Jam2 LTD 2018

David Dobson

Nov 9, 2019
Ireland
hi guys, I bought a wee jam 2 ltd for my mrs used and it has developed a tiny slip when the motor starts to assist. As I freewheel along and start to pedal there is a little clunk (more of a feeling than a noise) as the motor kicks in and then its fine as I pedal assisted but it is there every time the motor starts to assist. It is difficult to describe but im wondering if it is electrical or mechanical? There is no sign of it while pedalling with the motor off. I also cannot for the life of me, get the Bluetooth to connect to my android phone. It is finding it but wont accept the 6 zeros as a password. Very f*****g annoying. Can anybody help me please on either or both issues??
thanks in advance
David.

Jamsquared

Nov 15, 2019
Rushden, UK
My 2019 Jam2 does it if i'm in the "right gear" normally a low a gear and in boost. The bike wants to go faster than I start pedaling and there is a split second of overdrive would you call it?
It gets a bit crazy on steep climbs, again, in first or second gear and boost, as you come over the top onto flat it can overdrive for a second and fire you into a tree. Specific case would be at chicksands, riding up the snake run push up and going over the top next to the practice drop. there is a tree in just the right place to make a normal turn tricky as the motor realises its time to stop helping. I don't think its a problem, just a bit over enthusiastic :)

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
@David Dobson
Ref the bluetooth connection.
I'm no expert but I've had similar problems and have solved them in two different ways.
One is to go right back to Settings and open Bluetooth from there and do the connection.
Next one is to get a dealer to do it via the program on his laptop.

As the bike is used, the previous owner may have set up his own password. In which case I believe that you need a Focus dealer to sort you out.

Ref the clunking: I've done over a 1000miles on my Focus Jam2 and I don't recognise your problem. So either it doesn't happen to me or I'm too mechanically insensitive to notice.

Shy Ted

Aug 20, 2019
Inbed
Re Bluetooth problem; can’t remember the symptoms I had but I couldn’t connect when I first got the bike then read that you should delete/forget all your other Bluetooth connections on you phone/tablet, which I did, and then it connected.

Lad

Nov 15, 2018
Australia
I have the same problem BT connection problem with my new Merida. Worked fine with my Focus.
Removed and re-installed E-tube app (Android), still no cigar, no matter what I do.

So you suggesting to un-pair all BT devices on my phone? I have at least half a dozen devices paired (car audio, headphones, Versa watch. etc) which I need to pair again. From memory the Fitbit watch was a real bitch to pair so I'm bit reluctant to go thru it again.

Shy Ted

Aug 20, 2019
Inbed
I have the same problem BT connection problem with my new Merida. Worked fine with my Focus.
Removed and re-installed E-tube app (Android), still no cigar, no matter what I do.

So you suggesting to un-pair all BT devices on my phone? I have at least half a dozen devices paired (car audio, headphones, Versa watch. etc) which I need to pair again. From memory the Fitbit watch was a real bitch to pair so I'm bit reluctant to go thru it again.

Well, it worked for me on my iPhone and iPad after I found a hit somewhere regarding no BT connection. May have been here:
よくあるご質問|E-TUBE PROJECT|シマノ

I also had a few BT connections to ‘forget’ but then re-found them and everything works fine.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles