Specialized touch up

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
@Dlangers I see that you are UK based, so try Halfords car paint touch up. It took me 20 mins or so to find the perfect match for my German Focus. It was a French Peugot colour "Aegean Blue Metallic". I would have found it sooner, but I started looking at German brands first (Porsche, Mercedes, VW, Audi). I have tried this before and I have always got very close, but this time it was spot on! :)

Paint chip 2.jpg

phlodge

Jul 2, 2019
UK
Halfords is the easy option and you may find a near match.
You could try a harder option and possibly get better results .. find a Car Body paint and equipment supplier like Colourtone here in Stockport. They have a Spectrometer which measures the colour, there is science behind it but I didn't listen at school so way above me.
If they can measure the colour then you will get a better match as they would mix the paint to get the match.
Just occurred to me another option is Chips Away or one of the dent removal guys they may be able to suggest something.
Very surprised bike manufacturers don't provide touch up pens.

Dlangers

Jul 7, 2019
Hertfordshire
Cheers for all your replies but I can’t understand how a massive company like specialized can’t supply touch up paints when every motor manufacturer can provides virtually every touch up you could ever want.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Paint cannot be transported by air, because of safety regulations. It is transported by road and sea. For the volumes used by car manufacturers, this is cost effective. For bikes, not so much.

I believe that the bike manufacturers should be mandated to use car paints; then we could all buy our touch up paints from the motor factor. :love:

Dlangers

Jul 7, 2019
Hertfordshire
Yes I agree but when they paint these bikes surely it wouldn’t take much to factor in some extra paint for touch ups.
A bit lazy on the manufactures side of things. ?

mariner

Jun 4, 2019
England
Always been a puzzle to me since I owned a Salsa bike. If you look on their website they point blank refuse upfront to give any details of the paint spec they use. American companies do have a gung ho approach to things like that but they do actually answer email enquiries even if its only to say no.
If a manufacturer using either RAL or Pantone colours all you need is the relevant number and you should be able to find it or at least order some from any supplier.

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
Yes I noticed there were quite a few comments on chips. Some trails around here are serious rock & pebble so I decided on protection, so called “self-healing film ensuring that scrapes, wear & chips simply don’t make it to the factory paint” from Ride Wrap and a moulded bash guard from Rockguardz

Dlangers

Jul 7, 2019
Hertfordshire
I love that kind of postings...
It's like asking "do you know what time it is?" and the answer is "yes, I do."
I posted that post as I didn’t think you could get touch up paint just like most of the replies to this thread
It was done to let people know you have to get in contact with the manufacturers rather than google it and not getting anywhere.

phlodge

Jul 2, 2019
UK
Touch up paint ordered from Specialized so for all you doubters you can get it.
£10 a shot
Great news, any chance of telling us how you did it please Dlangers. Just been on the UK and USA Specialized website and comes up blank on a search for paint ot touch up paint. Thanks

Dlangers

Jul 7, 2019
Hertfordshire
Great news, any chance of telling us how you did it please Dlangers. Just been on the UK and USA Specialized website and comes up blank on a search for paint ot touch up paint. Thanks
Hi phlodge I googled specialized main dealers and phoned up one of the specialized concept stores that came up.
They were very professional and helpful and sorted it for me.
My particular colour is one of the 2019 colours and I have had to order it but I believe if it’s an older model they do have some in stock.
Apparently they come in a little jar just like nail varnish.
Hope this helps ?

phlodge

Jul 2, 2019
UK
Hi phlodge I googled specialized main dealers and phoned up one of the specialized concept stores that came up.
They were very professional and helpful and sorted it for me.
My particular colour is one of the 2019 colours and I have had to order it but I believe if it’s an older model they do have some in stock.
Apparently they come in a little jar just like nail varnish.
Hope this helps ?
Great, thanks for that.

Mattwilko92

Aug 22, 2018
Staffordshire, UK

phlodge

Jul 2, 2019
UK
Just got Battleship blue touch up delivered, ordered Monday from the concept store in Chester, they ordered it from specialized arrived today. Impressive service for £10. They did say stock was sparse and they were no longer doing touch-up paint so it was stock on the shelf or none.

Fridge

Nov 17, 2018
Northeast
I had no problems at all with my nice blue levo, just popped over to my dealer(bikescene) and asked the question, he got me the nice blue touch up, its very good stuff very thick and as you would expect a perfect match.

Apples

Oct 27, 2018
Wiltshire
I touched up a slight chip down by the ‘Big gap’ it matches pretty good , £1.30p from local Toy/ Model shop - blue 2019 Carbon Comp
4FEA24B9-C7EB-4AFB-8B14-A1E23C231449.jpeg

Koo

Nov 11, 2018
Finland
Anyone had luck for finding color code or good replacement paint for Turbo Levo 2019 Comp (Alu). Cast Battleship / Hyper. Asked from local dealer who asked from spesh and they had none.

specialized-2019-turbo-levo-comp-cast-battleship-h.jpg

phlodge

Jul 2, 2019
UK
Try a Specialized Concept store, I got mine from the very helpful guys in their Chester store.
They did say stocks were low and they wouldnt be getting any more, so it may be that they have now ran out.
Paint/Part number on the paint tube reads .. S183300064

Hope that helps and good luck.

Koo

Nov 11, 2018
Finland
Try a Specialized Concept store, I got mine from the very helpful guys in their Chester store.
They did say stocks were low and they wouldnt be getting any more, so it may be that they have now ran out.
Paint/Part number on the paint tube reads .. S183300064

Hope that helps and good luck.

This is exactly what I tried to so. Thx for the code!

-K

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles