MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
mouse.jpg

Sijmes

Sep 22, 2018
Netherlands
I couldn't find the pics anywhere. I'd been surfing the German sites in my break at work. It's a terminal, so there's no history.... ?

Jamsxr

E*POWAH Master
Mar 30, 2019
Surrey
The decoupled noise when going downhill isn’t great.

It’s obviously a good improvement on the outgoing model, but thankfully for my bank balance, it’s not enough to make me want to chop in my e8000 equipped bike.

Sijmes

Sep 22, 2018
Netherlands
The decoupled noise when going downhill isn’t great.

It’s obviously a good improvement on the outgoing model, but thankfully for my bank balance, it’s not enough to make me want to chop in my e8000 equipped bike.
I have the idea that Shimano have nothing that they need to improve on just yet.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I have the idea that Shimano have nothing that they need to improve on just yet.

All of the motors seem pretty sorted on the whole. With the latest Bosch update it seems more like they've upgraded it to be more inline with the Shimano motor, rather than an advancement on the Shimano motor. I'm sure if you spoke to a Bosch engineer he'd shoot that idea down and explain how the electronics are better, the magnets are more attractive and so on... but to normal mortals ... they don't seem worlds apart.

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
There seem to be quite a lot of bearing failures on them, though that is not completely unique to Shimano. For me the performance of all the main motors is now pretty good - it’s reliability where they all need to make improvements.

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
The Bosch screams under load much like the shimano from what I can see in the videos. The good thing is now Bosch is similar to shimano there is a whole host of bikes to choose from.

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
The Bosch screams under load much like the shimano from what I can see in the videos. The good thing is now Bosch is similar to shimano there is a whole host of bikes to choose from.

What do you mean ‘screams’?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles