Speed cut out question for Vitus E Sommet VR

The Chimpion

Jan 18, 2019
San Antonio Texas
Hello from Texas!
Question: Does anybody know what speed the pedal assistance cuts out for a Vitus E Sommet VR shipped to the U.S.? Essentially I'm asking, will it be shipped set up for compliance to the higher speed allowed in the US, or will it be set to the slower max speed allowed in the UK?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Neither CRC or Wiggle ship to US
all their ebikes will conform to UK legislation

bikerider007

Nov 7, 2018
Norfolk
I'm in the uk and i just went on the website and manage to order to the us of a... so i think you should be ok ...

basketbikelogoicon
Duty Paid on All Bikes*
ALL Customs duties due on bike purchases in the United States will be paid by Chain Reaction Cycles.*This limited time promotional offer will be applied automatically at Checkout, meaning once you’ve completed your order online and paid for postage, it’s a hassle free delivery process right to your door, no delay at Customs or additional charges to worry about!
basketdutylogoicon
No import duty on orders up to $800
Orders over $800 including shipping may be subject to US import duties and carrier admin fees. As we have no control over these, please consult with US customs authorities to confirm associated costs.Your order will be shipped from the United Kingdom but does not include United Kingdom VAT/sales tax.
BasketDeliveryAffirmVan
Shipping Information, please note:
Your order will be shipped from the UK. That’s why we don’t offer next-day delivery.Your order will be shipped fully tracked, from the UK in as little as 2 working days.
BasketDeliveryAffirmVan
Please note:
Your order will be shipped from the UK. That’s why we don’t offer next-day delivery.

maybe send a email on the speed restriction..
although it wont come by air because of the battery... hmmm

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Sorry. maybe they've changed their poilcy now. They def wouldn't ship the 2018 model outside UK/Ireland.

CRC recently changed their shipping policy on Shimano parts to no longer supply the US.
Ask CRC/Wiggle rather than here

bikerider007

Nov 7, 2018
Norfolk
Sorry. maybe they've changed their poilcy now. They def wouldn't ship the 2018 model outside UK/Ireland.

CRC recently changed their shipping policy on Shimano parts to no longer supply the US.
Ask CRC/Wiggle rather than here

Yes maybe a phone call even might have been a glitch in the matrix ... like cathay pacific coc up

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
CRC're a nightmare to try and get on the phone from the UK.
Livechat is the best bet here.
Dunno if that's different from US

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles