Pissed off at SC brand

Stekaczek

Aug 5, 2022
Warsaw
First of all, hello to all SC fans on the forum.

Sorry guys for using this medium to take out my anger but it is also a kind of therapy for me :)

What SC does in the EU is total lack of respect for the customers. I have been with them almost from the very beginning and I had the opportunity to ride 10 different bikes of this brand. I am already waiting almost 20 months for my Bullit XO and I will probably see another anniversary soon. When I see the smiling faces of riders with new Hecklers or other recently launched analogue bikes in the USA, I get pissed off!!!

I am in constant contact with shops not only local but also throughout the EU and I only hear – "sorry SC change again ETA, maybe next month, soon," etc . And I am waiting , waiting and waiting like a dumb loosing another bike season.

I am able to endure a lot because I love this brand but I do not understand why SC will not make it clear that, for example, the model will not be available in EU for e.g. Q4 2022 etc. It would then be obvious where I am standing. I already wrote a few emails directly to HQ about this situation but as expected no reply.

I work in the industry just like the bicycle industry hit by pandemics and war and I know exactly what it looks like from the supply side. Nevertheless, we are able to estimate more less the completion date and client knows clearly that they have to wait e.g. a year but they consciously accept it or look for other solutions. At least they know where they are.

The truth is that SC doesn't give a shit about the EU market!!!

Regards to all frustrated SC fans in EU. There are probably many of us here

DOMBUSH

Aug 10, 2020
Cambridge
Hi Stekaczek

I feel your pain. In similar circumstances
I cancelled my order - See this thread.

The anniversary of my Bullit being 13 months late occurred shortly before my country's downhill world-cup round. My dealer had no news so
I dropped by the importer who had a trade stand at the event. When I mentioned it they just said sorry and looked uncomfortable. They mentioned a number of contributing factors, only 1 of which was the pandemic.

I tried to contact SC USA HQ to get beyond being held at a distance by the local importer, but the US HQ wouldn't answer the telephone. Emailing them direct just got re-routed to the local importer.

Amusingly, on cancelling my order, the importer said via the dealer... wait, we've heard, It'll be just another 3 weeks (6th revised date). Well that was months ago and the dealer told me recently that the stock still hadn't turned up.

At the time, the dealer and the importer both put forward the point of view that it's worse for them as their primary point. Whilst financially this is undoubtedly true,
I reached the same conclusion as you - The SC purchasing experience left the impression that they didn't care about their (EU) customers.

leroy

Jul 10, 2021
milton keynes
Hi Stekaczek

I feel your pain. In similar circumstances
I cancelled my order - See this thread.

The anniversary of my Bullit being 13 months late occurred shortly before my country's downhill world-cup round. My dealer had no news so
I dropped by the importer who had a trade stand at the event. When I mentioned it they just said sorry and looked uncomfortable. They mentioned a number of contributing factors, only 1 of which was the pandemic.

I tried to contact SC USA HQ to get beyond being held at a distance by the local importer, but the US HQ wouldn't answer the telephone. Emailing them direct just got re-routed to the local importer.

Amusingly, on cancelling my order, the importer said via the dealer... wait, we've heard, It'll be just another 3 weeks (6th revised date). Well that was months ago and the dealer told me recently that the stock still hadn't turned up.

At the time, the dealer and the importer both put forward the point of view that it's worse for them as their primary point. Whilst financially this is undoubtedly true,
I reached the same conclusion as you - The SC purchasing experience left the impression that they didn't care about their (EU) customers.
im totally with you 2 guys on this.

I've only ridden s/c for the last 20 years but the constant delays and "should be here in 2 weeks" messages from both the dealer and importer regarding my order are testing my patience and commitment to the brand to the max.

while all my friends have enjoyed the best summer we've had for years on their new bikes i feel i've spent the last 4 months trying to justify to them and myself why i'm waiting for a bike with no concrete delivery date.

the last couple of years have been very difficult for many but s/c have had plenty of time to work on supply chain issues and lets be honest, communication ineptitude can not be blamed on a pandemic or a war.

if you're reading this then sort it out s/c because your credibility is evaporating far quicker than you are delivering bikes.

Gw0175

Aug 30, 2020
Scotland
First of all, hello to all SC fans on the forum.

Sorry guys for using this medium to take out my anger but it is also a kind of therapy for me :)

What SC does in the EU is total lack of respect for the customers. I have been with them almost from the very beginning and I had the opportunity to ride 10 different bikes of this brand. I am already waiting almost 20 months for my Bullit XO and I will probably see another anniversary soon. When I see the smiling faces of riders with new Hecklers or other recently launched analogue bikes in the USA, I get pissed off!!!

I am in constant contact with shops not only local but also throughout the EU and I only hear – "sorry SC change again ETA, maybe next month, soon," etc . And I am waiting , waiting and waiting like a dumb loosing another bike season.

I am able to endure a lot because I love this brand but I do not understand why SC will not make it clear that, for example, the model will not be available in EU for e.g. Q4 2022 etc. It would then be obvious where I am standing. I already wrote a few emails directly to HQ about this situation but as expected no reply.

I work in the industry just like the bicycle industry hit by pandemics and war and I know exactly what it looks like from the supply side. Nevertheless, we are able to estimate more less the completion date and client knows clearly that they have to wait e.g. a year but they consciously accept it or look for other solutions. At least they know where they are.

The truth is that SC doesn't give a shit about the EU market!!!

Regards to all frustrated SC fans in EU. There are probably many of us here

I take my hat off to you for waiting this long! But jeeez, almost 20 months??

life is too short to be was waiting that long! My normal mtb is a SC Bronson and I waited 3 months for that which was my limit!! Yes they are beautiful bikes but not worth missing out on all that ride time for surely?

Good luck with the wait, I know what I'd be doing if I was in your position!

Reactions: Dax

Stekaczek

Aug 5, 2022
Warsaw
while all my friends have enjoyed the best summer we've had for years on their new bikes i feel i've spent the last 4 months trying to justify to them and myself why i'm waiting for a bike with no concrete delivery date.

You couldn't put it better. This exactly how I feel

Stekaczek

Aug 5, 2022
Warsaw
I take my hat off to you for waiting this long! But jeeez, almost 20 months??

life is too short to be was waiting that long! My normal mtb is a SC Bronson and I waited 3 months for that which was my limit!! Yes they are beautiful bikes but not worth missing out on all that ride time for surely?

Good luck with the wait, I know what I'd be doing if I was in your position!

No worries. I have 2 analogue SC bikes in my stable but riding ebike is a different story.
I would never wait 20 months if I knew it would take so long. But if you keep hearing that it will be soon, you believe that you will get this bike soon. Hope dies last. This is what I want to say that what annoys me the most is the lack of clear communication from SC.

Ky-lus

Mar 26, 2022
Gloucester

the last couple of years have been very difficult for many but s/c have had plenty of time to work on supply chain issues and lets be honest, communication ineptitude can not be blamed on a pandemic or a war.

if you're reading this then sort it out s/c because your credibility is evaporating far quicker than you are delivering bikes.
100% this! Last time I spoke to jungle the bikes were landing this week just gone, however mine wasn’t in this batch! I ended up cancelling on Monday and buying a different bike. Wish I did it sooner tbh!

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
I had narrowed my choices down to a Heckler or the 160e, I couldn’t get firm delivery dates on either from any shop in the UK. I could walk into my buddy’s shop in the US and walk out with either one, he has multiples in stock. I don’t get why it’s so hard to get stock here, that and nobody seems to get anything in size small for those of us that are vertically challenged.

leroy

Jul 10, 2021
milton keynes
100% this! Last time I spoke to jungle the bikes were landing this week just gone, however mine wasn’t in this batch! I ended up cancelling on Monday and buying a different bike. Wish I did it sooner tbh!
it certainly feels as though the standard jungle response is "should be next week" i've been getting this for months now.

ultimately i think that most of us can put up with a delay but its the vague communication and a lack of concrete info that sucks away our enthusiasm for our new bikes and the brand itself.

i for one wont be ordering a new bike on release day again without the bike being in stock.

leroy

Jul 10, 2021
milton keynes
kudos to you for having the balls to cancel,i wonder how many other people have simply given up?

Stekaczek

Aug 5, 2022
Warsaw
I had narrowed my choices down to a Heckler or the 160e, I couldn’t get firm delivery dates on either from any shop in the UK. I could walk into my buddy’s shop in the US and walk out with either one, he has multiples in stock. I don’t get why it’s so hard to get stock here, that and nobody seems to get anything in size small for those of us that are vertically challenged.

Just go to the websites of famous stores in the USA to see that you can still find some Bullits and there are a lot of Hecklers. IMO this must be an official strategy approved by the SC Board. SC is owned by Dutch holding PON. PON must have placed his man on the SC Board who consciously approved this strategy. If only I had emails to the SC Board members ...

The second thing that I completely don't understand is the situation with the so-called "allocated stock". One of the dealers explained to me that this is a stock that will come 100% because it takes into account all production restrictions. When you hear something like that, you believe that SC has revised its production plans and since it allocates a very limited stock to each dealer, it means that SC knows that they will be able to produce and deliver only that much. Why such a professional company like SC sucks in 2021 production plans I can't get.

Stekaczek

Aug 5, 2022
Warsaw
BTW What was your choice? Do not see many possibilities on market. Maybe YT if bigger battery will come.

Chiefworm

Dec 27, 2021
United Kingdom
BTW What was your choice? Do not see many possibilities on market. Maybe YT if bigger battery will come.
I ordered a Heckler back in Februar. Latest delivery date is now October. I have some test rides on other bikes this week so it might turn out I cancel mine as well. If YT bring out a Decoy with a bigger battery or even a pare bigger battery that would be top of my list.

Ky-lus

Mar 26, 2022
Gloucester
I got a mondraker crafty carbon XR. It was reduced to only slightly more than the heckler R I had on order. The spec difference was a no brainer! I also had a demo on the ep8 for the first time and was very underwhelmed. Much prefer the power of the Bosch motor so I guess the delay was a blessing in disguise. If the Santa Cruz had the Bosch I would of waited.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I got a mondraker crafty carbon XR. It was reduced to only slightly more than the heckler R I had on order. The spec difference was a no brainer! I also had a demo on the ep8 for the first time and was very underwhelmed. Much prefer the power of the Bosch motor so I guess the delay was a blessing in disguise. If the Santa Cruz had the Bosch I would of waited.
Are you aware that the EP8 motor can be tuned on the ETUBE app as standard? I have no idea whether the EP8 motors are preset somewhere for low output, but mine was and so was @Davvee 's bike (different bike brands). Reading similar comments on here leads me to believe that EP8 motors are being underestimated. @j_s had a quick ride on my bike outside his house and he was surprised at the power, and that was in Eco! He has a Bosch. It only takes a few minutes to change the presets on an EP8 motor. They may be set low for safety reasons.

Davvee

Jul 18, 2021
Mansfield
My motor was night and day different after @steve_sordy had a play with the settings for me. If I remember correctly I had different presents in my E-Tube app to steve’s as well.

Ky-lus

Mar 26, 2022
Gloucester
Are you aware that the EP8 motor can be tuned on the ETUBE app as standard? I have no idea whether the EP8 motors are preset somewhere for low output, but mine was and so was @Davvee 's bike (different bike brands). Reading similar comments on here leads me to believe that EP8 motors are being underestimated. @j_s had a quick ride on my bike outside his house and he was surprised at the power, and that was in Eco! He has a Bosch. It only takes a few minutes to change the presets on an EP8 motor. They may be set low for safety reasons.
I’m not to sure how it was set up tbh, maybe it wasn’t set up to full power. It was the first time I tried the ep8 and it was definitely a more “natural” feeling, I just prefer the surge of power from the Bosch. Had the heckler arrived 2 weeks ago when they said, I would of bought it and I’m sure I would of loved it. Maybe all the delays and lack of communication just left a sour taste. I did see a demo heckler at the Forest of Dean and it definitely is a beautiful looking bike. Will look forward to seeing more out on the trails when they eventually do arrive.

leroy

Jul 10, 2021
milton keynes
more lies from jungle today......

f@@k you santa cruz.

22 years of brand loyalty has come to this.

i'm so fucking fed up with this shit show.

Sofaboy73

May 26, 2020
UK
more lies from jungle today......

f@@k you santa cruz.

22 years of brand loyalty has come to this.

i'm so fucking fed up with this shit show.

Why what have jungle said?

I spoke to stif / jungle last week and they were very deliberate in not committing to any time scales because they couldn’t. They’d said they have had a small number of hecklers in but no XL’s and no shimano specced bikes so my order wasn’t amongst it. When pushed on time scales all they would commit to was months rather than weeks for time scales.

As a result I’ve cancelled my order and have a general 3 levo expert arriving next week

leroy

Jul 10, 2021
milton keynes

I spoke to stif / jungle last week and they were very deliberate in not committing to any time scales because they couldn’t. They’d said they have had a small number of hecklers in but no XL’s and no shimano specced bikes so my order wasn’t amongst it. When pushed on time scales all they would commit to was months rather than weeks for time scales.

As a result I’ve cancelled my order and have a general 3 levo expert arriving next week
sofaboy you have pm

leroy

Jul 10, 2021
milton keynes

im starting to look at levo's now,i have a date in mind and if my heckler isn't here by that date i'm cancelling.i'm so fed up with the whole situation that i will not be comingback to sc.

Sofaboy73

May 26, 2020
UK
im starting to look at levo's now,i have a date in mind and if my heckler isn't here by that date i'm cancelling.i'm so fed up with the whole situation that i will not be comingback to sc.

dependent on size & spec you want me d get in quick as uk stock is limited. I got the last levo expert size S5 (xl) in maroon from the spesh UK warehouse. Chatting to several of the spesh guys they’re saying there’s the odd bit of stock around on shop floors and a little in the ware house, but some popular models eg levo comp carbon ard all sold out. Apparently new order coming in September, but we’ve both heard that before!

Stekaczek

Aug 5, 2022
Warsaw
Why what is possible for Spec is not for SC? Both are located in US close to each other. Also here I can get Spec in 2 weeks. Why SC sucks so much.

Sofaboy73

May 26, 2020
UK
Why what is possible for Spec is not for SC? Both are located in US close to each other. Also here I can get Spec in 2 weeks. Why SC sucks so much.
Seems to mainly down to EU supply chain issues and moving assembly lines in Germany. I get her there’s decent availability in the states but bout EU/UK

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
Have a look at Balfe’s if you’re after a Levo, I ordered my Levo Pro from them. Best price I could find in the UK, it was £1100 off Specialized price. They have a decent stock of the pro/expert models and a ton of the alloy models.

Sofaboy73

May 26, 2020
UK
Have a look at Balfe’s if you’re after a Levo, I ordered my Levo Pro from them. Best price I could find in the UK, it was £1100 off Specialized price. They have a decent stock of the pro/expert models and a ton of the alloy models.

thank the lord they’re out of stock for the S5 expert otherwise I’d be feeling rather sick right now after just paying full price from spesh concept store!

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA

Specialized is at least one order of magnitude bigger than Santa Cruz, maybe more. That provides a lot of buying and sourcing leverage, as well as more flexibility in manufacturing planning.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles