Focus going with Bosch for 2020 models

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
Really tempted to cancel the YT. No carbon frame at launch though☹️ And not sure about the ‘anti hacking’ implemented by Bosch on this new motor?
Do really like my Jam2 and the thought of larger battery is really cool.

Jamsxr

E*POWAH Master
Mar 30, 2019
Surrey
These looks really nice, geo and value look really good on paper. Personally I don’t see the point in a carbon frame eBike, negilable weight saving for extra cost and less durability.

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
These looks really nice, geo and value look really good on paper. Personally I don’t see the point in a carbon frame eBike, negilable weight saving for extra cost and less durability.
Dunno about the durability, my Jam2 picked up a dent in the down tube on its second ride. No dents in my Evil....

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
The new version with the Bosch motor will be available in August.
The current model with Shimano motor is still available and are now being supplied with the TEC piggy back battery as standard.

Gavalar

Feb 4, 2019
UK
Whyte are also going with the new Bosch system, yes, you read that right, Whyte are launching an E-bike imminently, they look pretty good from what I can tell on their website, I'm holding off on the YT Decoy until I have seen the Whyte's in the flesh.

Sedona03

Mar 13, 2019
Bristol
Question, will the new bigger battery be able to swap into older focus frames?
I rides a Bold2 29er with smaller battery and don't really want the T. E. C pack.

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
Question, will the new bigger battery be able to swap into older focus frames?
I rides a Bold2 29er with smaller battery and don't really want the T. E. C pack.
Unfortunately not, it’s a totally new battery and far bigger capacity so there is no way it will fit.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles