Hi all I’ve got a giant full e +2 with standard wheel set I’m looking to upgrade but not sure what to look at or go for any advice please .

Pedal power

Jan 14, 2019
Northampton
Hi all I’ve got a giant full e +2 with standard wheel set I’m looking to upgrade but not sure what to look at or go for any advice please .

Pedal power

Jan 14, 2019
Northampton
The Devinci ebikes come with these wheels:

DT Swiss - H 1700 SPLINE® 35

Can't decide whether I should get a Giant e-trance and replace the real wheel with the above; or just go for a Devinci AC.
Hi I knocked another free hub on two different original giant wheels after 400 miles on each one so I think I will stay away from them from now on so I’ll take a look at the wheels you suggested thanks for the info

2unfit2ride

Feb 2, 2019
herts
TBH weight won't be an issue like it is on a normal bike, but saying that I bought a bike with the DT swiss wheels as I like bling. I think It will take me a long time to appreciate the difference if at all, why do you feel the need to upgrade, is there a problem with the current wheel set?
Cheers.

Pedal power

Jan 14, 2019
Northampton
TBH weight won't be an issue like it is on a normal bike, but saying that I bought a bike with the DT swiss wheels as I like bling. I think It will take me a long time to appreciate the difference if at all, why do you feel the need to upgrade, is there a problem with the current wheel set?
Cheers.
Hi
Yes there is a loud knock when you initially start to pedal it happened 400 miles ago and giant LBS replaced the free wheel hub as they said that was the source of the knock . And it’s developed the say noise again . They tried to sell me some Mavic XA elite wheels but I’m doing some research before deciding. I do like the look of DT Swiss wheels though
Thanks .

2unfit2ride

Feb 2, 2019
herts
If you are spending you're own money on wheels then hopes hubs have always worked for me, rims are a different story, but Stan's in the EX (or stronger rims) have been faultless so far, can't say the same for the XC rims.
Cheers.

Pedal power

Jan 14, 2019
Northampton
If you are spending you're own money on wheels then hopes hubs have always worked for me, rims are a different story, but Stan's in the EX (or stronger rims) have been faultless so far, can't say the same for the XC rims.
Cheers.
Ok

I did already upgrade the brake to Hope Tec 3 E4 great stopping power over standard so I’ll have a look at the hope Hub’s thanks for the info .

Thanks .

The Flying Dutchman

E*POWAH Master
Jan 16, 2019
Wellington NZ
Ok

I did already upgrade the brake to Hope Tec 3 E4 great stopping power over standard so I’ll have a look at the hope Hub’s thanks for the info .

Thanks .

I've ordered a Hope complete rear wheel with the Pro 4 hub. Happy to be the pigeon in the mine and see how a strong standard enduro hub performs on an E bike. Should be in my hot little hands this time tomorrow. I'll be giving it a proper thrashing in the next few weeks and will do a complete review on it. Likely be posted in the now famous "Trance E Freehub issues" thread.

Hope Tech Enduro – Pro 4 | Hope Tech | Made in Barnoldswick, England

have purchased anything yet? be interested to compare notes

Pedal power

Jan 14, 2019
Northampton
I've ordered a Hope complete rear wheel with the Pro 4 hub. Happy to be the pigeon in the mine and see how a strong standard enduro hub performs on an E bike. Should be in my hot little hands this time tomorrow. I'll be giving it a proper thrashing in the next few weeks and will do a complete review on it. Likely be posted in the now famous "Trance E Freehub issues" thread.

Hi

I haven’t purchased anything yet but it sounds like your going to have fun look forward to the update . Definitely compare after.

Cheers .

friartuckshop

Jan 2, 2019
Auckland New Zealand

are your repaired giant hubs still holding up?

The Flying Dutchman

E*POWAH Master
Jan 16, 2019
Wellington NZ
are your repaired giant hubs still holding up?
Holding up but I'm still pedaling on egg shells so to speak. I just don't have the confidence to ride long distances or throw down the power on pinch climbs. Also getting the occasional "clunk" sound too which has me nervous.

New wheel turned up today but not the chainwhip and tubeless kit I ordered at the same time....

friartuckshop

Jan 2, 2019
Auckland New Zealand
Holding up but I'm still pedaling on egg shells so to speak. I just don't have the confidence to ride long distances or throw down the power on pinch climbs. Also getting the occasional "clunk" sound too which has me nervous.

New wheel turned up today but not the chainwhip and tubeless kit I ordered at the same time....
lets us know how you get on with the hope hubs. Are you getting the hubs laced to the giant rims, or did you get another set of rims as well?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles