Forest Of Dean, The one with hills... 28 September

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
After the great turnout at Cannock it's time to set up a ride at the Forest of Dean.
Proposed date is Saturday 28st September. Time is 9:30 meet for a 10:00 start. For simplicity, we'll meet at Pedalabikeaway. It'll mean a couple of road/fireroad miles to join up the best stuff but there's some good trails near to the centre that I wouldn't want new visitors to miss.

Last edited:

Mad Mark

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Nov 2, 2018
Burton on Trent
Me and John can do that date Dom, so count us in.
AMC if you want to go, me and john can pick you up, we have a spare place in the cube wagon, would save you driving down on your own
I think we will allow a specialized bike in.
Let me know if you want to go & we will sort out time and place to pick you up
FOD here we come, looking forward to this ride out Dom ?

billwarwick

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 1, 2018
warwick
Dom, how would you compare it to the recent Cannock ride in terms of distance, technical, climbing, battery life, etc?
In other words, is it suitable for an old git on a hardtail?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Dom, how would you compare it to the recent Cannock ride in terms of distance, technical, climbing, battery life, etc?
In other words, is it suitable for an old git on a hardtail?
It will be techier (is that a word?) than Cannock but it's easy to adjust the level of difficulty to suit the group. There will be options for steep and natural and I'm going out over the next couple of weeks to check there's chicken lines on the steeper stuff.
It'll be about 20 miles all in, depending on the group and what we actually ride.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Will there be official designated recharge cake stops every 1km ?
There are good cafes at the start and furthest point. The cafe at PABA is usually very busy, Dean Forest Cycles not so much so that would be my preferred option, but to be honest once I'm full of cake I'm heading back to the car anyway.

Kangr

Patreon
Sep 14, 2018
Stoke on Trent
I would like to come, but after cannock im doubting my fitness to do 20miles. (hopefully I will be able to borrow a bike as well) is there any point on the loop that you could send me back to the cars if it got to much.

Gee

Jun 20, 2019
South Wales
Bollox! Would have been well up for this but im off the bike for a few weeks as ive just had my gallbladder out :(

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I rode a selection of trails today in preparation for planning a route.

We'll start at the Cycle Centre and head out on the Blue Trail, this will give everyone a chance to get their eye in before we hit a few steep and natural trails on the way to Shutcastle. After hitting a few sweet trials there we'll head to Dowies where the big battery boys can session the trails there before we head to the cafe for some well earned cake.

Difficulty level is blue through to black(ish) depending on the weather. A couple of the black(ish) trails will require full commitment but we'll be doing a few runs that start from the same place if anyone feels the need to sit it out.

If the weather is shite we can either postpone or alter the route but we'll miss out on the good stuff.

Girdermonkey

Jul 13, 2019
Hereford
I rode a selection of trails today in preparation for planning a route.

We'll start at the Cycle Centre and head out on the Blue Trail, this will give everyone a chance to get their eye in before we hit a few steep and natural trails on the way to Shutcastle. After hitting a few sweet trials there we'll head to Dowies where the big battery boys can session the trails there before we head to the cafe for some well earned cake.

Difficulty level is blue through to black(ish) depending on the weather. A couple of the black(ish) trails will require full commitment but we'll be doing a few runs that start from the same place if anyone feels the need to sit it out.

If the weather is shite we can either postpone or alter the route but we'll miss out on the good stuff.

Sounds good! I got shown dowies last week, great fast and fun.
Looking forward to it ?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Sounds interesting, probably above my level lol but if I’m free hopefully I’ll get down there and find out.
I think you'll be fine. Nobody has to ride anything they're not comfortable with.

Jamer

Aug 10, 2018
Lydney
Hi Dom, just a heads up, we may be doing maintenance on Dowies 3 and/or 4 on Saturday morning. I'll let you know for sure later in the week. Dave

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Hi Dom, just a heads up, we may be doing maintenance on Dowies 3 and/or 4 on Saturday morning. I'll let you know for sure later in the week. Dave

Saturday 28th?

Thanks for the head's up. We'll be hitting Dowies last, so with a 10:00 kick off I doubt we'll be there before 1:00.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles