Official Canyon EMTB Thread

dwr budr

May 29, 2018
UK
was up the long mynd last weekend riding a few ridge lines, not sure this was a good idea when it’s blowing a gale, scared the shit out of me.
My seat post seams to have developed a bit of forward and back play so much so that one one occasion i struggled to get it to go down without a bit of a wiggle so i’m guessing a trip to the bike shop is in order for a new seal kit.
As much as these seatposts are a great invention they’re a right pain, ive ended up wrecking every one i’ve ever owned. Maybe it’s just my poor posture / climbing style when in the seat.

Clansey

Aug 13, 2018
Liverpool
was up the long mynd last weekend riding a few ridge lines, not sure this was a good idea when it’s blowing a gale, scared the shit out of me.
My seat post seams to have developed a bit of forward and back play so much so that one one occasion i struggled to get it to go down without a bit of a wiggle so i’m guessing a trip to the bike shop is in order for a new seal kit.
As much as these seatposts are a great invention they’re a right pain, ive ended up wrecking every one i’ve ever owned. Maybe it’s just my poor posture / climbing style when in the seat.
Could be same issue I had, I had to scoop my ass forward for it to go down. I warrantied it and they said that one of the shims had dislodged. Mine was fine for a while but has developed a little bit of twisting nothing too bad but annoys the life out of me as the bike of the bike feels loose when climbing

Also check that the collar is tight as mine scratched the stanchion.

dwr budr

May 29, 2018
UK
Could be same issue I had, I had to scoop my ass forward for it to go down. I warrantied it and they said that one of the shims had dislodged. Mine was fine for a while but has developed a little bit of twisting nothing too bad but annoys the life out of me as the bike of the bike feels loose when climbing

Also check that the collar is tight as mine scratched the stanchion.

thanks for that, i’d bever taken any notice of the collar before but it had indeed become loose, ive tightened it up and it seems fine, see how it plays out this weekend

jpaulo.emtb

Sep 12, 2018
Portugal
Not really but if you try to pick the bike up slowly by the seat you will find the wheel stays on the floor. You can feel 5-10mm of play when you pick it up before the wheel lifts from the floor

I also have the same problem. Did the IGUS bushes solve the problem? What is the bushes measurement?

Clansey

Aug 13, 2018
Liverpool
I also have the same problem. Did the IGUS bushes solve the problem? What is the bushes measurement?
Yeah the bushings solved the issue. Not sure on the size off the top of my head they were linked in another thread in the canyon section about frame bearings.

pegasus

Feb 23, 2019
Shropshire
Hubby's just replaced his too, same problem as Clansey and yourself jpaulo. IGUS bushes seem to be better. This has got to be a problem, I wonder if Canyon would like to hear about it or not? We've bought spare in case mine go as well.

Clansey

Aug 13, 2018
Liverpool
Hubby's just replaced his too, same problem as Clansey and yourself jpaulo. IGUS bushes seem to be better. This has got to be a problem, I wonder if Canyon would like to hear about it or not? We've bought spare in case mine go as well.
When I spoke to them they asked for photographs and they would escalate it to their technical department but never heard anything after that.

Mauko

Jul 16, 2019
Finland
When I spoke to them they asked for photographs and they would escalate it to their technical department but never heard anything after that.

This was unfortunately why I strook Canyon off my list. These days having issues like this is just not acceptable. I hope they find a lasting solution to both existing and new bikes.

pegasus

Feb 23, 2019
Shropshire
I don't see it as a problem as of such as it's a wearable part and we have the 2018 model. As far as I'm concerned they built a new bike to the best of their ability and it's all trail and error. It's just like when you car has had a dink and it's in need of repair it's an inconvenience for you to have to catch a taxi or rely on another mode to get to work, but you get it back repaired. I will make them aware and maybe they will recall or design differently.

Clansey

Aug 13, 2018
Liverpool
A video from our 1st visit to BPW last weekend. What a place!!! I was blown away by the sheer number of cool trails. Can't wait to get back and try some other trails.

Any must do's for next time?

Richt20000

Jun 29, 2018
Uk
Just swapping a few of my parts on to my new spectral On 7, cant ride yet as 6 weeks into recovery of broken wrist.

Can’t believe how heavy the stock wheels are. 3.6KG for the rear wheel!!!! I’ve just swapped it out for my carbon E13 wheelset, GX eagle cassette, same rotor and a Minion DHR2 3C 2.6 tubeless and it weighs 2.8KG. Looks like I’ll take about 2-2.5 LB off the bike weight just swapping wheels out ?

Richt20000

Jun 29, 2018
Uk
Big holes in underbelly under motor. They are just asking to fill up with mud. Can I put a bash guard over them or are they there for motor cooling purposes?

Cheers

Feb 6, 2021
Denmark
So Finally finally finally after months of deliberating and demoing ebikes I sold my Kenevo and bought a Canyon Spectral On 6. Got a brand new one with 12 road miles on it for £2500 (the one which was on ebay). Well chuffed.

Kenevo was too plough and not poppy enough, long chainstays made it quite cumbersome. Also my Large was a bit small, but XL was massive.
After ruling out the Norco VLT (felt a little small) and Decoy (just didnt gel with it and its only got 6 month warranty of battery) and wanting the Rocky Mountain Altitude Power play carbon but being stuck between sizes, I took a risk with the Canyon.

Well the risk paid off - its like a size large was made for me at 186cm.

Its going to get customised somewhat...

-2 Angleset to get it to 65 degree head angle
2020 Fox Factory 36 170mm Fork, 44mm offset
E13 27.5 Carbon wheels front and rear
27.5x2.6 tyres
GX Eagle cassette (only so I don’t have to change Xd driver)
180mm One up dropper

Bumping the forks up 20mm will equal out the 20mm lowering of the front wheel to go from 29 to 27.5.

Will assess the saddle, stem and brakes once ridden...

... which will be a few months and Ive just broken my wrist! Arrrrgggggjhhhhh
Did you fit a angle headset to a spectral:eek:n First gen ? What type and brand ??

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles