So I unrestricted my focus Jam2...

Focus502

Jul 28, 2019
Louisville, Kentucky - USA
I’m not tech savvy at all. I downloaded the Emax iPhone app, contacted them via email and they responded right away with a ton of useful information.

I paid them €119 via PayPal.

Within 10 minutes they sent me a code.

I connected to my bike using the app and changed the wheel circumference size to 1300.

Holy crap! My bike can now go like 30+mph and seems to only be limited by gearing and pedal power.

I am not going to be going flat out all the time but pulling out in front of traffic now seems less scary.

This was SO EASY and the email support was top notch. Why isn’t everyone doing this??

I don’t think any wattage settings changed, just the wheel size. My speedometer and odometer are off, but that’s expected.

Am I risking any serious damage to my motor doing this to my bike?

Focus502

Jul 28, 2019
Louisville, Kentucky - USA
I agree with the whole these are mountain bikes not motorcycles, however I use my bike to get to work 90% of the time and feel safer on the road being able to get out of harms way quicker. I would never need to go that fast on a trail or really any other time other than commuting where I need to quickly ride down a short stretch of narrow road where cars travel very fast until I can turn off. I think the speed increase advantage is for short bursts, not to cruise or for trails.

I’m in the USA and in a southern state, where no one really knows about ebikes or seems to care about enforcing laws etc. People ride bikes on the sidewalks here all the time and no one bats an eye- not me of course.

Does anyone know if I’m damaging my motor by increasing my top speed for short distances?

EDIT: my local bike shop sells a trek Ebike that’s factory top speed is 28mph...so legally I’m not worried about any risk. More damage to the bike.

Last edited:

Indigo

Oct 6, 2018
Brisbane, Australia
Our bikes are also limited to 250W averaged over 30 mins. It your sitting on the maximum 250W, it makes no difference whether your on a long steep hill climb below the speed limit or going fast unrestricted on a flat road.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles