Levo SL Gen 1 Levo SL or Lapierre eZesty?

danf72

Jun 18, 2020
Berkshire

dochabanero

Sep 8, 2019
Sweden
Most likely the Orbea light weight bike.

66nm, 380wh, 17kg. Not sure this is the actual bike.

IMG_6054.jpg

KeithR

Jul 1, 2020
Blyth, Northumberland
Maybe ? Could be interesting

Mr Secret Squirrel reckons his bike hasn't been announced yet.

b45her

Dec 1, 2019
wales
Meh. Clearly subjective.

You can’t be talking about blowing it out of the water on weight unless it’s a XC build and can afford XC carbon construction and street queen wheels, which then means it’s not gonna be a crushing trail bike. If its more powerful it’ll need more battery. Which means more weight. Which means it’s competition is the bigger bikes. Not like there’s new battery tech that's Much lighter than the current SL.
so yeah we will see and I’d put money on that it’s not as good as an SL for power, range and a solid trail bike.

prob just another 20kg MTN bike that people will be complaining about the range.
Try lighter with twice the torque and more range than the SL.

Waynetta

E*POWAH Master
Feb 11, 2020
Plymouth Devon
As the title suggests, I'm contemplating a lighter ebike and my choice would be between the Levo SL or Lapierre eZesty. I want the Levo but I'm having doubts re reliability but also unsure of the eZesty as there's not many of them about, so maybe they have the same issues?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. It's a nightmare trying to make a decision!
2150 miles on my SL. totally reliable so far and the only thing that’s worn out is brake pads. Still on original cassette and chain ring (Been using two chains rotated every 200 miles or so). Absolutely love the bike.

KeithR

Jul 1, 2020
Blyth, Northumberland
Isn't that just the new Orbea 2021 OIZ ??
Dunno, but it came up on the Orbea site as a return on a relevant search, and then instantly got replaced (by a script) by a landing page: would they hide an image of the OIZ?

And - in this pic anyway - I thought the downtube looked squared-off in a "there's a battery inside" sort of way...

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Dont Mahle (who make the Levo SL motor) make the e-bike motion hub motors that Orbea use on their road bikes? Wonder if they are tied up in whatever this is

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles