Forestal Siryon 2021 Edition One - Owners Thread

aarfeldt

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 25, 2019
Denmark, Danstrup
Hello,

with the Forestal Siryon 2021 Edition One to be released "very soon", it's time to build this thread :)
It's now set to be released within a month or so....really looking forward to this bike.

Lets hear if you have ordered/pre-ordered this bike.

I've ordered a size medium (I'm 1.76cm and feeling good on my TurboLevo medium)

siryon_1.png

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
What frame number are you getting? I would have to settle for 665, the neighbour of the beast...

kimochi

Feb 16, 2021
California
Anybody in the US pre-ordered this bike? Would like to but hesitant with having this bike getting stuck at customs and packaging getting torn apart, losing battery charger etc.

aarfeldt

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 25, 2019
Denmark, Danstrup
Good news: just got an update from Forestal - my order has changed status to "Production and assembly"
SemiBad news: delivery has changed from marts to may 2021.

Matthew87

Aug 8, 2019
Sweden
Anyone been thinking about ridig the Siryon as Mullet? The BB is pretty high, so guess it could work. It will be around 63 degrees head angle though, kinda slack.

d3ftone

May 29, 2019
Colorado
Anyone been thinking about ridig the Siryon as Mullet? The BB is pretty high, so guess it could work. It will be around 63 degrees head angle though, kinda slack.

Currently on a Decoy mullet and I've quite liked it. Planning on riding the Siryon as a full 29er first to see which wheel setup I prefer. If I do end up putting a 27.5 wheel on I'll also install one offset shock bushing in the high position (hole pointed away from the shock). The 27.5 wheel will drop the BB 11-12mm, while the offset bushing will raise it 5mm. Would end up around 347mm, which is about what I'd prefer. Like you said, the BB is a bit too high to begin with at 353mm. Head angle would be around 63.4.

Matthew87

Aug 8, 2019
Sweden
Currently on a Decoy mullet and I've quite liked it. Planning on riding the Siryon as a full 29er first to see which wheel setup I prefer. If I do end up putting a 27.5 wheel on I'll also install one offset shock bushing in the high position (hole pointed away from the shock). The 27.5 wheel will drop the BB 11-12mm, while the offset bushing will raise it 5mm. Would end up around 347mm, which is about what I'd prefer. Like you said, the BB is a bit too high to begin with at 353mm. Head angle would be around 63.4.

Interesting :)

I ride a Whyte with 335 mm BB which I think is nice.
What do you think the head angle and seat angle would be om the Siryon with 27.5 rear and no offset bushing?

d3ftone

May 29, 2019
Colorado
If I go below 345mm the pedal strikes become too frequent.

Probably a little slacker than 63 and 76 degrees. Here’s a good geo calculator -

Interesting :)

I ride a Whyte with 335 mm BB which I think is nice.
What do you think the head angle and seat angle would be om the Siryon with 27.5 rear and no offset bushing?

aarfeldt

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 25, 2019
Denmark, Danstrup
First Edition is allmost sold out, but new models is available to order.

More colors and different models available - öhlins model now available at higher cost (~2000£ cheaper than TurboLevo G3 !)

Last edited:

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
That’s a huge jump in price from €7.5k to over €9k for the first edition!

Very disappointing.

GizmoSL

Dec 15, 2020
San Antonio Texas
Yet another entry into the ebike derby. This looks like another high quality manufacturer, with prices to match. Buy direct also. If the Orbea stumbles I may take a chance. With Mondraker, Orbea and Now Forestal this area is becoming a center for high end ebikes.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
It's going to be a really interesting bike. At least the Halo, whilst obviously a lesser spec, isn't just junk that you have to change on arrival.

I guess it's main competition is going to be the Kenevo Prime, but I think this will end up being a lighter package - just ..

I'm really glad I don't have all these bikes lined up in the bike brothel, I wouldn't know which one to ride.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I just can't decide ... I like lots of the standard colours, but don't want to just look like every other Muppet on a petit tonnerre read forestal Syrion Diode .. I think I need to go custom, with something like Zimmer's "Blazing Bowel Brown" ..

Screenshot 2021-03-31 18.28.53.png

GizmoSL

Dec 15, 2020
San Antonio Texas
It's going to be a really interesting bike. At least the Halo, whilst obviously a lesser spec, isn't just junk that you have to change on arrival.

I guess it's main competition is going to be the Kenevo Prime, but I think this will end up being a lighter package - just ..

I'm really glad I don't have all these bikes lined up in the bike brothel, I wouldn't know which one to ride.
Hahaha

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles