Official Merida eOne-Sixty thread

Statman

Jan 13, 2020
Brisbane
Hi guys, just bought the eone sixty 8000. Is there anyone that has successfully put an angleset on a carbon 2020 eone sixty? According to the guys at work components this frame does not support anglesets because the top headset bearing fits directly into the frame... sound pretty weird to me..

View attachment 33109

View attachment 33110

View attachment 33111
i have a clicking/creak coming from my headset/fork area so I've been trying to find a SHIS code for the headset to replace it with a third party one but after talking to Merida directly it seems like their headset is pretty unique with the measurements. Both Chris King and Works Components are unable to help me with their headsets. Looks like the noise could be caused by the Crown steerer unit according to Merida anyway. Will have to investigate further....

Veno

May 3, 2020
Zagreb
i have a clicking/creak coming from my headset/fork area so I've been trying to find a SHIS code for the headset to replace it with a third party one but after talking to Merida directly it seems like their headset is pretty unique with the measurements. Both Chris King and Works Components are unable to help me with their headsets. Looks like the noise could be caused by the Crown steerer unit according to Merida anyway. Will have to investigate further....
Jesus, another industry standard!
A friend of mine also bought the 8000 model and the noise was horrible! After opening it up we discovered there was no assembly greese in there. Now it’s fine. If you find out anything about the potential for an angleset please let me know. Cheers

miercoleando

Sep 30, 2019
SP
Hello from Germany,

riding my eONE-SIXTY for a year now I made some improvements:
-FSA cockpit with carbon bar
-sintered metal brake pads
-Ergon saddle with carbon rails
-Giant TRX 0 carbon wheelset (tubeless)
-Vittoria Morsa 2,35 and Martello 2,6
-Garbaruk lightweight cassette
-Renthal 34T chainring
-Miranda carbon cranks 160mm

Changing the complete setup of the wheels was a metamorphosis! No more feeling of riding a school bus!
Increased agility and speed enormously and reduced rolling resistance. A complete different bike!

View attachment 31830
So your wheels are 27.5? I am concerned about the bb clearance to the ground, already very low. Have you noticed anything?

miercoleando

Sep 30, 2019
SP
Hey guys!
I see you are pretty active so I’m asking for your help/opinion. I have been racing enduro and dh for the past 15 years and recently got a kid and time is an issue.
I was about to buy the e-one sixty 8000 size large(I am 179cm) .I like everything about it. It’s not a top speck build but pretty decent and it looks super polished. Not a lot of things to upgrade.. maybe grip 2 damper and dh tyre in the back but that is it. The dealer that is a friend of mine told me that, since he has one 2019. e-one sixty 900e left he would give it to me at a good discount so it would be 200euros cheaper then the 8000. I am looking at the specs and it’s bang on. Few upgrades would include a 29 wheel up front, works angleset and I would get rid of the Di2 and the tires (dh). The thing is I have a spare battery for the 900e and I am planning this to be a bike for really long rides. The 900e makes more sense because of the spare battery but the 8000 looks betters and has updated geometry (slighty). What do you think? Your input as owners would measn a lot. Thanks in advance.
The new bike looks so good !! But the price of the last 2019 units is hard to beat, and I have no plug where I store the bike. Also I can take the extra battery or not, depending on the ride. What I really miss is a bottle cage, as water consumption is so low compared to what I need with the conventional bike.

v0rt3x

Mar 27, 2020
Slovenia
So your wheels are 27.5? I am concerned about the bb clearance to the ground, already very low. Have you noticed anything?

There shouldn't be much difference between 2.5 and 2.8 plus? I also have 2.5 Assegai on front and 2.6 Martello rear (which I assume are "regular" 27.5 tires) and think there's enough clearance.

RichardGB

Nov 28, 2019
West Midlands
I'm amazed at the number of folks who have ground clearance issues. I clip a pedal when I'm stupid and don't read the terrain well. I'm not a jumper but I ride the rough stuff hard enough but never really notice any clearance problems.

miercoleando

Sep 30, 2019
SP
I'm amazed at the number of folks who have ground clearance issues. I clip a pedal when I'm stupid and don't read the terrain well. I'm not a jumper but I ride the rough stuff hard enough but never really notice any clearance problems.
I come from a 26" with a Hammerschmidt 22t ring. I am getting used, but you bet the clearance of cranks and bb is different !!

mxmarty92

Jun 11, 2020
perth western australia
New to this . Yet to have a ride but definitely not overly keen for the balloon tyres. I've test fitted a set of 29 wheels and seems to clear everything fine ( 2.3 wide blk diamond ) . Banged myself up at mx over the weekend so hopefully the body is ready for a maiden later this week .

20200616_174756.jpg

20200616_175210.jpg

20200615_155337.jpg

marahm

May 22, 2020
Germany
Yes, wheelsize is still 27,5. But the shorter cranks are more important. When pedaling they are the lowest point and I try to avoid crashing my bb on obstacles that are too high to just roll over. On the other side bb height isn’t a problem even at high steps up and down. The shorter cranks (160mm) reduced ground contact enormously. For me it’s a „must have“ !

Kneedown69

Jun 23, 2020
New Zealand
Hello from Rotorua NZ, I've had my Merida eone sixty for about 3-4 months and made a few mods.

- marzocchi bomber coil shock
- Yari fork with 170mm v3 air spring
- XT 1x11 drive train
- Oneup carbon bars
- Hope pro4 hubs on Stans flow rims

IMG_20200618_174750.jpg

mxmarty92

Jun 11, 2020
perth western australia
I was pretty happy with an 50km ex demo 2020 500se. Price point that got me into an ebike. Picked up some cheap mods but haven't been able to get out for another ride ( moto-x injury couple weeks ago )

I fitted a fox float x2. Lyrik rtc3 . 29" wheels front and back . Designed and printed another chain guide with tighter spacing. Xt brakes levers. Xfusion 150mm dropper. Black diamond heavy duty rear tyre. St unlocker mods .
Total weight 21.8kg . Can drop a tad more as I've got a tube in front .
20200704_100959.jpg

v0rt3x

Mar 27, 2020
Slovenia
Anyone running riser bars? Are the stock bars considered flat or a slight rise? (if I go 20mm rise I doubt it will be noticable so I'd probably need 35 mm)

AusE

Dec 3, 2019
Australia
Anyone running riser bars? Are the stock bars considered flat or a slight rise? (if I go 20mm rise I doubt it will be noticable so I'd probably need 35 mm)
Pretty sure the stock bars are 20mm rise, I cant stand the stock bars on my 9000 they are so harsh. Want to go carbon but cant find a carbon bar in 35mm with internal routing.

Dan63

Feb 4, 2019
Brisbane
Pretty sure the stock bars are 20mm rise, I cant stand the stock bars on my 9000 they are so harsh. Want to go carbon but cant find a carbon bar in 35mm with internal routing.
Yes the standard are 20mm rise. I've fitted similar bars with 20mm rise but a little more sweep, cut down to 760mm. Very comfy with the increased up/back sweep.

I fitted the carbon bars not long after i got the bike and they were a nice improvement, trail chatter is minimised. What was really noticible, i jumped onto my missus bike which is an e120 with standard alloy bars. The difference was huge, just landing a wheelie or dropping off a gutter in the street was so much heavier on the hands than what I'm used to. Highly recommended.

7km decent the other day had everyone complaining of sore hands at the bottom, i felt great.

AusE

Dec 3, 2019
Australia
Yes the standard are 20mm rise. I've fitted similar bars with 20mm rise but a little more sweep, cut down to 760mm. Very comfy with the increased up/back sweep.

I fitted the carbon bars not long after i got the bike and they were a nice improvement, trail chatter is minimised. What was really noticible, i jumped onto my missus bike which is an e120 with standard alloy bars. The difference was huge, just landing a wheelie or dropping off a gutter in the street was so much heavier on the hands than what I'm used to. Highly recommended.

7km decent the other day had everyone complaining of sore hands at the bottom, i felt great.
What carbon bars did you go with Dan

Dan63

Feb 4, 2019
Brisbane
What carbon bars did you go with Dan
Joystick analog 35mm, 800 wide, 20mm rise. $154 they were seriously cheap too. Though looks like mtbd is out of stock on that size.

Sits very nicely in their stem that's designed for carbon bars. 35mm x 35mm i went with here.

Joystick also make a "binary" model of carbon bar which is 760mm, researching at the time i found the analog bar is softer and more comfortable where the binary is stiffer. so i went with the analog and cut it down to 760mm.

The oneup carbon bars were my next choice, supposed to be very comfortable

Dan63

Feb 4, 2019
Brisbane
Cool I just have to try and find some of those rubber cable giudes for the bars.
If you fit an e7000 switch they come with the switch. The standard cable on the e8000 is very long and wouldn't work too well externally as it doubles back on itself under the grips,

D12SDL

Jul 8, 2020
Horsham
First ride out on my 2020 limited 160 up the Surrey hills and it was great can’t wait to get back up there. Just a few changes I’m going to make I think. DMR v12 peddles and maybe a better dropper post.

RichardGB

Nov 28, 2019
West Midlands
Yep, I have a 30 rise on mine. Can't run the cables through neatly but comfort is much improved. I found the stock bars to be a horrible shape.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles