Levo SL Gen 1 Official Levo SL Thread

ImSundee

Jan 20, 2020
Oxford
Has anyone, before any lockdowns, done a significant amount of riding in the wet/mud yet? Any mud ingress into the covers?

Has it been washed a lot?
I've been riding mine every weekend rain or shine, always fully cleaned after the ride - It lives inside, it has to be spotless, but I dont pressure wash.

No issues, but I havn't/wont take my motor apart as dont want to affect the motor.

losgatosgtr

Feb 7, 2020
Los Gatos, California
Just arrived in less than 3 weeks from the Italian factory to California. Can't wait to install it and take it for a spin. Not sure I'll be able to fully test it adequately with the lock down but I'll try and get out on some local trails near my home. IMG_20200328_123519.jpg

losgatosgtr

Feb 7, 2020
Los Gatos, California
Problem:
I had an annoyingly loud creak in the main pivot bearings on the new SL.

Solution:
I disassembled the main pivot and found two black anodized spacers on the non drive side and no spacers on the drive side. I checked the bearings for any notchiness and found them smooth and put one spacer on each side and reassembled. Now the linkage is smooth as butter and creak free.

I would check your SL main pivot for the proper placement of the spacers (one on each side of the bke) as it is easy and the torque specs are in the manual for all the bolts. I did not take any photos unfortunately but if someone has the repair or service manual I can annotate them and upload the document.

Jon.Soda

Mar 22, 2020
San Jose, CA
Hey Guys, Im trying to find this rubber chain stay guard for an aluminum frame SL.
My LBS ordered the regular Levo version and it of course is too wide for the SL.

Has anyone found this in the aftermarket?

Im getting quite pissed because every ride I come back with more chipped paint on my swing arms :mad:

IMG_8270.jpeg

hbakken

Nov 27, 2018
Norway
Love to ride the SL but the noise of the motor starting to piss me off more and more....
The full Turbo Levo is so much more quiet!

Impressed by the range. Up to around 1000hm without range extender. Actually never tried my extender yet :)

RaDja

Apr 2, 2019
Belgium
The engine sound is indeed a lot louder than the regular Levo. Today I drove the regular Levo again and you hardly hear it. After driving 600 km with the SL, the regular Levo is still a bit of a change.
I have used my Extender a few times now. 76 km and 700 altimeters and another 35% over both batteries together.

Bencab

Feb 13, 2020
California
Installed Cane Creek DB Coil IL with Sprindex adjustable coil spring this morning and rode about 9 mile to quickly test it this afternoon. Small bump compliance is superb; smooth landing from small jumps. The adjustable coil spring adjustment is a great feature. Played the spring rate from 470 to 500 lb/in; adjustable through a simple twist; comes in handy specially when my riding weight or trail demands different spring rate. Really digging the adjustable feature.

85B5D563-607C-4B29-AE36-EE3C788E4B64.jpeg

77D9CD24-EED8-4526-B22F-38F2EA325468.jpeg

35936202-7214-4DC2-B505-CFBC1235C951.jpeg

Hoppy

Nov 1, 2018
Washington
Was hoping for a little guidance on a few lbs in weight reduction. I have a carbon expert and have modified a few items. I‘ve added fox 36 factory Forks 150mm travel, added a DPX2 rear shock. Also put on a AXS dropper. I love all the changes but the weight has gone up a pound. At 40.8lbs. Was just wondering if the stock wheels could be changed to save some weight they are the carbon roval. Or the crank arms. Or the cassette. Have carbon bars already.

jemen

E*POWAH Master
Jun 1, 2018
Austria
Was hoping for a little guidance on a few lbs in weight reduction. I have a carbon expert and have modified a few items. I‘ve added fox 36 factory Forks 150mm travel, added a DPX2 rear shock. Also put on a AXS dropper. I love all the changes but the weight has gone up a pound. At 40.8lbs. Was just wondering if the stock wheels could be changed to save some weight they are the carbon roval. Or the crank arms. Or the cassette. Have carbon bars already.
You changed to tubeless already?

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland

Roval carbon wheels are a significant saving over the alloy ones. There are lighter wheels out there, but you’re looking at £2000 to save 200g. Not a very good £ / g ratio!

Carbon stem will save a bit, XX1 cassette is nearly 100g saving, my saddle knocked 110g off... and the carbon crank arms are still ‘coming soon’ according to Praxis, but should be ~150g lighter.

Have a look here for detailed weights... particularly the last couple of pages.
Levo SL Expert - First Ride - EMTB Forums

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
Love to ride the SL but the noise of the motor starting to piss me off more and more....
The full Turbo Levo is so much more quiet!

Impressed by the range. Up to around 1000hm without range extender. Actually never tried my extender yet :)
it is loud, when off the road i listen to music so it all just comes across as very smooth. I didn't like the stock tire set up much so after some trial and error the 2.6 ikon front and 2.6 rekon rear rolls really easily and the larger rear seems to settle the bike a bit. It has taken a week but i think i have gotten used to the bike and while it seemed a bit sketchy going fast at first now it is tons of fun

Reactions: CjP

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
Installed Cane Creek DB Coil IL with Sprindex adjustable coil spring this morning and rode about 9 mile to quickly test it this afternoon. Small bump compliance is superb; smooth landing from small jumps. The adjustable coil spring adjustment is a great feature. Played the spring rate from 470 to 500 lb/in; adjustable through a simple twist; comes in handy specially when my riding weight or trail demands different spring rate. Really digging the adjustable feature.

View attachment 28107

View attachment 28108

View attachment 28109

It looks really good! Did you happen to weight the IL + coil?

How the mid stroke with the coil (i.e pop/playfulness)? That's one thing I love about the stock configuration on the bike (coming from a heavy, linear rate coil bike)

losgatosgtr

Feb 7, 2020
Los Gatos, California
Changing to lighter weight wheel set and a lighter cassette could drop several hundred grams and of course carbon cranks and lighter saddle. Lighter weight tires will be a trade off by potentially giving up durability and grip.

losgatosgtr

Feb 7, 2020
Los Gatos, California
You can get the SL down to 34 lbs but you will need to use light weight parts and determine what you want to sacrifice to achieve the lowest weight if that is what you are after.

Last edited:

losgatosgtr

Feb 7, 2020
Los Gatos, California
it is loud, when off the road i listen to music so it all just comes across as very smooth. I didn't like the stock tire set up much so after some trial and error the 2.6 ikon front and 2.6 rekon rear rolls really easily and the larger rear seems to settle the bike a bit. It has taken a week but i think i have gotten used to the bike and while it seemed a bit sketchy going fast at first now it is tons of fun
The SL is also close to 10 lbs less weight for a louder motor with much less rolling resistance and better handling than the standard Levo. You have to pick your Poison.

Waynetta

E*POWAH Master
Feb 11, 2020
Plymouth Devon
I’ve now done over 250 miles in 12 days on my carbon comp. longest ride has been 41 miles and 4200ft climbing. Had 19% battery left but my legs were near the limit. Have done a few rides in the local woods and found you can rider power less for a good portion of a 2 hour blast and got home with 75% battery remaining.
I know it’s not for everyone the SL but it’s absolutely the right choice for me. My bike is quieter than the demo bike I had for a week (due to lbs balls up ) and find eco set to 60% support and 20% power is a lot easier on flat and gentle gradients to 35/35 standard setting. I’ve ridden every day but one since picking it up and still not got over how great it is to ride.
happy days. ?

losgatosgtr

Feb 7, 2020
Los Gatos, California
Update on the EXT Storia Lock 3 shock:. 210 x 55 with 550 lb spring. Bike size large flip-chip in low position. I'm 5'11" tall and weigh 195 lbs with all gear and water/pack on the bike.

Shock fits but the piggyback reservoir does make contact with the range extender or a tall water bottle. Will correct this by fabricating a small custom aluminum mounting tabs to drop water bottle holder a few millimeters toward the bottom bracket. Will use aluminum flat stock, cut off wheel, drill, file to make the mounting tabs.

The shock is just as poppy as the air shock probably within 95% or so and can easily pop off of lips, jumps, roots, rocks. Can easily bunnyhop the bike and that is exactly why the EXT Storia shock was chosen. It is different than other coil Shocks. You loose little to no progressivity with this particular shock. Small bump sensitivity is adjustable and unparalleled in providing tactile trail feel and enhanced grip by my experience to any other shock. Every click of the adjustment dials for HSC, LSC or rebound is noticeable and effects a tactile change. I still have fine tuning to do once I have access to more technical fast trails. Will report additional info when available.

With my seat slammed the rear tire can make contact (with harsh landings off of jumps) with the battery pack on the AXS battery pack on the reverb post. I remedied this by raising my post a few millimeters.

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200401141220340_COVER.jpg

IMG_20200401_140942.jpg

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200401141048561_COVER.jpg

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200401141132632_COVER.jpg
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200401141014551_COVER.jpg

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200401141028513_COVER.jpg

ImSundee

Jan 20, 2020
Oxford
Anyone else got slight play in the stock Xfusion Manic post? Kinda annoying but nothing major, once corona is sorted I might try and get a replacement.

Bencab

Feb 13, 2020
California
It looks really good! Did you happen to weight the IL + coil?

How the mid stroke with the coil (i.e pop/playfulness)? That's one thing I love about the stock configuration on the bike (coming from a heavy, linear rate coil bike)
Did not weigh as I do not have a weighing scale. From my one hour ride, better mid stroke than the stock shock and does not ramp up easily.

Shane.T

Nov 4, 2019
Brookfield
I’ve now done over 250 miles in 12 days on my carbon comp. longest ride has been 41 miles and 4200ft climbing. Had 19% battery left but my legs were near the limit. Have done a few rides in the local woods and found you can rider power less for a good portion of a 2 hour blast and got home with 75% battery remaining.
I know it’s not for everyone the SL but it’s absolutely the right choice for me. My bike is quieter than the demo bike I had for a week (due to lbs balls up ) and find eco set to 60% support and 20% power is a lot easier on flat and gentle gradients to 35/35 standard setting. I’ve ridden every day but one since picking it up and still not got over how great it is to ride.
happy days. ?
Hi
Agree with the comment of the SL is the right choice for me, I picked up my SL last week after having to replace the large dropper post for a medium. Previously I had a 2020 Levo Expert and found I was going too fast a lot of the time along with missing the playfulness of my Trek Fuel EX. I have ridden twice now and am completely blown away by the bike. The agile handling with the benefit of the motor makes the time on the bike great fun ALL the time, a quick question about how to set up the support / peak levels on the app. I mainly leave in Trail mode so can anybody recommend a setting that will cater for intermediate single track riding. I know there is plenty of information out there but If I can fast track the info it would be appreciated
Happy riding...Shane

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
Hi
Agree with the comment of the SL is the right choice for me, I picked up my SL last week after having to replace the large dropper post for a medium. Previously I had a 2020 Levo Expert and found I was going too fast a lot of the time along with missing the playfulness of my Trek Fuel EX. I have ridden twice now and am completely blown away by the bike. The agile handling with the benefit of the motor makes the time on the bike great fun ALL the time, a quick question about how to set up the support / peak levels on the app. I mainly leave in Trail mode so can anybody recommend a setting that will cater for intermediate single track riding. I know there is plenty of information out there but If I can fast track the info it would be appreciated
Happy riding...Shane
I like 35/75 or around there. Basically keep it in that mode all the time. I know others are doing 35/100 or around there

Waynetta

E*POWAH Master
Feb 11, 2020
Plymouth Devon
@Shane.T it depends how easy or hard and how far you want to go I suppose. I have a few preset settings and depending on distance planned and how I’m feeling I’ll chose before heading out. The standard settings work great though. I’ve tried the eco set
at 35/100 as some others have recommended but it’s not for me. Find that too easy on the flat stuff and I like a workout. Also pretty sure that even if you have power at 100% with support at 35 you’ll never actually get 100% power anyway?

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
My last few rides have been 35/70 - which seems ideal.
Once I’ve done some more riding and am happy that’s the setting for me, I’m going to remove the remote from the handlebar.

I can always use the TCU to select another mode if I’m struggling and need a bit more boost! I still have Trail at 60/60 and Turbo at 100/100... but I’m considering making them both a bit lower as they feel like they offer too much!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles