Ezesty- a few months have passed. How is it working out?

2unfit2ride

Feb 2, 2019
herts
I've a size large. Since I changed the brakes out for Hope's, 18.2 kg. 15kg with the blank battery/motor cover on.
Very helpful, with the motor that's nearly 3.5kg less than my bike so quite a bit more than I thought it would be & there must be a lot more weight saving components than just the motor, sounds like a sorted bike (y)

spacemonkey

Sep 29, 2018
belgium
Had a couple of runs on it yesterday.
Yes, it really feels like a normal enduro bike and yes it's completely silent ( can compare with first gen levo and shimano and rocky mountain)

Would i want one? If i only had one bike....yes probably , but i also own a normal enduro bike and i like to have a big difference between the two.
Secondly: i think it's overpriced...7500€ for the top model (with medium components...no thanks)
Should get interesting when direct sales companies will use the fazua system...

my two cents

Welshrobinireland

Patreon
Mar 24, 2018
Ireland
Had a couple of runs on it yesterday.
Yes, it really feels like a normal enduro bike and yes it's completely silent ( can compare with first gen levo and shimano and rocky mountain)

Would i want one? If i only had one bike....yes probably , but i also own a normal enduro bike and i like to have a big difference between the two.
Secondly: i think it's overpriced...7500€ for the top model (with medium components...no thanks)
Should get interesting when direct sales companies will use the fazua system...

my two cents
All fair I think. If you take away the e bike part of it for a moment though. How much would a similar spec "normal" full carbon kashima fox etc etc cost. Genuinely have no clue.

Siwilkie

May 20, 2019
Wakefield
Dosnt look half bad with the motor blank in place ... obviously now just mtb but good if having a ride just down hills the tube as enough space for spare tubes pump tools etc so very handy
20190524_220327.jpg

Dusty

Jul 14, 2018
Liverpool
Carnt wait for more reviews on the ezesty i couldnt afford the top spec but might be able to plug for entry level even though thats still spendy

Siwilkie

May 20, 2019
Wakefield
Carnt wait for more reviews on the ezesty i couldnt afford the top spec but might be able to plug for entry level even though thats still spendy
I didn't buy the pro as thought car on wheels and carbon dropper was a waste yes the suspension is slightly better but fox 36s with black sanctions look ace and very buttery smooth
I've upgraded brakes and ring and have a set of hope wheels on route but all this are not needed just had the brakes so thought why not.

Dusty

Jul 14, 2018
Liverpool
I didn't buy the pro as thought car on wheels and carbon dropper was a waste yes the suspension is slightly better but fox 36s with black sanctions look ace and very buttery smooth
I've upgraded brakes and ring and have a set of hope wheels on route but all this are not needed just had the brakes so thought why not.

Am hoping to get spare wheel set as want that " all rounder" for possible commute and leisure rides with the family. so can extend battery range with faster rolling tyres if need be too as theres plenty of canal and cinder paths near by i can exploit

grim007

Apr 11, 2019
Israel
Can a fit rider (eg someone who rides 99% of time on eco) ride with "regular" ebikers with this bike and keep pace and achieve the same range as if they were on trail?

Siwilkie

May 20, 2019
Wakefield
Can a fit rider (eg someone who rides 99% of time on eco) ride with "regular" ebikers with this bike and keep pace and achieve the same range as if they were on trail?
If your fit then it's only up the hills where you'll drop back a bit but I'd say yes as fast and nimble on the decents

Welshrobinireland

Patreon
Mar 24, 2018
Ireland
As long as the other ebikers stay in eco or a mid power setting then I'd say yes. I ride regularly with non ebikers who are extremely fit and I have no problem staying and matching them. My ebike buddies tend to be more gravity happy and just boost back up to the top. E-zesty cant compete with that.

Dakes87

Jun 11, 2019
England
Morning guys, I hope your all well, I've got the man powered zesty 3.0 and I was wondering if you guys could clear a few things up for me as I'm not a very well experienced MTB'er lol.

I've noticed that my rear wheel is slightly of line from my seat post when I'm riding, usually the rear wheel is central right? Please help, also where would I look to upgrade parts etc, the rear shock is made from LP and the lockout doesn't seem to be working in the slightest and it's only 3 months old

Thanks in advance

Kris

Siwilkie

May 20, 2019
Wakefield
Morning guys, I hope your all well, I've got the man powered zesty 3.0 and I was wondering if you guys could clear a few things up for me as I'm not a very well experienced MTB'er lol.

I've noticed that my rear wheel is slightly of line from my seat post when I'm riding, usually the rear wheel is central right? Please help, also where would I look to upgrade parts etc, the rear shock is made from LP and the lockout doesn't seem to be working in the slightest and it's only 3 months old

Thanks in advance

Kris
Hi Kris every bike I've had the wheel is central is it to the left or right as realistically the cassette is the biggest component take the wheel out have a look to see things tight no play etc. My rear shock is the branded one but needed a load extra psi than recommended to get the bike rigid which gives it more feeling
I'd also check linkage bushes as all mine came loose in no time so made rear a bit wobbly
Hope it helps

Dakes87

Jun 11, 2019
England
Hi Kris every bike I've had the wheel is central is it to the left or right as realistically the cassette is the biggest component take the wheel out have a look to see things tight no play etc. My rear shock is the branded one but needed a load extra psi than recommended to get the bike rigid which gives it more feeling
I'd also check linkage bushes as all mine came loose in no time so made rear a bit wobbly
Hope it helps
Thanks Siwilkie,

As I'm sat on the bike if I look down it's more to the right, usually the spokes from the hub come in to the rim at a slight angle however on mine the cassette side is flat which I think is why the wheel is off center, also I'm unsure what psi I've put in my rear shock but the sag seems correct and I've recently been out on it and it all seems perfect, I just can't lockout when climbing, I'm just conscious I've had the bike 3 months and I'm worried that I've spent alot of money in something that isn't 100%

StrikeForceMTB

Jul 27, 2019
WV, USA
Exposed shock and bushes are still putting me off.
All of the photo's that I've seen has a cover over the shock to help keep mud/muck out of there. I don't think there will be any issues for that but I would like to know if I could put a DPX2 or another shock with a reservoir to fit in there without any issues.

Siwilkie

May 20, 2019
Wakefield
Still loving the bike I find I use it a lot with the blank with the kids but when out on a big ride enjoying the assistance when needed only had one issue which the laptop enabled software diognostics found issue so easy fix

IMG_20190818_212034_594.jpg

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
Do you have any problems with water getting in the battery where the gap is

Which gap? The battery is in the sleeve with the motor. Up top where the unit goes into the frame? If so, no. It's not usually wet here but after washing the bike I don't have any water ingress issues.

Gordon

MTBJay

Jul 20, 2020
UK
Which gap? The battery is in the sleeve with the motor. Up top where the unit goes into the frame? If so, no. It's not usually wet here but after washing the bike I don't have any water ingress issues.

Gordon
Thanks Gordon

yes up top where the whole unit connects

Jay

MTBJay

Jul 20, 2020
UK
Hi Guys any body know how to get the app to show the Trip distance as it always reads 0 but the OD distance works fine ?

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
Rode the Bay of Fires Trail in Tasmania this week on the eZesty. I believe it's the longest dedicated MTB single track in the southern hemisphere. They recommend full fat ebikes for this ride. 2nd day in a row of over 40kms. 46km. 650m climb. 2 hrs 45 mins. Long uphills were a slog for an unfit rider but the bike handled brilliantly over all. Absolutely ripped the descents. Such a good bike to ride. Used about 1.5 batteries.

Gordon

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles