Spectral:ON and Neuron:ON with integrated battery - when?

Jopodriver

Feb 24, 2020
Finland
I am in market for new EMTB. I have a Canyon road bike that I like and would like to buy Canyon EMTB.

However, there are indications that the current models seem to be going away and new release will occur soon. The current models have been discounted for months and I would of course like to buy the new model rather than the old one.

Is there any info - unofficial or official - as to when the new models launch?

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
Probably not until MY 2021 when Shimano release their new motor. Sometime from May-June maybe? They will want to have got rid of most of their E8000 motored bikes before that happens I’m sure...

Last edited:

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
they have just released a new Hardtail EMTB with integrated battery so maybe not too long

Jopodriver

Feb 24, 2020
Finland
Probably not until MY 2021 when Shimano release their new motor. I sometime from May-June maybe? They will want to have got rid of most of their E8000 motored bikes before that happens I’m sure...

If they were not about to release new models sooner than that, why would they be blowing their current models out with constant sales?

As far as I know, Spectral:ON and Neuron:ON have been sold at discount prices for several months. Seems they are emptying their stock to make room for something new.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Grand Canyon:ON AL 8.0

9DB548E6-781D-4048-8C5E-CF8051CA8796.jpeg

Jopodriver

Feb 24, 2020
Finland

Yeah, that’s nice but not really in the same market as full suspension bikes. Though it does prove Canyon is starting to do integrated batteries.

Hopefully the full suspension stuff follows soon or I’ll need to buy something else. Even though the current models are certainly fine, they are starting to look outdated compared to other brands..

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
If they were not about to release new models sooner than that, why would they be blowing their current models out with constant sales?

As far as I know, Spectral:ON and Neuron:ON have been sold at discount prices for several months. Seems they are emptying their stock to make room for something new.
We shall see. I suspect the reason they have reduced prices is simply they are selling more slowly with all the new bikes released in recent times. Even if they do release a new bike in the next few months with an integrated battery I don’t expect it to have the new motor.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles