How’s the 160 TM on a long ride?

Clarky860

Mar 19, 2020
Austria
Hey I’ve seen lots of comments already on 160 vs 140 but does any have the 160 and do longer rides, if so how‘s the comfort, ever think you would have preferred the 140. Thanks in advanced

Reactions: MsO

EMTBehave

Apr 7, 2019
CH
Hey I’ve seen lots of comments already on 160 vs 140 but does any have the 160 and do longer rides, if so how‘s the comfort, ever think you would have preferred the 140. Thanks in advanced

What do you thnk the difference would be that would make the 160 more uncomfortable?

can get a bit sore on rides over the longer distances
Maybe you can expand on why you think it's uncomfortable?

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
I have the 160 TM and love it. I got it over the 140 as I liked the feel of the manouverability with the smaller wheels compared to the 29 inch wheels.
The riding comfort is awesome! There is no reason it would be less comfortable than the 140. You have longer travel. The only difference would be the 29 inch wheels over the 27.5, and in reality for 99 % of riding that makes almost no difference at all. I have a Cube Stereo Race 160 that I did the transalp on last year. so up to 110 KM per day and up to 2200 Vertical meters per day and had no problems at all. did 555 km in a week. I replaced the seat with a more comfortable one from Ergon and can ride all day on it.

Last edited:

Clarky860

Mar 19, 2020
Austria
What do you thnk the difference would be that would make the 160 more uncomfortable?

Maybe you can expand on why you think it's uncomfortable?
The geometry is slightly different and the 140 looks more suited to more climbing. A bit of a silly question now I come to think of it as few i guess would of had the chance to compare the 140 to 160 (2020) to build a good opinion.

I have the 160 TM and love it. I got it over the 140 as I liked the feel of the manouverability with the smaller wheels compared to the 29 inch wheels.
The riding comfort is awesome! There is no reason it would be less comfortable than the 140. You have longer travel. The only difference would be the 29 inch wheels over the 27.5, and in reality for 99 % of riding that makes almost no difference at all. I have a Cube Stereo Race 160 that I did the transalp on last year. so up to 110 KM per day and up to 2200 Vertical meters per day and had no problems at all. did 555 km in a week. I replaced the seat with a more comfortable one from Ergon and can ride all day on it.

That's very interesting to hear, thank you for you comments

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
If you have any specific questions, please ask. I have done about 500KM on it, though mostly flat trails. Haven't had a chance to get it into the mountains as I got it in Decemberm so winter is not so good, and now Covid-19 is holding me home.
I'm off for a ride now to settle me down. Had bad news about my job.

Reactions: MsO

GrantCube

Mar 26, 2020
Sydney, Australia
@Akiwi - I am sorry about the bad news about your job....here in Australia our government has put some really good support measures in place and I hope you have these in Germany too. When you get back from your ride, go on another one........you'l feel really good then!

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
I got the Ergon SF C3. Nothing fancy. Actually it is advertised as a fitness and touring bike seat, but my bum seems to like it. I have done about 8000 km on it and it still looks like new. I even have the cheapest model that only cost about €40.00. I am usually someone who trys to buy the best stuff, but I can highly recomend this seat.
I got the EMTB seat and tried it for about 100 km, but took it back as it was so hard and uncomfortable.

Jona

Jan 24, 2020
Belgium
i dont have the TM but the 160 SL. During covid, we were not allowed to drive our car for recreational stuff. So I had to bike to my local woods. 20km(quit flat) twice and 15km enduro style, 20km back. Not a problem. Almost no Bob on the back. I tested a giant E-trance . Bob was way worse.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles