Pace working on an Ebike??

James_MTB

Jan 15, 2018
Briefly mentioned in this very interesting chat
Prototype due this year :) Hope it's not a wind-up

Super excited for his; hopefully, it'll look as stunning as when they released the RC100.

Supratad

Nov 13, 2019
North Yorkshire, UK
Well, I wasn't going to say anything, but I was in the shop having a chat with Adrian a few weeks back and he said they were going to bring out an e-bike soon. I asked him to make sure it's very expensive so I can be sure I didn't make a mistake buying the Levo.

James_MTB

Jan 15, 2018
Well, I wasn't going to say anything, but I was in the shop having a chat with Adrian a few weeks back and he said they were going to bring out an e-bike soon. I asked him to make sure it's very expensive so I can be sure I didn't make a mistake buying the Levo.

Did he mention which motor? My guess would be Shimano

Supratad

Nov 13, 2019
North Yorkshire, UK
No, he only mentioned they were working on one and I didn't ask details in case he thought I was probing for a leak.
i was just happy to be talking to Adrian Pace. Since I've got back into MTBing, I've been in direct comms with people like him, Mr Crud Pete Tomkins, Robert Reisinger from Mountain Cycle etc. Amazing really that its stayed so grass roots.,

StuE

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jun 4, 2018
Leeds
I have a Pace RC529 hardtail (great bike) and was talking to Adrian at the Pace owners weekend last June and he said then that his next project after the carbon full sus was an ebike as it was the only segment of Mountain biking with any growth in sales

Baffled 1

Nov 10, 2019
Warwick
Wow I spotted a mention towards ebikes in a article last year. I was supportive of Pace way back in the day. Do you remember the elastomer suspension forks cutting edge at the time.
If the quality of workmanship on his bikes are anything to go by past and present I for one can't wait.
And a big up for British manufacturing.

Supratad

Nov 13, 2019
North Yorkshire, UK
Remember them? I still have one. Actually that's not true as when Pace brought out their first coil sprung fork, I bought the springs and modified my elastomer MXCD to run those instead.
IMG_3608.JPG

Baffled 1

Nov 10, 2019
Warwick
OMG that exact model bike the P7 was my second bike I ever bought stepped up from a Marin Pallisade bought it from John Atkins Cycles and its there I had the pace forks fitted it was a cracking bike. Thanks for posting a picture its made my day. ?

Dec 18, 2019
UK
I'm now watching with interest. The reach figure for the large looks like an XL may well be on the money for fit.... if they make one in XL that is. My hope is that they will take a long hard look at Focus' Sam 2 and SC's new Bullit, as their geometry is fairly spot on and well suited for taller riders and those longer in the arms and torso. Being aluminium ticks the environmental box, being far better than carbon and buying British with in-country support for any problems would make this bike my top choice.
Going back many years, I tried their fork but, being a bigger rider, found the brakes absolutely hopeless, as the mounts twisted on the fork legs and, if you applied them very hard in order to stop, the cable pulled through the wee brass clamp, so I had to send them back. Shortly after, Rock Shox had the Judy DH with disc mounts and i've used their forks ever since.
On a positive note, their RC80 bottom bracket was a brilliant piece of kit. I still run them on my classic San Andreas DHS and my Guerrilla Gravity Trail Pistol and they're still going strong.
If Adrian's keeping tabs on this forum, please give us an XL RC170E, with a 515/520 reach, 670+ stack and 680 ETT on around a 1320 wheelbase with a slightly slacker 67 degree SA, which will give us taller riders a roomier cockpit. Failing that, may I come and visit and get a bike built???

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles