folk who are reasonably serious riders will upgrade their brakes and tyres - I would if I bought it.

Another One

Feb 28, 2022
London / Wakefield
Like anything new, I'd wait a year before buying. It might be a more realistic price and more will be known about the bike. For example, the orbea rise seems to have a lot of issues for quite a few people. Again with the rise, they're quite expensive and I imagine most folk who are reasonably serious riders will upgrade their brakes and tyres - I would if I bought it.
To be fair just only from this site you see most bikes being upgraded even S works I think this is just something riders do.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
There's been a couple of threads on here about it but they've been removed. Presumably there's an embargo.

But basically, think KSL and with a new motor.

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
To be fair just only from this site you see most bikes being upgraded even S works I think this is just something riders do.
For sure, regardless of that though the rise has more than it's fair share of issues. I also think it's not really in the ballpark re tyres and brakes as sold.

Last edited:
May 4, 2018
Canberra
Hi,

I just saw a post on IG from our local TREK distribution, here in Czech Republic, that on 12th of July there will be a press release about new lightweight trail ebike

View attachment 91402
saying "new type of electric mountaibike"

View attachment 91404
saying "Begining of the new era, 12th of June 2022". The button for "more info" takes you just to a site where you can join a common newsletter.
View attachment 91403

Dont we know any insights what it might have be? Im happy with quality of my 21 Rail 9, but its just too heavy for my fitness 1 hour rides after work. Something lighter, like Specialized Levo SL / Kenevo SL would be appreciated.
I agree, rode the rail and everything is great bar the weight thus why i chose orbea h30. I still hve 2 acoustic treks so def not trek bashing.

Cant wait to see the specs. Also trek fraternity here in aus always state treks waranty / customer service is top notch. Looks like another "well done" trek for ebike
development ( though not necessarily the leader )

Keifo H

Dec 20, 2019
Chesterfield
Maybe even Sram motor? Love my Rail 9.8, but it is unnecessarily heavy, all the battery fixing hardware lock etc and battery cover weigh far too much... plus the motor rattle and no doubt the battery makes some noise too, no matter how well its adjusted... I reckon you need the extra full fat power to overcome the extra kg... I wonder wether I should have gone for the Orbea rise sometimes, so am eager to see this new trek... could be just want I need (well, want).

1oldfart

Oct 6, 2019
Outdoors
I can tell you 2 sure things
BUY THAT NEW GREAT BIKE
SELL ALL THE SHIT WE HAVE BEEN SELLING BEFORE
or you can wait to ....
2024 GET THE REAL DEAL ... 2023 WAS SUPER SHITTY

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
TQ is of course best known for it's contribution to the Haibike Flyon. Looks like they downsized it quite a bit which makes sense for how the market has developed.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
In complete contrast to the lightweight bikes, a little birdie told me today that there will be a Nukeproof Giga Watt released to the market soon

flash

Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
They are very pretty… This segment is really starting to look like an accoustic bike. Those motors are really stealthy. It’ll be bikes like this that bring on the eBike as market dominant over normal bikes.

Prices are ludicrous. DOn’t see that changing as long as people are buying them. Just like petrol I think the high prices are here to stay. There’s a big opening for someone to do something around the chinese frames and motors. I see a business model in doing what Rob has done with Cheeb 2.0 adding a grand for the build and selling them on. Bikes like the above are getting close to a house deposit…

Gordon

flash

Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
Not sure about Australia yet but in NZ, Ebikes are far more in demand than normal bikes. It will only move more and more towards electric in the next 5-10 years

It’s the same here. If you can afford it you get an eBike. Annecdotally I’d say 20% of the bikes on my local trails are eMTB’s and that is growing fast. Wish we could do that with electric cars but our governments aren’t serious about EV adoption.

Gordon

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles