The cube stereo and 2.8 tyres ?

Cakey boy

Aug 14, 2018
Hampshire
Was thinking of putting some 2.8 tyres on my stereo Eddie currents in fact, has anyone had any real life experience with these tyres or width ? Would the rear fit ?

nicklej

Patreon
Oct 11, 2018
Camberley
The Cube Stereo 160 I tested at the NEC had 2.8" tyres on it. It has boost spacing so should have room for up to a 3" tyre too mate :) No experience with the Eddie currents though...

Mad Mark

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Nov 2, 2018
Burton on Trent
Dawnrazor said in another thread that he had fitted a 2.8 on the rear of his action team
Think it was in cube 160 action team thread
I'm sure he said he had no problems, perhaps you could message him see how he's getting on with it
When he posted I'm sure he had not long done it & im sure he put some pictures on.

Cakey boy

Aug 14, 2018
Hampshire
Dawnrazor said in another thread that he had fitted a 2.8 on the rear of his action team
Think it was in cube 160 action team thread
I'm sure he said he had no problems, perhaps you could message him see how he's getting on with it
When he posted I'm sure he had not long done it & im sure he put some pictures on.
cheers mate, just found that ! Looks tight but looks like it would fit, the Eddie currents do look like a great winter tyre !

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
I have the stereo 160 race and have 2.8 tubeless tyres on it. No problems. However it is not that muddy where I ride. The clearance is pretty tight so I could imagine some would have problems.

Cakey boy

Aug 14, 2018
Hampshire
I have the stereo 160 race and have 2.8 tubeless tyres on it. No problems. However it is not that muddy where I ride. The clearance is pretty tight so I could imagine some would have problems.
Thanks for that ! As most of my winter riding is in thick clayey mud I think I’ll stick with the 2.6 that came with it ! ???

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles