Specialized Turbo Levo 2021

lggc

Jul 23, 2019
Spain
Nuevo engine (turbo Creo) and fsr demo/Enduro . What are your predictions?
Screenshot_20191215-054636_PicsArt.jpg

lggc

Jul 23, 2019
Spain
[QUOTE = "HGmtb, post: 126181, miembro: 2518"] ¿Quizás un salmonete? View attachment 23053 [/CITAR]
METRO
Quizás hermano, pero especializado no tiene salmonete. Creo que Spesh prefiere una mejor escalada y empuje cuesta abajo con una bicicleta de salmonete de 29 contra agilidad y diversión

lggc

Jul 23, 2019
Spain
yo también. Creo que trabajos especializados con un motor Creo para probar con más potencia. También batería nueva más liviana, y batería de botella externa adicional como tiene el Turbo Creo también. Levo sworks 3 kilos less than 2020 ---> 17 kg and more reach and fork travel. The definitive bike

High Rock Ruti

May 13, 2019
Massachusetts
High Rock Ruti

LBS says new 2021 Turbo Levo with creo motor, less torque, smaller battery with range extender option S works is $13500 ish? Supposedly this coming February, wieght in mid to high 30 pound ish?

Sherman

May 9, 2018
3rd Rock
I believe Levo has three year product cycle, which means new model will be out for 2022.

2021 - new colors and spec bumps (or downgrades)

Futurespeed

Apr 9, 2020
Dallas, TX
So, the US Specialized site is down to four Levo models and a frame on their website after some blow-out pricing on various Levo models. It looks like they are liquidating the 2020 Turbo Levo models. Any insight(s) into the frame/motor for the 2021 Turbo Levo?

High Rock Ruti

May 13, 2019
Massachusetts
High Rock Ruti

Love the levo's hate the motor failures.

The S works SL is over 13K, it's crazy expensive. I ride almost everyday and chew up the bikes, I don't ride that well so I'm bashing into stuff constantly, plus bikes are getting so much better so quickly, I can afford them, but I can't justify them. I bought the Rail 9.8 and negotiated from 9600 to 8600 and they threw in the RC2 damper. Got the fancy paint (project one) which I'm "chewing up" quickly. The rail handles slightly better than the 2019 Turbo Levo S works which was fully refunded after the fourth motor failure. Have not sorted out the Rockshox fork and shock yet, but like the Bosch motor, despite having noticeably less torque than the Brose, plus the Rail has a metal skid plate, METAL who would've thought to metal under 250 pounds of bike and rider?

Specialized is fantastic about sending behind the bikes they sell, however they've gotten into bed with Brose, and by the way where the F$%#@ is that Flyon motor with 120 newton meters of torque?

comtn

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2018
Colorado Springs
High Rock Ruti

Love the levo's hate the motor failures.

The S works SL is over 13K, it's crazy expensive. I ride almost everyday and chew up the bikes, I don't ride that well so I'm bashing into stuff constantly, plus bikes are getting so much better so quickly, I can afford them, but I can't justify them. I bought the Rail 9.8 and negotiated from 9600 to 8600 and they threw in the RC2 damper. Got the fancy paint (project one) which I'm "chewing up" quickly. The rail handles slightly better than the 2019 Turbo Levo S works which was fully refunded after the fourth motor failure. Have not sorted out the Rockshox fork and shock yet, but like the Bosch motor, despite having noticeably less torque than the Brose, plus the Rail has a metal skid plate, METAL who would've thought to metal under 250 pounds of bike and rider?

Specialized is fantastic about sending behind the bikes they sell, however they've gotten into bed with Brose, and by the way where the F$%#@ is that Flyon motor with 120 newton meters of torque?

Right, it's in production right next to the 700WH Decoy battery LOL

losgatosgtr

Feb 7, 2020
Los Gatos, California
The new SL is nice but it just can't keep up with the standard Levo with the 90Nm of torque. It was not really designed to do that anyway.

I ride with several full fat Levo riders and a have to put out maximum effort just to hang off the back of the pack while they are cruising along. The SL is also more of a trail bike to be ridden by a fit rider and the current full fat Levo more of an all around all mountain/Enduro type of bike. There is still a place for the SL lower powered trail bike.

I would really like to see a new 2021 Levo with a 48 volt or 52 volt motor and 700 wh battery (or battery range extender option) and slightly longer slacker geometry. Maybe mullet set up like one of the renderings shown above. Basically at least the same power and range of the current full fat Levo but even more capable.

dochabanero

Sep 8, 2019
Sweden
Doubt we’ll see a Turbo Enduro bike with low slung suspension and 170mm travel. Hope I’m wrong though, as it would be a bike in my liking. Maybe when the Kenevo is up for a complete makover...

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
My prediction: it will be overpriced and underspecced. So no change.
Lol I like that people are still expecting more than this. It’s there business model.
Will still be the best bike on the market though as always! .... once upgraded

Jamsxr

E*POWAH Master
Mar 30, 2019
Surrey
Lol I like that people are still expecting more than this. It’s there business model.
Will still be the best bike on the market though as always! .... once upgraded

Everyone has the ‘best’ bike on the market once upgraded ?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
@Christian Specialized are definitely the most thought out and advanced designers of EMTB, still no one puts together as well sorted an overall package from the design, to the integration, controls and app. Sometimes when you are pushing the envelope though you get problems, but at the same time if they hadn't developed the EMTB's they have is suspect the whole market place would still be way behind where we are now.

Bit of Levo love for ya :cool:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles