Other new Garmin Edge 1030 Plus not compatible with Specialized LEV app

profgruen

Aug 19, 2018
Austria
Hi

bought new Garmin 1030 Plus yesterday and tried to install Spec Levo Data App in order to pair with my Kenevo 1st gen and use the LEV Akku %-data field as well as the LECV motor gear - data field (for seeing which motor gear I am driving). Dont't you believe it: the Spec app is not available for the new Garmin Edge top-model - absolutely crazy. Either on uses the default Edge 1030 data fiels (which can only show "" for Eco, "4" for normal and "7" for Power - looks poor) or use
third party app.

Moreover Garmin Edge 1030 PLus seems to have a very poor display (dark, even with 100% setting and pale display colours) - mucg worse than eg Edge 1000 or cheap Edge Explore - very embarassing.

Finally, Garmin slles its new, pricy, top model but does not care that it is not recognized by Garmin BaseCamp Software properly + up to now it is not possible to
download BirdsEye Select-maps cause "Birds eye" button does not work with Garmin Edge 1030 PLus.

Big embarassement.

Best

ProfGruen

speedkills

May 17, 2020
Boulder, CO
It's not available for the Garmin Fenix 6 watches either. I think Specialized hasn't updated the app in ages so it won't support any of the newest devices.

GrahamPaul

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
As a Garmin user of many, many years, I am now accustomed to being a perenial beta-tester. Any new model is superseded before the firmware bugs are all ironed out. :mad:

profgruen

Aug 19, 2018
Austria
OK thanks Paul for your experience.You know, what's so important for me is to know if the BirdsEye raster map download will be possible again - Garmin states the Edge 1030 Plus as compatible device for BirdsEye on their website where you find and can buy BirdsEye maps/subscription. However it does not work.

I am so unsure because they already confirm the compatibility but it does not work in reality. Has this also been the same in the past?

Kindly ask for your feedback, because then I fetch my 1030 Plus which I cautiously brought to my dealer for checking with Garmin representatives if device is OK and will even wait and bike/hike without ratser maps as long as they need to repair this deficiency.

Thank you in advance

Profgruen.

GrahamPaul

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
OK thanks Paul for your experience.You know, what's so important for me is to know if the BirdsEye raster map download will be possible again - Garmin states the Edge 1030 Plus as compatible device for BirdsEye on their website where you find and can buy BirdsEye maps/subscription. However it does not work.

I am so unsure because they already confirm the compatibility but it does not work in reality. Has this also been the same in the past?

Kindly ask for your feedback, because then I fetch my 1030 Plus which I cautiously brought to my dealer for checking with Garmin representatives if device is OK and will even wait and bike/hike without ratser maps as long as they need to repair this deficiency.

Thank you in advance

Profgruen.

Sorry, I have no experience of the BirdsEye maps.

profgruen

Aug 19, 2018
Austria
Ok thanks.

Now still hoping that Garmin fixes the connection problem with BaseCamp and that they enable Garmin BirdsEye download also to the new Edge 1030 Plus currently not working

profgruen

Aug 19, 2018
Austria
Dear all

Update after a lot of investigation in other chatrooms, garmin forum and correspondemce with Garmin:

1. Display: there was a big concerning the colours with some of the activity profiles. Will be fixed with new firmware update 2.42. Still not so bright but ok.

2. Missing Basecamp birdseye compatibility also a bug and fixed with firmware 2.42

3. I switched to Ebike field app of Jan Capek as suggested here too and it works really well, like it as one can choose different sizes of data fields (default, large, content)

Thanks for help

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles