Show us your Vitus!

Welshman

Subscriber
Nov 8, 2018
South wales
Interested to see what people are riding and what they have done to their Vitus's

As some of you may know I have two of them, both size L

E- Sommett VR, quite heavily modified, main ones being:

• Red 180mm Lyrik RC2
  • Nuke Proof Horizon 35mm rise bars
  • Nuke Proof Horizon 30mm Stem
  • Miranda 160mm Cranks
  • One Up flat Pedals
  • One Up Dropper Remote
  • E7000 Controller
  • Fabric Scoop Cell saddle
  • Ergon GE1 Grips
  • Currently running 2.6 Hillybills front and rear

Also have an E-Sentier hardtail, which has had a few changes too ;):

• Powdercoated matte black
  • 150mm Fox 36 Factory
  • Fox Factory transfer dropper
  • One Up dropper remote
  • E7000 Controller
  • DMR Deathgrips
  • Changed rotors to 180mm out back, rotors are Shimano XT running with the stock Guide RE's
  • 160mm Miranda Cranks (added since picture taken)
  • One Up pedals
  • Nuke Proof Horizon 35MM riser Bars
  • Nuke Proof Horizon 30mm stem
  • WTB Volt saddle
  • Magic Marys DH super Soft

View attachment 9275

View attachment 9276

View attachment 9278
how does the color match between the kashima and the copper nukeprooof look?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
how does the color match between the kashima and the copper nukeprooof look?

Pretty much perfect - its the best match I have seen to date, better than the Burgtec for example

IMG_3386.jpeg

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Nice bike!

I'm curious about 3 things:
- is that a front mudguard on the rear wheel? works well?
- what tool pouch is that on the top tube?
- what's that strap on the battery for?

Yes. an RRP Proguard max protection- it doesn't protect your arse at all but keeps a hell of a lot of shit off the seat tube/shock / motor / pivots

Dakine hotlaps gripper - they're pretty awesome

carrying weed* ;)

*or an innertube or a folding backpack or a packet of minstrels... you get the idea ;)

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Here's one that has been out of the box for a year and better than ever :) View attachment 14715 :)
Nice! can I ask a favour, I am having issues mounting up an RS Superdeluxe Coil on mine, as on dry fitting it looks like the coil (600lbs) may rub the frame where it passes through - any chance you could take a close up picture of your shock from front to back?

Cisco

May 1, 2018
Elderslie
Nice! can I ask a favour, I am having issues mounting up an RS Superdeluxe Coil on mine, as on dry fitting it looks like the coil (600lbs) may rub the frame where it passes through - any chance you could take a close up picture of your shock from front to back?
Will do tmrw..the interface between bottom of the coil and frame is very close.

waxiemaxie

Jun 5, 2019
Bristol
Two weeks in to the ownership of a E-Sommet and a couple of all day sessions at Bike Park Wales under my belt and I am loving my first weeks of EMTB riding. Did a lot of poo pooing about e bikes and insisted on riding to the top at BPW. I could manage 3 ascents /descents on my Charge Cooker 29er and had to call it a day. What a difference, and that is the key word, to cycling BPW on my E-Sommet. Its fun up hill, I am now riding sections that I would not have attempted non assisted and there is a subtle difference when heading down. All in all this bike has changed my off road cycling, giving me more options for fun and exercise. Managed 5 ascent/descent running in eco mode on less than one charge. Fitted from new, XT shifters, rear mech, 4 pot XT front brake and Ice Tech rotor along with a tubeless setup.

79C45A7B-9C1C-4BED-8FDE-531E299AA064.jpeg

Last edited:

davosaurusrex

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 21, 2018
Worthing
No one's bike is a more random assortment of colours than yours R120! It's like Stevie Wonder put it together when he was on some bad acid

davosaurusrex

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 21, 2018
Worthing
New tyres, not had chance to really put them through their paces yet but Gisburn at the weekend. :D

View attachment 15405 View attachment 15406
Jumps with no lid? You crazy rebel!

Just put an E-Wild on the back. First ride tonight but given how sticky the rubber feels and the weight I just can't see it can roll as well as some people suggest despite what looks to be an easy rolling tread pattern

inwoods

Jul 31, 2018
Poulton-Le-Fylde.
I forgot to put my helmet back on for that run.

I am quiet surprised at how well the tyres roll on the road with the motor off I was expecting way more drag, also love your colour scheme Davo (y).

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I am really liking the E-Wilds, super grippy and seem to roll easy

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles