First ride yesterday...

TommyBall

Feb 12, 2019
Edinburgh
And.... It was cut short, but lessons learned.

The chain snapped on the bike just after having a play round teenage kicks at glentress.

To be fair I wasn't planning on doing anymore as I was playing football at night but just couldn't wait till the weekend. Alas the bike felt amazing and more chuckable than the kenevo I hired from alpine bikes. Might of been down to the large frame and me being short in the a**e not being able to move it as much. But the levo wow!!!

Anyways off I trotted up the fire road new bike turbo mode because yes. Yes yes yes! Then had to stop and start so changed gears back up...twang.... Oh chain popped off... Oh right off. Gutted but at a point I could freewheel back to the car park. Called Edinburgh bikes at bruntsfield. They were great told me to fire back and they stuck a new chain on it. They apologized a lot but it's not their fault it's just a chain and s#*t happens. At least it wasn't the weekend and just as well it happened then. Also buying the bike from them especially Ross and Dave made the buying process very smooth.

This brings me to lessons learned. Even with a new bike stuff will go wrong I was fully thinking about tyres and forgot about the drive. Like a spare link to allow me to get home. F*"!y! Also tools to get going again. Everyday is a school day.

Hey ho hopefully Sunday will be a fun day and the bike will want to go further than the rider.

Here's a pick of the first mod.
IMG-20190214-WA0002.jpeg

Wiltshire Warrior

E*POWAH Master
Jul 3, 2018
Poole
Alas the bike felt amazing and more chuckable than the kenevo I hired

That's because the kenevo is a 55lb tank, is there a heavier emtb out there?

If it's any consolation my speed sensor wire only lasted 300 miles.

I that green colour they should have done the whole bike in it, I like em bright!

TommyBall

Feb 12, 2019
Edinburgh
As long as I get Sunday in maybe out on Saturday as well I'll be a happy chappie.

I like the broken colour I think it might be too much with it all green. I'm going to find more orange bits for it... I've heard it makes you faster like the go faster stripes on a metro.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Plenty of bikes out there that are around the 24kg mark that the Kenevo sits at, including most mid level spec Bosch motored bikes.

The Kenevo doesn't actually feel that heavy when riding it, especially if you try one running narrower tyres. The standard tyres make it feel far less nimble than it has the potential to be.

The new Levo is noticeable lighter than a Kenevo, but a lot of other bikes aren't.

TommyBall

Feb 12, 2019
Edinburgh
Plenty of bikes out there that are around the 24kg mark that the Kenevo sits at, including most mid level spec Bosch motored bikes.

The Kenevo doesn't actually feel that heavy when riding it, especially if you try one running narrower tyres. The standard tyres make it feel far less nimble than it has the potential to be.

The new Levo is noticeable lighter than a Kenevo, but a lot of other bikes aren't.

?% agree with that. Like I said the kenevo was a bit big for me as well so that might of had something to do with it.

Can't wait to get out on it again. If only it wasn't valentine's! Haha

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I think the exciting thing is where Specilized go next with the Kenevo - the new Levo is such a capable bike, and whilst not a full on Enduro bike, its descending capabilities are a step forward from the old one, and it will be interesting to see what they do with the Kenevo. I wouldn't be surprised to see a dual crown equipped version of it.

Wiltshire Warrior

E*POWAH Master
Jul 3, 2018
Poole
As long as I get Sunday in maybe out on Saturday as well I'll be a happy chappie.

I like the broken colour I think it might be too much with it all green. I'm going to find more orange bits for it... I've heard it makes you faster like the go faster stripes on a metro.
Orange saddle should work

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Good times ahead.

I've found to change gear in turbo mode you have to stop pedalling completely. Otherwise you can hear the pounds dropping out your pocket with the crunching noises.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles