My new e-zesty

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
The FAZUA is the go to system for the new breed of super high end Road E-Bikes from the likes of Pinarello ,Look, Whisper and others, so I would assume they are shipping out he units as fast as they can make them at the moment.

image.jpeg

LOOK-E765-E-Rennrad-eBike-News-1-810x540.jpg

wispereurobikeshow2018-1.jpg

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
The FAZUA is the go to system for the new breed of super high end Road E-Bikes from the likes of Pinarello ,Look, Whisper and others, so I would assume they are shipping out he units as fast as they can make them at the moment.

View attachment 11007

View attachment 11008

View attachment 11009
not sure I get the point of e-road bikes, surely those things will smash the 15mph restriction by the time you have pulled your spandex back out of your ass! de-restricted however... hmm, now that could be fun.

Amazing looking Zesty though, looking forward to hearing your experiences

Last edited:

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
not sure I get the point of e-road bikes, surely those things will smash the 15mph restriction by the time you have pulled your spandex back out of your ass! de-restricted however... hmm, now that could be fun.

Amazing looking Zesty though, looking forward to hearing your experiences
E gravel bikes would be good I imagine if you are just using connecting roads.

100 Cols

Mar 9, 2018
Côte d'Azur, France
Deviating from the ever-so-beautiful eZesty topic, but... If one lives and rides on flat grounds, those restricted electric road bikes are probably a very frustrating thing.

But then again, If you ride in (mountainous) terrain, where flats are a non-existing geographical exception and you are either climbing or going steep down, the electric assistance makes much sense: climbing becomes a lot easier and faster and the 25 km/h restriction is irrelevant on descents as you're going over 40-50-60-70-80 km/h anyway. Social riding becomes a possibility again.

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
E gravel bikes would be good I imagine if you are just using connecting roads.
They would, but I still feel the range on these 250Wh road and gravel machines is going to be a bit limiting if you are using them in their optimal (hills/mountains) environment. They could do with a leap in battery tech even more so than EMTBs.

MattyB

Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
I have ridden the fazua and the E bike motion system and I preferred the E bike motion system.
Is that the one in the Orbea Gain (EDIT - Yes it is)? I did like that when I tried it at the NEC - simple to use, decoupled very nicely above 25kph and had more than enough oomph.

Last edited:

MattyB

Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
Yes, I ended up buying the gain over the fazua system. The only advantage the fazua has was the handlebar controls
True, though in an eMTB there is a significant advantage to the Fazua - the motor system is not unsprung weight as it is with a hub drive. On a road bike though I agree that a really good hub drive is probably slightly superior, certainly from a maintenance perspective.

Welshrobinireland

Patreon
Mar 24, 2018
Ireland
So come on then @Welshrobinireland... You've had it a while now ;), how does it ride? Pleased with your choice? What sort of range are you achieving on 1 battery?
Ok, so I'm trying to put some kind of review together that doesn't make me look like a fanboy. but to answer your question I've done nearly 100km so far since I got it. I got a spare battery at the same time but I'm yet to need it. My usual local route has 305 meters of climbing and a nice little downhill section with a mix of terrain. that little loop is nearly 13km and I use 30% battery. I've also done my usual 34 km Sunday ride with 600 meters of climb and still didn't need the extra battery. It's very different to my Scott which has a shimano motor and the Bosch powered lappiere I had before that. It's very difficult to explain. Yes on the Scott I got a workout as I was always on eco. This fazua is unreal. The workout on this motor is much more like a regular bike. I'm throwing it around like I'm a teenager again. So yes I'm very happy with it. Will be doing a 45km ride this weekend so I'm expecting to need the spare battery. Ps, I haven't experienced any of the negative stuff you'll read about in another review. You've probably watched robs videos on this bike. What they say about it is spot on tbh.

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
Ok, so I'm trying to put some kind of review together that doesn't make me look like a fanboy. but to answer your question I've done nearly 100km so far since I got it. I got a spare battery at the same time but I'm yet to need it. My usual local route has 305 meters of climbing and a nice little downhill section with a mix of terrain. that little loop is nearly 13km and I use 30% battery. I've also done my usual 34 km Sunday ride with 600 meters of climb and still didn't need the extra battery. It's very different to my Scott which has a shimano motor and the Bosch powered lappiere I had before that. It's very difficult to explain. Yes on the Scott I got a workout as I was always on eco. This fazua is unreal. The workout on this motor is much more like a regular bike. I'm throwing it around like I'm a teenager again. So yes I'm very happy with it. Will be doing a 45km ride this weekend so I'm expecting to need the spare battery. Ps, I haven't experienced any of the negative stuff you'll read about in another review. You've probably watched robs videos on this bike. What they say about it is spot on tbh.
Thanks for the update and description (y) if the ride and workout is like a regular bike is there much point of the fazua? How much assistance does this motor actually offer and how much noise does it emit compared to the Shimano and Bosch? Cheers

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
One of the key things to remember about the E-Zesty is that it is a bike meant and designed to be ridden aggressively, meaning that it is aimed at people who are going to be riding hard up and down hill - it is not designed for lazier uphill riding - its a different take on what an emtb can be, and won't be for everyone, offering more of an assistance when really needed over an always present approach.

Welshrobinireland

Patreon
Mar 24, 2018
Ireland
Thanks for the update and description (y) if the ride and workout is like a regular bike is there much point of the fazua? How much assistance does this motor actually offer and how much noise does it emit compared to the Shimano and Bosch? Cheers
I'm a huge fan of emtb in general. this motor is very much working in the background almost un noticed, until you switch it off. Then you realise how much its helping. No where near as punchy as the other motors and for me much better for it. I dont think this motor will suit every one, but it suits me. For sure if you listen really carefully you can just about hear it.

Welshrobinireland

Patreon
Mar 24, 2018
Ireland
One of the key things to remember about the E-Zesty is that it is a bike meant and designed to be ridden aggressively, meaning that it is aimed at people who are going to be riding hard up and down hill - it is not designed for lazier uphill riding - its a different take on what an emtb can be, and won't be for everyone, offering more of an assistance when really needed over an always present approach.
Perfect description.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Yeah I am desperate to try one! Where did you get yours from as no one this side of the Irish Sea seems to have stock?

My local loop tends to be a 20 mile 90 minute blast with about 600m of elevation, that I like to do full pelt without stopping, and would love to see how the Zesty goes in that, as I am probably 60/40 in Eco/Trail on my Vitus.

Welshrobinireland

Patreon
Mar 24, 2018
Ireland
Yeah I am desperate to try one! Where did you get yours from as no one this side of the Irish Sea seems to have stock?

My local loop tends to be a 20 mile 90 minute blast with about 600m of elevation, that I like to do full pelt without stopping, and would love to see how the Zesty goes in that, as I am probably 60/40 in Eco/Trail on my Vitus.
McCarthy cycles here in cork. Was thinking of a cheeky little jaunt home for a weekend and I'll bring it with me. I'm from pretty much where bike park Wales is. I'm loving seeing how far the battery will take me. Am genuinely surprised.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
McCarthy cycles here in cork. Was thinking of a cheeky little jaunt home for a weekend and I'll bring it with me. I'm from pretty much where bike park Wales is. I'm loving seeing how far the battery will take me. Am genuinely surprised.
Nice! Glad you’re lovin it. BPW would be a good test

2unfit2ride

Feb 2, 2019
herts
I'd love to see a light 130-140mm carbon 29er hardtail with a decent 30mm id rims & sensible tyres, it would be all the bike I currently need but I don't think it would be a big market so unlikely to happen, ho hum.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
FYI there is a vid coming out today/tomorrow on the Zsety from EMBN, and I believe MBR have an E-Zesty on test at the moment - I bumped into James Bracey from MBR out in Peaslake yesterday, was a top bloke.

Welshrobinireland

Patreon
Mar 24, 2018
Ireland
Its tomorrow I think. Got the battery to go into get home mode today at 36km with 700 meters of climbing and 2 and a half hours out. Had the spare but didn't use it as was on the last bit of the trail and it pedals like a normal bike when off anyway. Really happy with that. As the weather gets warmer along with my weight loss and fitness going up itll only get better. Not often that I'd be riding that distance either. I know these trails well and its transformed how I ride them. Crazy grip and so so agile. Love it. Think I'll sell the Scott.

Schbeemb

Nov 26, 2018
London
EmBn - It's not really a review as such. No verdict given. But still an interesting watch and I love the fact the battery and motor can simply be removed.. Looks great and love Steve's enthusiasm and riding.

The main negative point raised elsewhere concerned the lack of mid stroke support if I remember rightly. Given the fact that this can be tuned out to some extent, i really think Lapierre are onto a winner with this.

It's a seriously sexy looking bike.

Welshrobinireland

Patreon
Mar 24, 2018
Ireland
EmBn - It's not really a review as such. No verdict given. But still an interesting watch and I love the fact the battery and motor can simply be removed.. Looks great and love Steve's enthusiasm and riding.

The main negative point raised elsewhere concerned the lack of mid stroke support if I remember rightly. Given the fact that this can be tuned out to some extent, i really think Lapierre are onto a winner with this.

It's a seriously sexy looking bike.
I think they said something about wallowing or something. maybe its because I'm far from a pro but the level of grip and comfort over pesky rock gardens is amazing. Again I'm no pro.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles