South East Rides

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
Appreciate things are a bit tricky at the moment to say the least, but they are improving and can only get better right! So be good to try and plan some rides...

I'm based in North Kent (near brands hatch) and whilst i'm enjoying learning new local trials and trying to improve on the eBike its always good to get out and ride new locations with experienced riders to pick up and learn from.

Bedgebury, Surrey Hills, Swinley (at a push) are all under an hour so keen to try these and will head over to them solo soon but if there is anyone up for meeting at some point as things relax on the restrictions it’d be great to ride with some other e bikes...

also if anyone has any good rides they’d recommend in the south east it’d be appreciated as keen to explore as much as possible on the new bike.

Cheers.

PhilBaker

May 6, 2020
East London/Kent
Hey Jimbo,

There a few of us in Kent also. Fingerpuk is West Malling way and I’m Gravesend way.

I ride a lot around pilgrims way and the north downs way, particularly over near Trottiscliffe/Vigo area.

I’d be happy to show you some trails if you’ve not ridden out this way from yours.

Stumpy

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
Appreciate things are a bit tricky at the moment to say the least, but they are improving and can only get better right! So be good to try and plan some rides...

I'm based in North Kent (near brands hatch) and whilst i'm enjoying learning new local trials and trying to improve on the eBike its always good to get out and ride new locations with experienced riders to pick up and learn from.

Bedgebury, Surrey Hills, Swinley (at a push) are all under an hour so keen to try these and will head over to them solo soon but if there is anyone up for meeting at some point as things relax on the restrictions it’d be great to ride with some other e bikes...

also if anyone has any good rides they’d recommend in the south east it’d be appreciated as keen to explore as much as possible on the new bike.

Cheers.

@lolp and I regularly ride Epping Forest (under an hour from you - I’m from your neck of the woods but now living on the dark side ?).

We (read Lolp) will be more than happy to show you around if you’re ever over that way.

coincidentally we are riding Bedgebury today - can’t wait!

happy riding!

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
Hey Jimbo,

There a few of us in Kent also. Fingerpuk is West Malling way and I’m Gravesend way.

I ride a lot around pilgrims way and the north downs way, particularly over near Trottiscliffe/Vigo area.

I’d be happy to show you some trails if you’ve not ridden out this way from yours.
Hey Jimbo,

Hi @PhilBaker, from Rochester originally so familiar with Pilgrim way routes, been to Vigo / Trosley a couple of times on my HT a few years back but i'm sure there's plenty i haven't done!

Literally ten minutes away so definitely be up for coming over that way yes.

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
@lolp and I regularly ride Epping Forest (under an hour from you - I’m from your neck of the woods but now living on the dark side ?).

We (read Lolp) will be more than happy to show you around if you’re ever over that way.

happy riding!

i didn't think of Epping funny enough, should have as met on the motorbike there a few times from pals from Essex when we go that way and there is always loads of MTB riders about so must be decent! Will come over and try it!

let me know how Bedgebury is please, hopefully its all open for riding now. have a good day!

PhilBaker

May 6, 2020
East London/Kent
Epping Forest is a good shout as there are some great trails there (although you need to know your away around). If you do a ride there I will try and join you also as would love to know my way around there more.

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
Jimbo, I am up for this.

I also live near brands hatch! I went to swinley last weekend, it is great there. Am a regular at the bull track. bedgers is also good for a blast round.

Sunday I went to bluebell hill. tbh not sure I want to repeat riding there as did 38 miles, battery ran out on the way back and its taking me days to recover. They have some interesting runs there though. Might be good to take the car there first then ride around from there.

pilgrims way I also find good. particularly the section from the bottom of the country park heading out to cuxton.

I am keen to explore surrey hills but I am not familiar.

There are a few relevant Facebook groups:

Kent & Sussex eMTB Meet Ups:

Surrey Hills EMTB ⚡:

Swinley Forest E-bike Riders:

Last edited:

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
Jimbo, I am up for this.

I also live near brands hatch! I went to swinley last weekend, it is great there. Am a regular at the bull track. bedgers is also good for a blast round.

Sunday I went to bluebell hill. tbh not sure I want to repeat riding there as did 38 miles, battery ran out on the way back and its taking me days to recover. They have some interesting runs there though. Might be good to take the car there first then ride around from there.

pilgrims way I also find good. particularly the section from the bottom of the country park heading out to cuxton.

I am keen to explore surrey hills but I am not familiar.

Cool mate. I went to Swinley a long time ago on the HT but obv want to go back now on the Levo and full suspension.

There's plenty of places to park up round Bluebell Hill and explore from there so up for that sometime.

I went up Joydens wood the other day and whilst it was ok, I knew i was missing better stuff so cant beat local knowledge. Hence why i think it's always good to explore new locations with Local riders....

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
There are a few releavant Facebook groups:

Kent & Sussex eMTB Meet Ups:

Surrey Hills EMTB ⚡:

Swinley Forest E-bike Riders:

cheers mate, but i'm not on Faceache.... :rolleyes:

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
have you been to hadleigh over in essex? Can't really get lost but a nice challenge to be able to do all the features.

I am available this sunday if you want a buddy to go somewhere, don't really mind where.

Last edited:

PhilBaker

May 6, 2020
East London/Kent
Kentrider on this forum lives near Bluebell Hill and knows the trials. I've lived there nearly all my life and didn't realise the trails existed (you can see some of them on the Trailforks app).
Agree with James on the section of Pilgrims way towards Cuxton. You can create a loop from the Northdowns way and Pilgrams around Vigo to Cuxton.

Willfly

Apr 15, 2020
kent
Hello all
I also live near Brands wright next to it
im 54 just purchased an E bike been out on my own a few times but am looking to ride with others
Billy no mates when it come to biking

Hi all,
I'm in St.Leonards on sea/Hastings and have been out and about exploring the byways and bridleways around me during lockdown. I've had my Turbo Levo since October but have only really been riding it since the good weather arrived with lockdown. And now we're allowed to drive to take exercise, I've been getting further afield by putting it in my Freelander2.
Kent wise, I have been over to the Ham Street area last week and found most of the trails were well surfaced and quite easy. Shadoxhurst & Ham Street 29 May 2020 at 07:27
In Sussex I've been around the area west of Hailsham, around Battle and Brightling so far. The Bridleways are quite overgrown and lumpy where the Horse hoof dimples are set solid. e.g. Following ROBIN POST, CHALVINGTON AND HAILSHAM
I'm not really into blasting everywhere. And going round and around in circles in a forest has no interest to me whatsoever. I like to feel like I'm exploring or touring even though my routes inevitably start and finish at the same place.
I'm a (getting fitter)(young at heart)(piss taking sense of humour) 64 years old and retired so I'd love to meet (sounds like a dating site LOL) other riders with the same outlook on riding for mid week rides. Cheers .?

IMG_20200601_101956694.jpg

IMG_20200529_080927655.jpg

Tim Stracey

May 9, 2020
Harlow

happy riding!
Stumpy, when are you next going to Epping? I could do with a guide, been a few times and came across a few few good runs but equally spend too long on Trailforks searching.

Stumpy

Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
Stumpy, when are you next going to Epping? I could do with a guide, been a few times and came across a few few good runs but equally spend too long on Trailforks searching.

We're out every weekend, either Saturday or Sunday and more recently in the week too - I'll send you a message with more detail.

@lolp

nosuchuser

Jun 10, 2020
London
@Jimbo Vills Bedgebury is one of my favourite places to ride, get there for 8 and leave by 11 and parking is £3 rather than £13 if you leave after 11.

It can seem busy when you arrive first thing but the trails are clear enough. Plenty of ebikes there, not too much hate. A good selection of climbs and techy bits, nothing too challenging. Could probably get a couple of laps in if you're not delayed by acoustics!

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
@Jimbo Vills Bedgebury is one of my favourite places to ride, get there for 8 and leave by 11 and parking is £3 rather than £13 if you leave after 11.

It can seem busy when you arrive first thing but the trails are clear enough. Plenty of ebikes there, not too much hate. A good selection of climbs and techy bits, nothing too challenging. Could probably get a couple of laps in if you're not delayed by acoustics!

@James_C and I went there today. Good tip on the parking but we was a bit slow meeting and up into the trails today as there was a bigger group than expected and was like herding cats ?

great riding today though. Loved it.
Although was super busy and a bad puncture ended things early for me ?

can’t wait to get out and try more places!

PhilBaker

May 6, 2020
East London/Kent
Given the wonderful weather we now have in the UK, is anyone riding Epping Forest this week?

I was thinking of heading over there maybe Wednesday morning or Thursday afternoon to check it out but don't know where the good trails are...

Stumpy

Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
Given the wonderful weather we now have in the UK, is anyone riding Epping Forest this week?

I was thinking of heading over there maybe Wednesday morning or Thursday afternoon to check it out but don't know where the good trails are...

Sorry Phil, just seen this but a group of us are riding tomorrow. I’ll message you....

@lolp

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
Hi all,

Does anyone fancy hitting Surrey Hills tomorrow - (wednesday ) afternoon/evening? I could probably get there for about 3pm

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
Can't do tomorrow but hoping on peaslake this weekend, day dependant on the weather

I am up for the weekend too if that was an invite :) . Sunday appears to be the better day, but Saturday doesnt look terrible

RE the bull track, I'd be happy to show you round. Its £5 a visit or £42 membership. It is quite busy at the moment though.

Stumpy

Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
A few of us are riding Bedgebury tomorrow at 10 if anyone fancies it..

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
A few of us are riding Bedgebury tomorrow at 10 if anyone fancies it..

Love too but I'm heading to spa tomorrow for a couple of days on the other bike lol...

Keen to head over to Epping in the next couple of weeks ??

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles